Fun With Despair
While wandering around after work, I happened upon a place called "Trinity Park". Curious as to why this place deserved a name typically associated with Christian theology, I quickly entered the park and realized the truth behind its name.

[Image: 9xpDePCl.jpg]

it only has three fucking things in it

Now, despite this, I do actually like the old ass wood aesthetic of the place, and it fits well with the location, being kind of tucked away in a park that's hardly accessible besides from one path on one street.

[Image: e4e1NMwl.jpg]

It has a legitimate fuckin tire swing of all things, first of all, which is really weird. Honestly, I can appreciate the fact that they're going with the traditional method here, but there's only one of them in the entire playground, which kind of makes me think, but I'll address my theory on this place later on here.

[Image: wEMD8zRl.jpg]

It has this weird little thing over here that looks like a blend of a wood fort and a really fucking shitty short slide, which is honestly kind of pathetic.

[Image: Rxzzr7Rl.jpg]

Then it's got this thing over here, which is a combination of a climbing thing, a slide, and a fire pole. Now, looks are deceiving here because this thing is actually fucking tall. Seriously, climbing this is actually sort of fun, because those bigass ladders on the side are the only way up, and they're really tall. Combined with the slide and fire pole, this part of the thing is honestly interesting and makes getting back to the slide a lot of fun.

...Now, instead of presenting the score right away, I'm going to do something else here.

fwd's theory corner

[Image: 6RmLXGVl.jpg]

hello internet and welcome to playground theory, today we're gonna talk about trinity park

This place, being entirely wood and welded metal, to a much more crude extent than most other wooden playgrounds I've seen, makes me think. This little park is actually located in an area with almost entirely just backyards overlooking it, with hardly any other access points. I'm honestly almost thinking that this WASN'T a city funded project, and was actually just a personal thing that eventually became integrated.

This thing is crude, but it also looks OLD, like really fucking old, and I genuinely think that this small park was made as an independent project quite a while ago. Backing this up of course, is the fact that there's only one fucking swing, and that there's no meme wheel, a staple in most of those standardized city playgrounds.

THE VERDICT: 3/10

Being kind of hidden away, along with the ancient look, this place does have kind of a weird charm. In combination with the nice big slide area and the fact that it was likely an independent thing, I certainly like it more than Lafayette.

However, this does not excuse the fact that 2/3rds of it kind of fucking suck. Despite being rustic, the solo tire swing will leave groups disappointed, and that small slide blows dick.

All-in-all, I'll give it a 3. I wish it could have been more, but alas, it was not meant to be.
Draku
yeah there's no way that's official, not with a real-ass tire swing

aesthetic is really good but it looks like there just isn't much. however the theory makes that fairly excuseable, and in fact a personal made park for the sake of kids in a neighborhood is pretty bad ass on whoever collaborated into it's part. good shit
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Elyk
You say that one piece is tall, but exactly how tall is it?
Fun With Despair
(Sep 20, 2017 at 6:11 AM)Elyk Wrote: You say that one piece is tall, but exactly how tall is it?
I don't carry around yardsticks like some kind of psychopath but I'll put it around just over 10 feet maybe?
Elyk
(Sep 20, 2017 at 6:15 AM)Fun With Despair Wrote:
(Sep 20, 2017 at 6:11 AM)Elyk Wrote: You say that one piece is tall, but exactly how tall is it?
I don't carry around yardsticks like some kind of psychopath but I'll put it around just over 10 feet maybe?

Wow that's much taller than I was expecting, even based off of the image.