Mario
Last time I brought you a community that did the MFGG thing and split off it's community and focused only on the Business side of things. While that's one way a community can end, others end up completely closing down. This is the tale of one of those communities...

[Image: 9j0vp3.jpg]

For whatever reason, there's a ton of small Nintendo based communities. One fell into my lap at one point and it was fun, but eventually we wanted to Expand so we sought out other communities like us. This was one of them. Nintendo Rocket had a pretty solid member base of around 20-30 members, decent activity, and just the plain weird cast of members you'd expect from a Nintendo forum. If you want to know more about their lore, they had a wiki for some reason???. But the basic idea was they were around from 2008 to 2015. Not many forums get to leave an Eternal Tombstone like they have, but luckily their board closed message covers everything. Rest In Peace Nintendo Rocket.

Anyway, they link to two other communities in their closed message. Are they still around???? I guess they're worth investigating for my Quest To Find The Mirror Forum.
Tune in next time, True Believers
Aidan
Quote:Sections
- Members
- Characters
- Memes
- Games
- Mascots
Holy fuck
What a wiki
Spritanium
I don't understand the point of closing a board if it's going to remain online

It's like "hey we still have all the code and the entire database hosted for this site, but you can't look at it"
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
while it’s true being based on a Free Host means your site can stay up Forever with no cost to you I think some communities really do reach their end where no one wants to really keep them together. Yeah it could be put into archive mode but honestly some posts shouldn’t see the light of day after their time. Plus it can provide proper closure, which I think is the responsible thing to do if you run a place.