Aidan
this was the first result on doujin style so let's go

the game is called derella no densetsu, or legend of derella in bitchspeak
[Image: qWAJ04p.jpg]
i forgot to take a screen of the title screen so here's theres
like most doujin games you can see a startling amount of originality right from the get go. bet you've never seen a logo with an upside down triangle in it fuckers
also notable: anime girls. idk if these are from a show or something. i can confirm none of them are from gurren lagann, and given that i don't really give a shit where they came from

[Image: nWnCRd9.png]
first thing you gotta do in a doujin game is check the key config, which is in an entirely separate .exe and can not be changed or checked mid-game. this game detected my arcade stick right away, which surprised the fuck out of me because most of these japanese PC games struggle to implement things like fullscreen and graphics, let alone controller support. the button mappings suck dick but oh well. more on that later.

[Image: aYxZi5b.png]
the game starts with a bunch of assholes talking. as you can there's 22 boxes of this shit and there's no animation. that little picture of trees and shit doesn't even show up until like box 15. i'll be fucked if i know what they're saying but they're probably just trying to figure out which side to eat a coronet from so i'm not too choked

[Image: F4XiQSV.png]
game starts and wow it's fucking link to the past. there's no diagonal movement which makes me extremely angry and miserable. the house on the left had a shop in it but my waifu was flat broke after her idol career tanked and her family disowned her so that's useless. the other house was a satanist church or something idk

[Image: NyWYlxS.png]
a few screens over and fuck we're already fighting a slime. i guess at this point, 15 seconds into actual gameplay, the entire team had run completely out of original ideas.
your girl shoots carrots as a weapon and the range on them could be charitably described as "fucking nothing." at the very least you can auto fire them but i didn't figure that out until halfway though the first dungeon.
it's difficult to convey in screenshots but the overworld of this game is a lot like zelda 1 in that it's a giant aimless maze with a million forking paths leading to dead ends and shit you aren't ready for yet. suffice to say i went the wrong way more than once

[Image: Je9U8EW.png]
they make you wander around shooting slimes for a couple more screens before you get into the dungeon. these assets look pretty much stolen but i don't feel like fact checking that. here's a mushroom, i think he's pretty much the same as a slime but slightly more HP i guess.
this is a good time to mention the gigantic meter taking up half the screen near the top. it fills when you kill enemies, and now that it's turned yellow i can use it. i didn't figure out how to use it for like 10 more minutes though. it's just one of the buttons

[Image: 7QLXsaM.png]
speaking of buttons this is what happens when you press the pause button. there's a bunch of stats i guess? idk i really didn't pay attention to that. i was interested to see what looks like a shitton more playable characters. this intrigued me because i was desperate for a weapon less stupid than carrots.
the pause button was mapped to circle on my controller fsr. there's literally only four buttons in the game and they couldn't figure out how to set one to be Start

[Image: o9sW1oP.png]
this is the special attack you get if you spend the meter. it makes a light show explode out of your character. i'm not sure if it actually damages enemies but it made one of them drop a heart so that's nice, especially considering you start out with ONE. hits only do half a heart tho so it's not completely unmanageable

[Image: sOV47eo.png]
one room up i find this other chick. optimal play would allow you to save this girl right now, but i made a wrong turn at the very beginning of the dungeon and had to backtrack to, like, the third screen to get another key.

[Image: EjL0WKF.png]
her weapon is mushrooms. they explode on a delay timer, making them completely useless in actual combat against moving targets. i stuck with the carrot girl

[Image: n1wlwJ4.png]
her special makes another heathen sigil appear. this one gives you coins when it hits an enemy, which is also much less useful than what the main girl has.
also yes, the mushrooms do blow up cracked walls. i guess if you're going to steal you better not half-ass it

[Image: DtH8RNb.png]
this room is actually pretty good level design. the boss key is in that chest, but you can only access it by backtracking a bit and blowing up a wall. showing you the chest and cracked wall here helps incompetent children like myself remember that there was shit they missed earlier. thanks, whoever made this game

[Image: vewD0Hn.png]
the boss of this level is just a big mushroom. he moves left and right and shoots slow-moving projectiles, one or two at a time. it's extremely obnoxious to fight him because you have to move horizontally to not get shot, but aim up to actually deal damage. he also has a fuckton of health so yeah i died here

overall this game is pretty good if you've never played a zelda game before. i might come back to it someday idk. this gets 3/5 reimus
[Image: MfjVzwo.png]
Pea
this is an idolmaster fangame
sealelement
THIS IS !!!!!!! SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: every piece of commentary in the OP is now 100% idolmaster canon
100% pure gamer 100%
Aidan
lol fuck i can't believe i just guessed she was an idol
Pea
you guessed chiaki's dick so you guess a lot of things unfortunately right
Mario
nice, a zelda fan game. will have to check this one out
Draku
hi
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Two_Finger
silly if he's moving back and forth left and right that's a perfect time to use the mushrooms
Aidan
(Oct 17, 2017 at 5:37 AM)Two_Finger Wrote: silly if he's moving back and forth left and right that's a perfect time to use the mushrooms
i tried that but her dumb idol ass was too slow to get out the way and only like 1/3 mushrooms actually hit
plus he can aim his bitch bullets horizontally so if you move next to him you're putting yourself between a rock and a mushroom asshole (metaphorically speaking)
T-man
where is the gratuitous fucking