[Line Break Podcast] DAY 1: Knowing what a br tag is, or how to use the line break.

Pea
Good morning, good evening, good, uh... good god.

Seems like I have to do this now. Welcome to the official Line Break Podcast, where I talk about the wonders of the internet's most (definitely) popular HTML tag, the line break. Also known as the <br/> tag, this will let you break a line whether it is mid-sentence or at the end of a paragraph, the latter being its most popular use. The sky's the limit on what you can do! I think it's important to share the little things in life that makes things better and the br tag is one of those things. So let's embark on a journey to discover the wonders of the br tag...

Today's gonna be boring and simple, but trust me, I'm warming you guys up on this. I've got lots in store for you. For now, let's appreciate the basic use of the line break.

Here's an example:

My uncle Wrote:Today's playground actually looks pretty sweet. It has one of those rubber tire swings and it works pretty well. Let's go look at the structures and see what they behold, I bet the slides are go
ah fuck another meme wheel

As you can see, the message is really clear as to what my uncle has conveyed in his message: he was reviewing a playground, when suddenly... DISASTER STRIKES! A circular contraption has appeared before his very eyes. The line break has given that last sentence much more importance now that it has its own line in the essay. Imagine if the <br/> tag didn't exist, the written work would look a lot more different:

Definitely my uncle, please don't ask me about this Wrote:Today's playground actually looks pretty sweet. It has one of those rubber tire swings and it works pretty well. Let's go look at the structures and see what they behold, I bet the slides are goah fuck another meme wheel

There's not even a space inbetween the unfinished word and the ever-so-important sentence!

It goes to show how important space needs to be implemented when writing things. The line break is an easy remedy to the question/problem of "How do I let the reader know when to expect the punchline?" which is space. Space is good, take good care of it.

Now if I hear any of you FUCKERS say to use \n, I will have you IN COURT for crimes against humanity, treason and also blasphemy. Do NOT use \n. I repeat: Do. NOT. USE. \n, to insert space in your literary work. It is a thing voldemort did once and it also killed my family twice already. It is not something to joke about, I am very serious about this. I have the admins on my side so don't fucking try me.

So, let's all get along! We have two weeks of amazing knowledge to look forward to. I'll see you next time when we get to see someone get stabbed with the pointy end of the <br/> tag. Those things are sharp, I swear.
Spritanium
They call me the p tag bandit and I'm here to say that if you have to make a paragraph, a line break's not the way

BR is great for poems and non-semantic gaps, but when dividing up your content, don't fall for BR's traps
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Pea
i will not tolerate BR shunning like this
Spritanium
The public deserves to know the truth

In html5 you don't even have to close p tags, making them just as convenient as br, but you don't have to use it twice in a row Evil
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
yeah p tag is more useful generally