Mario
I don't really think it even has any good uses. yes line breaks can be useful, but line breaks more often than not are used specifically for paragraph breaks, where the fuckin PARAGRAPH tag is most useful. If you need a non-paragraph break, a horizontal rule makes way more sense, like so:

[/hr]

How useful is a single line break??????????????????????????? not really. it also makes your content harder to parse with shit like jquery since istead of your shit being in a container its fuckin off jerking off its own thing separated by br's for no reason.

It's a good tag for beginners to learn cuz its easy to put on a page and see what it does, so it has its purpose there. but once you get into building real sites and css you can give it a fucking rest.
Spritanium
Shots fired
Spritanium
<br> is good when you need a line break at a specific point inside a span or paragraph, not a thematic change but just a visual break; it's one of those tags that basically breaks the "html is for content, css is for style" rule but is kind of unavoidable in the 2 or 3 instances where it actually makes sense to use it
[Image: supercorrect.png]
EH2
That's nice and everything, but you know what's much more interesting than fucking HTML?

GOOMBAS

I've always loved these little fuckers. They're cute, they're everywhere, and they're cute everywhere. They're the basic enemy, alright, but the Mario series wouldn't be the same without it. They're even so famous that they appear in other games, like Zelda: Link's Awakening, and they're even happy to be featured in the game!

[Image: LOZLA_Goomba.png]

Look! Look how happy they are!

Anyway they're the best, 10/10, @Yrrzy check it out
Pea
im having a relapse
Spritanium
While we're complaining about html can I just say that I don't understand why <ul> and <ol> both have to be a thing?

I get that an <ol> is supposed to be used when the order of the list is important, but are they assuming that a <ul> is just going to be randomly sorted? fuck no, it just displays in the order you tell it to, because why wouldn't it

That coupled with the fact that I can add numbers to a <ul> anyway, makes <ol> pretty much pointless
Spritanium
CSS is much worse than HTML though

It took like 20 years to be able to vertically center something
Aidan
CSS is the worst shit ever holy fuck
i have a friend who was thinking of getting into web dev and he just started learning about css
that dream is now dead
Spritanium
It's generally not that bad but some things about it are just ridiculously stupid

And the whole cascading nature of the language tends to lead to over-specific selectors and `!important`s just to get things to fucking work
Aidan
Yeah and then you try it in a different browser and it breaks entirely
Spritanium
Luckily that's not much of an issue these days unless you want to use really cutting-edge stuff

When I started learning CSS you still had to worry about IE6 Oh God No
Mario
yeah I'm glad browsers evolve pretty quickly now, all the ones that don't are more-or-less dead or at least have reasonable fallbacks at this point
Mario
gonna bump this for my EX CHallenge @Yrrzy. fuck the BR Tag!!!!!