what do regular-ass pirates have to do with halloween?

Briraka
[Image: 12731681?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg]

when i think of halloween, usually the kind of spooks i think of have some sort of supernatural or science-fiction twist to them, so i have to ask: when did pirates become associated with the holiday? i know that there's supernatural things in pirate stories, but why the regular old swashbuckler?Hmm...
Elyk
big cinema likes to perpetuate the pirates are scary meme
Spritanium
I'm a regular ass pirate
[Image: supercorrect.png]
EH2
well briraka, I'm no longer surprised

because now people use halloween as an excuse for cosplaying whatever they fucking want when the usual is spooks and monsters only, final destination

but hey, back in the old days the treats were harvest goods, not industrialized junk food
Spritanium
Anyway I think halloween over the past few decades has become more about dressing up as whatever you want regardless of the Fear Factor

And pirates are just an easy costume unless you want to be the actual pirate captain
Briraka
(Oct 7, 2017 at 12:10 AM)Spritanium Wrote: And pirates are just an easy costume unless you want to be the actual pirate captain

a man with ragged pants, no shirt, and an eyepatch is roaming the streets on halloween night. a stranger walks up to him and says, "hey dude, nice pirate costume!"

and then the man replies, "wtf no, i'm homeless."
Dude
well pirates ARE the bogeymen of the entertainment industry......
God
when i go to the Minus World Discord Halloween Party im going to dress up as myself and all the pussy ass posters who don't know the True Meaning of halloween are gonna piss their pants and leave the chat because they can't handle an actual Spooky. and besides, Halloween is the only day of the year where I can cast spells without people throwing strange looks at me. It reminds me of that one time I cursed one of my teachers at university for saying some dumb shit about trannies and then he died lmao.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Spritanium
Can you teach me the death curse
DrTapeworm
pirates have skeletons on the inside
[Image: dinogunz.png]
God
(Oct 8, 2017 at 4:11 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Can you teach me the death curse

everyone is born with the ability to use it. i think that why ppl die coz babies jus use it all the time without noticing. but anyway i wudnt recomennd doing it without the proprr precautions because u only really jus killing urself / tying yourself to mortality. i had to pay a hefty price to the frog king to take out my adversary and it p much wasnt worth the effort. but if u rly want to re-learn how to use the death curse then i would advise talking to a tree spirit and asking them about the ritual of severing people's celestial umbilical cords
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Mario
I love the "so easy a baby can do it, and they do, all the time." really grim to think about
Spritanium
Will I go to heck if I do this and I'm not a baby

or will my pacifier fool the frog king