Shadow the Hedgehog
websites without favicons
Pea
being at the cash register and someone in the front is price matching their 40 items and the cashier is taking their sweet time (god bless their soul) to take care of it without causing any trouble.

this is the last time i go to walmart
EH2
Being repeatedly told (offline) to watch either of the following:

Breaking Bad / Better Call Saul
Game of Thrones
whichever is the newest Marvel/DC superhero movie/Netflix show
whichever is the newest horror movie in theaters
Twin Peaks
Stranger Things
Attack on Titan
edit: I forgot to add Gintama to this list

The Walking Dead was on that list but thankfully everyone I know dropped it because it went shittier
Briraka
when fake hedgehogs steal your topics.
EH2
(Sep 6, 2017 at 10:59 AM)Briraka Wrote: when fake hedgehogs steal your topics.

Oh my god it's still on fucking page 1 over there
EH2
Dear Spritey:

Do I have to update my post to say "online and offline"
Yrrzy
i dont think hes asking you to watch them, just explaining why people do
EH2
Well, "but the critics love them and everyone says they're good" is a recurrent phrase used to pester me into watching (or picking back up) any of those
Briraka
a video related to your troubles, EH2:
Spritanium
(Sep 6, 2017 at 3:39 PM)EH2 Wrote: Well, "but the critics love them and everyone says they're good" is a recurrent phrase used to pester me into watching (or picking back up) any of those

I used to be like this until I learned that when things are critically-acclaimed it usually means they're good

(note: not all popular things are critically-acclaimed and vice versa)

Honestly you have the right to avoid whatever you want to avoid, but if people are constantly recommending these shows to you then you'd probably enjoy them
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Shadow the Hedgehog
anytime the US is a victim of a terror attack or natural disaster and people pretend we'll get through it on patriotism alone
Yoshin
people who take pictures of screens are the literal worst
esp with console THAT HAVE A SCREENSHOT BUTTON
Puddin
*at toy store*

"Do you have toucans?"

"No but we have parrots."

THEY'RE TWO

COMPLETELY

DIFFERENT

BIRDS

Mad
Yrrzy
(Sep 6, 2017 at 6:07 PM)Spritanium Wrote:
(Sep 6, 2017 at 3:39 PM)EH2 Wrote: Well, "but the critics love them and everyone says they're good" is a recurrent phrase used to pester me into watching (or picking back up) any of those

I used to be like this until I learned that when things are critically-acclaimed it usually means they're good

(note: not all popular things are critically-acclaimed and vice versa)

Honestly you have the right to avoid whatever you want to avoid, but if people are constantly recommending these shows to you then you'd probably enjoy them

completely untrue, people recommend them cause theyre popular

theyre popular cause theyre good, but something being good doesnt automatically mean they'll like it

i wouldn't recommend any of those shows to sudo because I know his tastes and I don't think he'd enjoy them, even if I do
Spritanium
idk I kind of assumed that if people in his life are telling him over and over to watch something then it might be for a good reason
Hypernova
As someone working at a retail store currently: customer asking the most obvious question. (example: at a phone repair store, they'll ask: do you guys fix phones?)
[Image: Mario_Gun.gif]
"Mario Teaches Firearm Safety" ~Aidan
EH2
(Sep 7, 2017 at 1:17 AM)Spritanium Wrote: idk I kind of assumed that if people in his life are telling him over and over to watch something then it might be for a good reason

This is one of the few bastions of "respect for other people's tastes" I know, actually

My offline acquaintances object to pretty much all my reasons not to engage in the media they like. They think I'm posturing because they can't fathom someone who wants more from a show or a movie than dazzling effects, intricate action choreography, gore, sex, and violence - much less could they imagine someone that could be turned off by some of those.

So the question "How can you not like X if it's just so fucking awesome?" comes up, like, everyday
Stirling
implying that people like things because it is good, and that likedness and quality are not separate
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Yrrzy
(Sep 7, 2017 at 1:17 AM)Spritanium Wrote: idk I kind of assumed that if people in his life are telling him over and over to watch something then it might be for a good reason

do you just have No personal tastes and watch whatever you're told is good?

like, most people like different things, something can be the best of its kind but if you don't like that kind of thing you're not gonna fucking like it
Spritanium
(Sep 7, 2017 at 4:52 AM)EH2 Wrote: My offline acquaintances object to pretty much all my reasons not to engage in the media they like. They think I'm posturing because they can't fathom someone who wants more from a show or a movie than dazzling effects, intricate action choreography, gore, sex, and violence - much less could they imagine someone that could be turned off by some of those.
I don't like these things either. Better Call Saul contains almost none of these things; it's an extremely slow paced drama focused on character relationships, something you might know if you tried watching things before assuming you will dislike them