Poll: How should user information for reactions be handled?

Anonymous (Hide user information)
33.33%
Public (Show who gave each reaction)
11.11%
Optional (Setting in User CP to react anonymously, public by default)
55.56%
Total: 9 vote(s)
Spritanium
This is an issue that was raised on Slack. Should it be possible to see who reacted to your posts, or would keeping it anonymous be more fun in the long run?

I'm not really leaning either way. It would be nice to see who reacted how, but @rtsmarty makes a good point that just because information is available doesn't mean it needs to be shown. If all else fails we can launch with anonymous reactions, and wait to see if our real users complain about it.
Spritanium
I'm actually glad I made this poll because otherwise I wouldn't have realized how awful polls look right now
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
[deleted]
Draku
i say make 'em all public, i don't see any reason to hide it
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
Question: is the "Total: 100%" at the bottom of polls 100% unnecessary?
Mario
[deleted]
Draku
(Apr 28, 2016 at 10:21 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Question: is the "Total: 100%" at the bottom of polls 100% unnecessary?
yes, it doesnt help that the formatting for it is so ugly
Spritanium
(Apr 28, 2016 at 10:27 PM)wtl Wrote: it depends, is there any way for it to be more or less than 100%? maybe with multi-option polls?

I'm not sure, but I can't find any way to make a poll more complicated so I think it's okay to let the 100% be implied
T-man
To me, being able to see who reacted how is unnecessary. I can't really poke any holes in displaying that information, it just seems like something better left anonymous.
rtsmarty
[Image: U8gnoZo.png]
What the fuck m8
rtsmarty
(May 8, 2016 at 8:53 AM)toucan Wrote: I'm thinking anonymous or optional but what if someone pulls a stunt like I did in the OP where they react with every emotion? I did it for the sake of example.
This is semi-fixed now, 2 reactions + Good Sh*t per post.

Semi fixed because it doesn't stop it looking like you can react more than twice, they just don't get added to the database

Also doesn't stop it looking bad and bleeding into the post when there are lots
Spritanium
I don't really have a problem with letting people add a million reactions that just don't get saved, but it might be considered a little messy. I can fix it in the JS I bet.
Draku
(May 8, 2016 at 5:01 PM)toucan Wrote: By the way, how do I make the reaction smiley box go away? It floats there forever until i refresh the page.
HELP ITS FLOODING INTO THE REPLY BOX IM ABOUT TO H
fucker5
I'm down with the third option. It would make more sense to have anonymity be on a post-by-post basis, but that may be inconvenient
fucker5
If we're not able to react to our own posts then I want some sort of class branch or ability that allows you to publicly do so btw. I love being a tool and liking my own posts on social media
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
public. reactions should just be considered another type of post
Spritanium
(May 22, 2016 at 9:40 PM)McPhresh Wrote: public. reactions should just be considered another type of post

They're not though, they're an alternative to posting

I think keeping them secret adds a whole new guessing element I never thought about before. It also lets you dish out beef without taking any back.
T-man
Yeah, I've enjoyed wondering about reactions. Telling users who reactions are from seems unnecessarily social mediaeaque
kaZaam
what kinda passive-aggressive bullspit beef would that be even?. like it's not even beef at that point

and noshit it's an alt to posting that's what i said you damgus. buut i think you should take responsibility for the shit you give. like why not outside of [fab goes here]mystery[fab over] like people aren't just gonna ask and waste forum space anyway if they wanna know