Mario
gonna try and go through the places I already know about fast so I can search for new places to post about. Hopefully Other Members join in on posting communities cuz im sure my Google techniques aren't as powerful as others, and maybe some of you are part of interesting forums??? who knows.

Anyway, next up is the one I probably should have kicked off with. Many of you know about it already, but it deserves it's place here.

[Image: 2qsbe6x.png]

I'm not really sure what the name means at all, but knowing the owner, it's probably some deep sports lore. The owner of the board is none other than the legend himself, VinnyVideo.

The lore of this board isn't too complicated. Back in 2010-ish, my arch nemesis Sean launched his self-built forum software. It was unique at the time as he made it rely on AJAX as much as possible- so the board is always 'live' when you have it open, threads you're reading will get the replies as they happen and so on. And there's no endless scrolling bs cuz this was launched before people decided to put that in everything ever (another ajax fourm software Discourse even advertises it as a major feature- for some reason???). In addition to a pretty nice forum there's also the Shoutbox / chatbox at the top of the board (which lots of forums had in some forum back in the day) which also updates live, and most unique is a built in IM system where you can get in touch with any member online right away. Unfortunately development of this software ceased, but it still works pretty well and you can still host a forum ad-free for free today with it. At some point I shared the software on the Minus World and VinnyVideo checked it out and loved it... enough to host a community on it to this day.

I'm not really sure how to describe the community other than maybe an extremely Lite version of MFGG. There's no deep lore, there's only a handful of members, but board structure is around the same and the head admin is the same dude. There's game dev, arts, general chat, a PPP like board, and an archive board. It's a pretty reasonable selection. That in mind, it's not very active at all- VinnyVideo doesn't advertise it much, but it's slow paced environment has its own charm. Generally people seem to respect each other on the board which isn't what I'm used to on forums Online, but I guess if you're not dealing with people Every Day it's easy to just log off and forget about anything that happens there enough to keep being friendly with everyone. The most notable posters are Vinny who uses it kind of like a personal blog and the member 1 who uses it to share what they've done with hardware modifications.

Anyway there's not too much else to say. I can't think of any threads I'd put in a hall of fame. It's just kind of there doing its thing. Maybe not the place for career posters like me but a relatively simple hangout board especially for people used to the MFGG format of things running on an abandoned forum software.
Elyk
Can you give it a score out of 10?
Aidan
looking at this forum feels like wandering into someone's family dinner and just watching them talk
will i be arrested for this
Mario
(Oct 9, 2017 at 11:29 PM)Elyk Wrote: Can you give it a score out of 10?

No

(Oct 9, 2017 at 11:34 PM)Aidan Wrote: looking at this forum feels like wandering into someone's family dinner and just watching them talk
will i be arrested for this

LOL thats the perfect description of it, damn