Another Phone Loses the Headphone Jack

Briraka
i agree with spritey about how it's not much to worry about here and now with this only effecting high-end phones, but it's worth considering the effect this will have in the future. after all, society is very pervasive with how it's technology progresses, so i can see headphone jacks getting phased out in favor of bluetooth and how this would limit the average consumers headphone options if they have to pay extra just because they prefer the cord.
Draku
(Oct 5, 2017 at 7:01 PM)Briraka Wrote: i agree with spritey about how it's not much to worry about here and now with this only effecting high-end phones, but it's worth considering the effect this will have in the future. after all, society is very pervasive with how it's technology progresses, so i can see headphone jacks getting phased out in favor of bluetooth and how this would limit the average consumers headphone options if they have to pay extra just because they prefer the cord.
this

when more and more phones have had enough r&d time to react to the new trend, you can bet your ass headphone jacks are going to disappear all because apple got away with it.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Pedigree
then when the headphone jack goes

so will standard headphones

all that will be left is bluetooth
Mario
(Oct 5, 2017 at 7:11 PM)Pedigree Wrote: then when the headphone jack goes

LOL
Yrrzy
hey guys check out my new product its a phoneless phone
Mario
(Oct 5, 2017 at 7:18 PM)Yrrzy Wrote: hey guys check out my new product its a phoneless phone

Apple already has that, it's called the ipod touch
Briraka
(Oct 5, 2017 at 7:11 PM)Pedigree Wrote: then when the headphone jack goes

tfw you have bluetooth headphones on and you're banging your head to the music and everyone thinks it's some real hardcore shit.

and then the signal gets interrupted and now your phone is blaring out the emerald hill 2-player theme.
Fun With Despair
As someone who works with phones, Samsung will very likely always keep their headphone jacks at least.

Samsung basically sells itself solely as "the android equivalent to apple except we keep all that shit in our phones apple cucked you out of"

Headphone jack, expandable memory, etc. There was ONE generation they got rid of SD cards but then they realized that shit fucking sells so they threw it back in.
Mario
Samsung always has impressive hardware they just jack themselves off with their god awful shitty software
Fun With Despair
you just gotta root that shit yo

actually in truth, their calendar app is much better than default google calendar, and I use the stylus features on my Note

but fuck their launcher, nova launcher or bust
Anyone else here just because they were surprised that there's s a topic with 5 pages on page 1?
Yrrzy
when i see a multi-page thread i always assume page 1 was made like a year ago

i was fucking astonished by this thread
Spooks?
Well hey, come on. I see this as a positive thing!

Think about it, most music is real bad, and without a means of listening, you reduce your risk of auditory suffering by at least 100%!

Sounds like a pretty good deal if you ask me.
EH2
(Oct 5, 2017 at 11:22 PM)Yrrzy Wrote: when i see a multi-page thread i always assume page 1 was made like a year ago

i was fucking astonished by this thread

I DELIVER THE GOODS
Pedigree
Sudo's really good at making controversial threads
EH2
God, who would've imagined phones would be fucking controversial of all things

I'm not even done mourning the modular phone and the tech industry keeps taking the pieces of my heart and shattering each of them in smaller chunks
Agastya
is it ok to punch phones without headphone jacks
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Spritanium
(Oct 6, 2017 at 3:40 PM)Agastya Wrote: is it ok to punch phones without headphone jacks

Probably not, because for some reason the most expensive phones are also made of the most fragile materials
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
fuck that reminds me that they brought back the classic nokia. now you too can have an indestructible telephone. i hope they make a flip phone cuz i might be down with it
Spritanium
(Oct 6, 2017 at 4:50 PM)Mario Wrote: fuck that reminds me that they brought back the classic nokia. now you too can have an indestructible telephone. i hope they make a flip phone cuz i might be down with it

> standby battery lasts over a month

God damn I remember when charging my cheapass phone used to be a weekly thing, I have no idea why people aren't pissed that an "all day battery" is a selling point now
[Image: supercorrect.png]