DAY 8.5: General Electric Transportation

Elyk
You might not expect it, but right in the center of this campus is a playground. I have passed by this thing several times and not really paid it any attention, and for good reason, until today. Since most people that would have access to this playground are adults, I can only assume this was built with adults in mind. What do you think of when you think of "adult playground"? Certainly not this crap.

[Image: LeHpPG1.jpg]

Yeah, that's it. That's the entire playground. They hardly put in any effort. Underneath it is just normal grass. There isn't any variety to it. The picture is kind of blurry since I couldn't be assed to get out of my car to take a better one, but you can see that some of the posts are beveled while others are not. What's the deal with that? Why only do some? I can confirm that they are not broken, just styled differently for no reason.

Now what about the functional aspect? The tall bar on the left is about 8 ft or so, the shorter ones on the left are only 4 ft. Since they are just bars, you cannot really do much with them. The most entertainment you could get is swinging back and forth between the taller ones while pretending to be Tarzan. The lower bars are basically useless for anyone that isn't a hobbit. I considered maybe using them as a balance beam but the material the bar is made out of is too slippery.

THE VERDICT: 0/10
No selfie once again.

Just awful. I originally assumed that this was some sort of sculpture when I first saw it, but the fact that during lunch breaks you can find one or two people out there doing pull ups while wearing short gym shorts smashes that theory. I was about to score it a 1, but Lafayette Park earned that and this is in its own League of Shit.

EDIT: After posting this thread I got a Gold Minus Ball containing a “I Really Wish I Weren’t Here Right Now” Button! which is really fitting for this playground.
Draku
What a fucking shitshow. A disgrace to playgrounds everywhere. Even wooden stuff thrown together by some parents is better than this.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Fun With Despair
this is not only a shitty playground, but they managed to make even monkeybars, the most piss simple playground feature, completely ass

fucking christ, guys
Yrrzy
might be one of those tiny outdoor gyms