Yoshin
Oh yeah theres gonna be spoilers in all of these
(someone autoplay me with seikan hikou)

First you should know Frontier is a part of the Macross franchise. So theres gonna be transforming mechs and idols, which is great.
Lets start with the bigger flaw of this the main character, Alto.
Holy fuck for one he's just retarded. So many in show conflicts are just because of how fucking dumb he is. Secondly he's just not a great pilot. He's getting lost, crashing, getting hit all the damn time.
Next we have Sheryl. She's an idol character in 2008 so you can probably guess that she's been sexualized but, but but but. Her entire character is just "entitled bitch with tits" there's no complexity or deeper character she's just there to sell figures. Like a so:
[Image: 16035.jpg]
Annoyingly she's one of the major 3 characters. And her songs suck.

Next we have Ranka. She's actually a good character. Admirable goal of being just like her inspiration, good design, somehow likes the shitstain that is Alto. She's somehow the "little queen" because she was born with alien bugs or some shit. It was dumb. There's also a commentary in there about the music industry and how she and Sheryl just tools for corporations to make money, felt very out of place and really just seemed like they needed to make Sheryl DO SOMETHING so they shoved it in.
Also a thing, Ranka is voiced by Nakajima Megumi, who went on after Frontier to be pretty famous and well off. HOWEVER she also voices the vocaloid GUMI and well
here is GUMI AND here is Ranka
You take Ranka, you shove on some tits and make her taller and bam you got GUMI
really creative vocaloid character.

Oh yeah the plot of Frontier is stupid as shit, there's these big alien bugs thats attacking the frontier(big space coloney), Ranka is trying to be a big idol, Sheryl is doing whatever the fuck who cares she doesnt matter really. Being stuck in 2008 ofcourse all the side characters are walking tropes. The dogfights are all shit and bland and just not interesting to watch since it boils down to plane mechs shooting bugs, not so great.

Doujin of the Day
Happy Style! 3
Fans of the Yuyushiki series should know about Mel, also known as MeltyPot. This is the third in his Happy Style! series where Yui, Yukari and Yuzu have lewd lesbian sex. This one is based off the annoying Nyannyanshiki special, so they're all cats. The first 7 pages have a Yukari focus, which is quite nice. Yuzu grabs her tail at a point and man oh man that kinda stuff gets me every time. Eventually the focus moves to Yui which honestly I'm not a fan of, I wish the doujin stayed focusing on Yukari.
Link to Doujin
Draku
(Oct 9, 2017 at 4:49 AM)Diantha Wrote: the annoying Nyannyanshiki special
Fuc Kyou
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Aidan
i really wish frontier was better
good macross again when
Yoshin
(Oct 9, 2017 at 4:51 AM)Draku Wrote:
(Oct 9, 2017 at 4:49 AM)Diantha Wrote: the annoying Nyannyanshiki special
Fuc Kyou

just for you day 3 will be a Nyannyanshiki rant
Yoshin
(Oct 9, 2017 at 4:51 AM)Aidan Wrote: i really wish frontier was better
good macross again when

delta was better then frontier
but thats not saying much
hopefully macross 2018 is good
EH2
How can you tell if Macross 2018 will be any good:

Step 1.- Open the staff list
Step 2.- Check if "Kawamori Shoji" is listed
If he's absent: Enjoy new Macross
If he's present: Don't bother going in, it'll be shit
Yoshin
the frontier movies are decent tier
delta movie should be good
I have hopes
EH2
Also Sheryl is pretty much Britney Spears as an anime character
Yoshin
(Oct 9, 2017 at 5:33 AM)EH2 Wrote: Also Sheryl is pretty much Britney Spears as an anime character

how dare you degrade Britney to that level
EH2
I didn't

Kawamori did
EH2
also: can Kanno Yoko write all the pop songs ever please
Draku
hi
[Image: s2n7oi.png]