T-man
Has anyone else been paying attention to this game? I haven't been very big into Pokemon for a while, but this one looks promising.

I like a few of the new Pokemon too.
Quote:[Image: drampa.png] [Image: rowlet.png] [Image: gumshoos.png]
[Image: togedemaru.png] [Image: mimikyu.png] [Image: mudbray.png]

and the new forms of old ones
Quote:[Image: alolanraichu.png] [Image: alolansandshrew.png] [Image: alolanexeggutor.png]

Anyone else excited? What version are you gonna get?
kaZaam
lmao is that fake pikachu thing some kind of metatextual commentary or are they just that out of ideas
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
T-man
i dunno but its kinda spoopy
Stirling
https://twitter.com/coughdrops/status/76...5721407488
[Image: CpTYJS5UMAE7k-M.jpg:large]
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
kaZaam
at the end of the game do you find an even faker pikachu thats just some weird dinosaur thing
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Two_Finger
yeah it's me
Draku
(Aug 13, 2016 at 11:48 PM)Kazaam Wrote: lmao is that fake pikachu thing some kind of metatextual commentary or are they just that out of ideas
It just wants to be loved, so it picked a popular Pokemon to imitate and get attention with
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
(Aug 14, 2016 at 5:46 AM)Draku Wrote:
(Aug 13, 2016 at 11:48 PM)Kazaam Wrote: lmao is that fake pikachu thing some kind of metatextual commentary or are they just that out of ideas
It just wants to be loved, so it picked a popular Pokemon to imitate and get attention with

I asked for pocket monsters, not for feels.
Spritanium
(Aug 13, 2016 at 11:41 PM)T-man Wrote: [Image: togedemaru.png]

Are they ever going to stop including a slightly-altered Pikachu design in every new set of pokemon?

(Aug 13, 2016 at 11:41 PM)T-man Wrote: [Image: mimikyu.png]

Nevermind
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
(Aug 15, 2016 at 6:06 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Are they ever going to stop including a slightly-altered Pikachu design in every new set of pokemon?
Japan jerks off to Pikachu extremely fucking hard, some of the GF staff have even gone on record that the west understands Pokemon better because they like their own favorites instead of rolling with whatever they push out to market
Spritanium
(Aug 15, 2016 at 6:11 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Aug 15, 2016 at 6:06 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Are they ever going to stop including a slightly-altered Pikachu design in every new set of pokemon?
Japan jerks off to Pikachu extremely fucking hard, some of the GF staff have even gone on record that the west understands Pokemon better because they like their own favorites instead of rolling with whatever they push out to market

How does Pokemon #25 randomly become the most popular one anyway

Is it just because of the TV show
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
(Aug 15, 2016 at 6:12 PM)Spritanium Wrote:
(Aug 15, 2016 at 6:11 PM)Draku Wrote:

How does Pokemon #25 randomly become the most popular one anyway

Pikachu was chosen for the anime because its design was popular with people to begin with and it stood out as one of the closer Pokemon to something one would actually keep as a pet. It's also one of the Gen1 designs that has more universal appeal rather than leaning more towards one gender or the other.
T-man
(Aug 15, 2016 at 6:11 PM)Draku Wrote: Japan jerks off to Pikachu extremely fucking hard, some of the GF staff have even gone on record that the west understands Pokemon better because they like their own favorites instead of rolling with whatever they push out to market

Japan loves their kawaii mascots.

(Aug 15, 2016 at 6:12 PM)Spritanium Wrote: How does Pokemon #25 randomly become the most popular one anyway

Basically yes, I don't know if this actually happened or if this is just hearsay, but I heard that Pikachu beat out Clefairy in some poll to be Ash's Pokemon in the anime which consequently caused Pikachu to become the face of the brand.
Poxni
sun and moon look like they're doing a lot of good things the franchise needed a loooong time ago
[Image: xPhNzA9.jpg]
Stirling
hyper training is the best

some are speculating that this is going to be another johto-kanto situation where you head back to kalos after finishing the island shit
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Elyk
(Aug 15, 2016 at 11:28 PM)StirlADrei Wrote: hyper training is the best

some are speculating that this is going to be another johto-kanto situation where you head back to kalos after finishing the island shit

I'd love that but I doubt it will happen.
DrTapeworm
[Image: Fo2U9Sx.png]
Meet Marcel Toing, proud owner of restaurant: Ratatoing
DrTapeworm
i think the most interesting thing about today's reveals is that the plot involves explicitly non-pokemon aliens called "Ultra Beasts" now
[Image: CrmYDKv.png]
according to the website, its codename is UB-01, it's made of something similar to molten glass, is constantly changing shape, and its movements are compared to that of a young girl

the pokemon games are getting WEIRD and i like that a lot
[Image: dinogunz.png]
T-man
Space Pokemon? Sign me up
Draku
(Sep 7, 2016 at 9:46 PM)T-man Wrote: Space Pokemon? Sign me up
[Image: IpYNRNM.png]