T-man
Once upon a time, Imgur had an upload button on their mobile site. However, before showing the upload page an ad would appear and beg you to download their mobile app, featuring a totally quirky corgi in a space helmet. This ad asserted that uploading with the app was faster and more convenient. This was total bullshit as uploading from your mobile browser is plenty fast and is only being made inconvenient by this ad.

So I wrote to their customer service pointing out just that. Shortly after, they replied with some non-answer and in the following weeks opted to remove the upload button entirely from their mobile site; they replaced it with a button that just says "App." What a bunch of sneaky fuckers! So now I'd have no choice but to get the app right? Fuck no.

[Image: safari-request-desktop-site-2.png]

Fuck Imgur, what is the best non-normiefied image hosting service that doesn't go down every few hours?
Draku
(Oct 5, 2017 at 6:58 PM)T-man Wrote: Fuck Imgur, what is the best non-normiefied image hosting service that doesn't go down every few hours?
i would say mixtape but they've started nuking files at complete random every hour so not anymore!

tinypic is a pain in the ass to use especially on a phone

fucking rip good options.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yrrzy
imgur sucks but its still by far the best option unfortunately
Pedigree
there are no good image hosts

I guess you could use google drive or dropbox if you absolutely had to but idk
kaZaam
ibb.co seems alright. havent tried it with mobile yet tho but i cant imagine its mcuh different
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Fun With Despair
i hear that exhentai is what the cool kids use now
T-man
(Oct 5, 2017 at 7:12 PM)Yrrzy Wrote: imgur sucks but its still by far the best option unfortunately
(Oct 5, 2017 at 7:13 PM)Pedigree Wrote: there are no good image hosts

I guess they went the way of the message board...
kaZaam
imgur's just going the way a lot of other shitty mobile sites are going where they cant consistently make you to look at 50 ads on it so they force you to use an app you dont need. the last thing we should do is tolerate it
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Pedigree
at least they're not making you use multiple apps for functions that can be combined into one app

here's looking at you youtube, facebook, playstation
T-man
(Oct 5, 2017 at 10:27 PM)Pedigree Wrote: at least they're not making you use multiple apps for functions that can be combined into one app

here's looking at you youtube

Wait, huh? What functionality is locked behind an additional app? YouTube Kids?
Draku
youtube music probably
Pedigree
the studio app is what I'm referring to
Spritanium
imgur was so good until they decided to build an entire social network around fucking image hosting

Great idea for the success of the site, horrible idea for people who actually used the site for its primary function
Spritanium
And now there's a whole community of "imgurians" who think reddit is stealing their content even though imgur was created as an image host for reddit specifically
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Spooks?
Personally, Photobucket is my host of choice.
Mario
do you just need the app to upload on mobile or do you need an account too? i was really confused by it the first time i tried to upload an image on mobile.

at least with discord you can upload directly to it lol
Mario
can discord be used as an image host??
Draku
(Oct 6, 2017 at 6:45 PM)Monokuma Wrote: Personally, Photobucket is my host of choice.
photobucket fucking blows
Spooks?
(Oct 6, 2017 at 8:04 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Oct 6, 2017 at 6:45 PM)Monokuma Wrote: Personally, Photobucket is my host of choice.
photobucket fucking blows
I think it's time to put yourself back in that locker!