Fun With Despair
Well, it appears we may have reached the end of our journey together. Let's have one last go.

Lakeview Park is a place like five minutes from my work, so I headed over before catching the bus home, because I figured that I couldn't fucking end it on the worst one. Perhaps curiously, while there IS a lake somewhat near Lakeview, from no point IN Lakeview can you actually view said lake, which really makes you fuckin think.

[Image: jGQeL2Pl.jpg]

I was actually surprised when I approached this one, because it's another one of the rare wooden playgrounds, this time probably the biggest one out of them. It also incorporates metal in there as well, making this one sort of a weird hybrid, fusion park. To quote a great scholar known simply as Zelma, "that one spy game with the gekko is lit"

Maybe that's the wrong quote. Either way, so far so good.

[Image: NM99oKXl.jpg]

Then you get this weird fuckin thing off to the side. It just holds three tire swings and looks like a retarded tree. Why it's in that shape, I have no idea, when the typical swing design is usually good enough, but I guess maybe it just gives more room for 360 swinging? Looking ugly aside, it does do that much well, and each tire was certifiably wasp-free, which is rad.

[Image: HG9uid9l.jpg]
[Image: vAf8zerl.jpg]

While there are some of those metal tube climbing things that I am neglecting to show (They are all boring), there are also a few means of getting on the playground that keep in line with the wooden playground design philosophy, including a big wobbly ladder. The gaps between the rungs are actually pretty big on this one, so it provides some level of challenge to prospective climbers.

[Image: DMchCvil.jpg]
[Image: 4mnRnvdl.jpg]

...Well, I don't know what I expected.

Going onto the park by taking the main ramp, of course we have a fucking meme wheel right off the bat, but also another one of those talking message tube things. The other end pops up at the other side of the playground, but again I'm a fucking loser so when I yelled into it, the only thing I received in return was deep existential dread.

No wasps though, get fucked kyle

[Image: Ye5jbQ1l.jpg]
[Image: GZUmAkAl.jpg]

Aw SHIT boys, we've got two wobbly bridges. Actually, the ONLY type of bridge here is the wobbly kind, an INCREDIBLY daring move on the creator's part, but also a ton of fun to get across. The addition of these as the only travel method makes this place feel like a half-obstacle course actually, something that I personally really enjoyed, because it's far more interesting than just normal plastic-ass bridges like all these places have these days.

[Image: LGnabnGl.jpg]
[Image: 9aWB9itl.jpg]
[Image: BjoTEKql.jpg]

Ah, the slides. Typically, I prefer metal slides to plastic slides, as you USUALLY get more speed, but that ain't the case here. These are all great fun, and notably, the swirly slide doesn't cuck you by slowing you down if you have long legs because of them hitting the edge. Instead, it's rounded enough that the issue doesn't really pop up, something DEEPLY appreciated by most of the human populace.

THE VERDICT: 9/10

[Image: ixxvwd2l.jpg]

I am a total sucker for wooden playgrounds, and obvious meme wheel aside, this one actually has nothing really wrong with it. It's a decent size, it's got enough little things to fuck around on, a fairly nice, if retarded looking tire swing, and just generally a kind of interesting design overall. I refrain from giving this one a 10 largely because it's nothing mindblowing at all, but it's the kind of playground I would have LOVED to have around my neighborhood when I was a kid.

...I guess that's that then, huh.

I guess it's been two weeks. Two weeks of daily playground reviews. It's been fun, it's been fuckin gay, but through it all, I'd like to thank you, my faithful readers, for sticking with this saga. Without your support, this brand of investigative journalism never would have taken off, and for your support, I am truly grateful.

Until next time, keep on meme wheelin'
Draku
glad it ended on a good note, what a saga

wobbly bridges saved the day
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Elyk
I can't believe the madman actually did it all.
sealelement
cool park!!!!!!!! this one actually looks like a lot of fun

Quote:while there IS a lake somewhat near Lakeview, from no point IN Lakeview can you actually view said lake, which really makes you fuckin think.
Mind Blown

Quote:To quote a great scholar known simply as Zelma, "that one spy game with the gekko is lit"
i fell out of my chair
100% pure gamer 100%
Draku
(Sep 25, 2017 at 4:12 AM)Fun With Despair Wrote: Until next time, keep on meme wheelin'
[Image: hb6j4iE.png]
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Shroomguy
Fantastic content
The Beef Baron