Fun With Despair
Today's playground is a rather strange one, if I am being perfectly honest. Up until this point, all the playgrounds we've seen have been relatively compact, but this one is not so. Instead of being one or two structures, this shit is absolutely spread out within a small area in a fucking amazing park. It's one of the nicest walking places I've found in this city honestly, but I suppose we're not here to talk about such things at all.

No, instead, I'm all about the playgrounds.

[Image: a7e4Pzol.jpg]

Instead of one big playground, this one is, as I said, spread out. There are 3 different terraces in the area, with each level having its own shit. Because of this, I can't be just taking a big all-encompassing picture of the thing, so I'll be doing it in segments. Let's start with the "ground floor".

[Image: 8wAoxEel.jpg]

I would like to start out by saying that I have no fucking idea what this thing is. I guess you can climb on it and it looks cool, but that genuinely seems to be the entire depth of thing. Beyond that, it just kind of sits there. Would probably be a fun fort in the winter for snowball fights though.

[Image: dOsCAm1l.jpg]
[Image: 4APcc8il.jpg]

So, here we have these two things. Upon first glance, the green ring thing looks completely fucking worthless, but it's actually cool as balls. When you grab the handles, or step on the little outcrops, the thing shifts along the metal ring accordingly, leaning to the right or left. This actually makes it kind of a neat take on a seesaw/monkeybars hybrid, and I imagine it would be a lot of fun to bounce back and forth with a friend.

Then there's the swings, which are average enough. Good amount of them though, gotta say.

[Image: FMVbbDPl.jpg]

To the left and down some steps, there's this little section of the playground next.

[Image: QlVe6tvl.jpg]

The swings here are fucking trash. There's the baby diaper swing, and some kind of restraining chair one that seems to fit a grown man, albeit one mentally and physically incapable of a normal swing. While I find it useless myself, I have to give credit to the designers for thinking of Gato before they built their swing set.

[Image: OgLzKBpl.jpg]
[Image: nP7u8gSl.jpg]

The actual "playground" over here can be seen in the pic way up there, but it's just a simple series of tubes mostly. There IS however the fucking revenge of the meme wheel, back to haunt me after a shocking absence. This one even has a seat, for those especially dedicated meme wheelers.

Oh, and the slide is shit. There's not enough of an angle on this one to really gather any speed so you just kind of scoot along.

[Image: 6hf8AlAl.jpg]
[Image: x1G5J39l.jpg]

Now this thing, this took me by surprise. I was baffled at the contraption seen in the first picture, but like the weird ring monkeybar seesaw, this one is cool. Basically, spinning this metal bar thing moves the cart along the rail, which is something I haven't actually seen in a playground before at all. I imagine this could be used for riding, or for various forms of roleplay. Good shit.

There's also this little spinning ball maze laid into the wall, which is a much more creative diversion than tic-tac-toe or another meme wheel.

[Image: 7iYkfb6l.jpg]
[Image: fB1qGf1l.jpg]

Lastly, up these stairs is the more traditional playground of the lot.

[Image: 5xOMU2El.jpg]
[Image: sggzD22l.jpg]

There are two main ways to get onto the playground, both of which are good fun. This climbing wall is pretty high, with the rope attached making it a viable climbing method compared to the usual ones. The plastic rope ladder is also surprisingly wobbly, which made getting up a lot of fun, almost like a modernization of an old wooden playground, instead of a simplification.

[Image: RLti5UPl.jpg]
[Image: zcIioLil.jpg]

There's not much on top of the actual playground unfortunately, besides a fucking gong for some reason. It makes a nice sound, but there's nothing to hit it with besides your fists, so I'm not sure how effective this is.

The slide however, is probably going to take the top spot of all the slides featured thus far. GREAT slide in every way, however the little doorway leading to it is pretty small. I'm thin so I managed to get in just fine, but I can't guarantee that anyone even a little bigger is going to be able to use this slide at all.

THE VERDICT: 8/10

[Image: Erz3AIPl.jpg]

Not going to lie, this place does have some problems, and it's not that big in terms of structure size, however I do think that it's one of the best ones I have visited so far solely based on how many moving parts and bursts of creativity there are. This playground probably boasts the highest amount of unique features out of any so far, which is cool, and the actual layout is interesting and nice even if you're not playing on it yourself.

I do wish it didn't resort to pulling out the fucking meme wheel again, but ultimately this place has a lot of unique reasons to visit, even if it's not perfect.
Pea
what's your stance on water attractions? my park's playground has a bunch of water sprayers to play in
Draku
woah what the fuck that rail ride thing is awesome, i've never seen something like that on a playground before. great fuckin shit right here, seems very high quality

that fucking chair swing though what in hell
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
EH2
I've checked a few of these posts and boy I'm not really used to seeing playgrounds like these, what the hell
Fun With Despair
(Sep 22, 2017 at 4:34 AM)Pea Wrote: what's your stance on water attractions? my park's playground has a bunch of water sprayers to play in
They're a positive thing on hot summer days, but if they're left on the fall, may god have mercy on your fuckin soul and physical resistence to hypothermia bros
sealelement
woAH THAT RAIL RIDE LOOKS SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y HAVENT I SEEN SOMETHIN LIKE THAT BEFORE
100% pure gamer 100%