how do peopel feel about the current meta

God
what is needeD? what is good about it atm? do we need to buff/nerf any chars? any maps that need revamping?
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
T-man
Puddin is OP as fuck, needs a nerf bad.
Two_Finger
Ultra Cooldown with the metaUltra Cool
Yoshin
Lurkers need a buff bad
God
maybe we should implement Overwatch-style ultimate abilities
God
i think if we nerfed all fighters that have anime characters in their profile picture with a 50% reduction in EXP given to them from any source, the meta would be in a good place
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Pea
what about giving them more support stats (i just want to be relevant in something)
Yrrzy
the meta is stale we really need a rework

i like how the off-season's been tho, maybe we can bring some of these strats in full-time
Beako
(Aug 21, 2016 at 11:20 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: i think if we nerfed all fighters that have anime characters in their profile picture with a 50% reduction in EXP given to them from any source, the meta would be in a good place
Shroomguy
Been playing lurker and shit sucks. You gotta build up to it by NOT lurking, then you can cast a couple middle of the road spells.
The Beef Baron
Spritanium
(Aug 22, 2016 at 6:33 PM)Shroomguy Wrote: Been playing lurker and shit sucks. You gotta build up to it by NOT lurking, then you can cast a couple middle of the road spells.

Once we actually implement the classes I think Lurkers will gain EXP by NOT posting
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Stirling
if you are not serious there may be riots
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
God
(Aug 22, 2016 at 3:51 AM)Puddin Wrote:
(Aug 21, 2016 at 11:20 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: i think if we nerfed all fighters that have anime characters in their profile picture with a 50% reduction in EXP given to them from any source, the meta would be in a good place

i'm afraid this video doesn't work on iOS so your counter has whiffed. merked
God
I think in Season 2 we need to increase the scale of the levels. I've noticed a lot of players associate themselves with their level. I've heard people say "I'm a Level 2 poster" or "I'm a Level 3 poster", and I think this detracts away from the posting experience. We don't want people feeling bad when they use a spell that puts them back to Level 1, or feel that they can't post in a topic that's full of Level 3 or Level 4 posters because they're only Level 2. So I propose we change the Levels to seven tiers going from Bronze to Grandmaster like so:

Bronze: 1 to 1,499
Silver: 1, 500 to 1,999
Gold: 2,000 to 2,499
Platinum: 2,500 to 2,999
Diamond: 3,000 to 3,499
Master: 3,500 to 3,999
Grandmaster: 4,000 to 5,000

I've noticed that a lot of players tend to stick at Level 4 and then don't log in for the rest of the season to stay in the Top 10 Highest EXP Posters. Because of this, we should introduce a decay for members at or above Diamond level. After a week of inactivity, their EXP will decay a lot. We're not asking players to post every day of their lives, just that they should be logging in for a little while every week. To adjust for the new system, everyone's current EXP points should be multiplied by 10.
Spritanium
I don't really think tiers are any different from numbers

I also don't think people will feel bad ever since levels literally do nothing apart from epeen

I like the decay idea though
[Image: supercorrect.png]
God
looks like someone doesn't play overwatch

[Image: Weeaboo.jpg]
Stirling
good sh*tposting facey proving once again why you are the head admin of the shadow adm*n*strat*on
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Draku
(Aug 23, 2016 at 2:02 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: I think in Season 2 we need to increase the scale of the levels. I've noticed a lot of players associate themselves with their level. I've heard people say "I'm a Level 2 poster" or "I'm a Level 3 poster", and I think this detracts away from the posting experience. We don't want people feeling bad when they use a spell that puts them back to Level 1, or feel that they can't post in a topic that's full of Level 3 or Level 4 posters because they're only Level 2. So I propose we change the Levels to seven tiers going from Bronze to Grandmaster like so:

Bronze: 1 to 1,499
Silver: 1, 500 to 1,999
Gold: 2,000 to 2,499
Platinum: 2,500 to 2,999
Diamond: 3,000 to 3,499
Master: 3,500 to 3,999
Grandmaster: 4,000 to 5,000

I've noticed that a lot of players tend to stick at Level 4 and then don't log in for the rest of the season to stay in the Top 10 Highest EXP Posters. Because of this, we should introduce a decay for members at or above Diamond level. After a week of inactivity, their EXP will decay a lot. We're not asking players to post every day of their lives, just that they should be logging in for a little while every week. To adjust for the new system, everyone's current EXP points should be multiplied by 10.
golden user titles confirmed
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
kaZaam
decay is unironically a gud idea though
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
T-man
I don't think there's really anything wrong with the leveling system we have now. Number levels are near universally understood, I don't see the benefit in making the system more obtuse.