anyone got any good anti-surveillance anti-corporate software/apps they use?

God
i don't really use any except adblock. i use Chrome but i don't like the idea of Google snooping on my activity (them removing Palestine from gmaps made me a bit too suspicious of them), so I'm looking to change it out for something else.

how does minus world keep the Big Bad out. i'm sure there's some very high-levelled Tin Hats using this forum
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Yrrzy
personally idgaf what they know about my activity cause its just data to them, its completely impersonal
Pea
when you mean adblock you mean adblock plus? try ublock its much more anti-corporate
God
(Aug 24, 2016 at 7:20 PM)Yrr Wrote: personally idgaf what they know about my activity cause its just data to them, its completely impersonal

it's impersonal until it isn't.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
AWFADragNaut
It's never really bothered me to be honest. What I do on my computer and my internet habits in general I wouldn't really say I care if anyone got a hold of. Internet history, browsing history, messages, everything. Anything that no one needs to know isn't on the internet in the first place.
kaZaam
(Aug 24, 2016 at 7:20 PM)Yrr Wrote: personally idgaf what they know about my activity cause its just data to them, its completely impersonal

if it wasn't somehow personal idt they would gather it in the first place

these app markets n these devices are sustained by pro-surveillance, pro-corporate enterprises in general so idk. break ur phone?? lmao
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Stirling
use ublock origin

i have given up on erasing my data so far; if someone wants to know that what i posted on any social media 5/3/2013 they can
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Mario
[deleted]
Mario
[deleted]
T-man
(Aug 24, 2016 at 9:45 PM)wtl Wrote: good site in general for this kind of stuff

* uBlock Origin is the best option for ad blocking
* run GNU+Linux or another Free Software OS

* dont use facebook
* dont use a smart phone
They can have my data, I'm never shitting without the internet again.
Mario
[deleted]
Spritanium
(Aug 24, 2016 at 7:50 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote:

it's impersonal until it isn't.

At that point I'll start caring lol
[Image: supercorrect.png]
kaZaam
the point is by then it'll be too late
T-man
(Aug 24, 2016 at 7:32 PM)Pea Wrote: when you mean adblock you mean adblock plus? try ublock its much more anti-corporate

thanks for the recommendation my man
trying it out as we speak
Yoshin
ublock orgin and noscript are it for me
aside from that I could care less
I mean I use gmail so I can't get any less secure
T-man
(Aug 24, 2016 at 11:54 PM)Yoshin Wrote: ublock orgin and noscript are it for me

I've never dabbled in NoScript, what does it do and why should be using it?
Spritanium
(Aug 24, 2016 at 11:46 PM)Kazaam Wrote: the point is by then it'll be too late

Ok but how does me being paranoid about javascript end up giving anyone more freedom

Isn't that just pushing the problem away on an individual basis while it still continues to get worse
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
(Aug 24, 2016 at 11:58 PM)T-man Wrote:
(Aug 24, 2016 at 11:54 PM)Yoshin Wrote: ublock orgin and noscript are it for me

I've never dabbled in NoScript, what does it do and why should be using it?
blocks scripts from individual webpages and adds some other security safeguards to prevent cross-site scripting and such

idea being you won't be hit by drive-by shit embedded into sites at the cost of having to go and enable scripts for pages that don't work without them (settings save so this is mostly a one-time thing for all the sites you commonly visit and then a minor inconvenience later). it makes browsing a hell of a lot safer in general as you can even go to shady sites and the like with relative impunity unless you let them run crap.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
kaZaam
(Aug 25, 2016 at 12:03 AM)Spritanium Wrote:
(Aug 24, 2016 at 11:46 PM)Kazaam Wrote: the point is by then it'll be too late

Ok but how does me being paranoid about javascript end up giving anyone more freedom

Isn't that just pushing the problem away on an individual basis while it still continues to get worse

it tells these enterprises that you dont want to be watched and will resist it. i guess in a collective sense it should be seen as setting an example. not sure how complacency is a better option anyway
kaZaam
lmao i like how im now defending a stance im pessimistic af about

i guess what i'm really getting @ is that trying to rationalize complacency to organizations you dont trust is dumb. i mean a lot of ppl do it to some extent (p much everyone in this thread including me) like we know these enterprises are Shady but we continue to give them money & support cause they make Cool Stuff but idk imo not caring is never a better option to even the smallest resistance