Mario
Hope you got 10 bucks.

I don't but I know enough where I can write a bit about it.

I've ran into many people who have posted here in the past for some awful reason and all of them have expressed that it just brings out the worst in forums. My impression of them is its kind of like early 4chan where people were like "this is where smart people go to pretend to be dumb!!!" except something awful thinks "this is where good people go to pretend to be bad!!!" except theyre all actually bad. The owner, Lowtax, is a great example of this behavior, so I guess he's the most fit to be the leader of it LOL I'd describe it as Liberalism.

There's a few things worth mentioning though,

they have a pretty cool system for smilies- you can pay to have yours added and people generally add pretty funny ones. Its free to look at and steam em too so.

Apparently its a big place for let's plays?? or was? idk which. I've read a few that were hosted on here at one point and they can be fun.

The website Something Awful is generally agreed to be Worse Than The Forums but afaik its basically a 'best of' of the forums so idk, maybe they have a relationship with their site like MFGG used to have with its site where the forum hated the site lol. Either way I think it's a smart system- turn community content into Articles and build up your site; this makes the forums seem interesting and Maybe Those 10 Bux Are Worth It (spoilers: they aren't).

They run stuff like this 7 Essential Games Nintendo Forgot To Put On The SNES Classic which you might get a chuckle or two out of every now and then, but its not really anything special. I'd rather just read Cracked.

Another thing they do (or used to do) is the Weekend Web,where they'd go "review" communities on the web and take screenshots and make snarky comments. If you were hoping Community World would be this, Sorry But You Suck. I'm only here for Good Wholesome Quests to find the Mirror Forum.

anyway i guess that's all I have to say about something awful. Overall I'd say its the kind of community you can learn a lot from how they run things but that doesn't make it a good place to stay with.
Pea
i have an account that dates back from 2012 when danganronpa was a thing, but i registered for a friend and i so we can post our let's play there.
Mario
you could post your lets plays here instead
Pea
we tried before, go check the archives
Mario
No. If it's not good for the minus world, it's just not good
God
(Oct 15, 2017 at 5:52 AM)Mario Wrote: No. If it's not good for the minus world, it's just not good

LOL
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
sealelement
to be honest i don't mind something awful's mainsite articles sometimes; they're pretty wildly hit or miss though

a lot of cool internet people i follow came out of somethingawful's let's play stuff like the retsupurae guys, so i don't think it's all that bad. but you are right, something awful can be pretty nasty otherwise.

also i'm glad your series here isn't like those something awful website reviews, which are usually pretty terrible to be honest. keep up the good content posting!!!!!!!!
100% pure gamer 100%
Mario
I def know cool people who once posted there as well. I also know someone who mocking her became such a big community joke she was even in some Something Awful Fighting Game concept.

Overall I'd say it's a Bad Place and it breeds Bad Behavior, but in spite of that there's a lot we can learn from it and maybe work towards something better. I think a lot of people feel the same way, maybe just because they spent so much time on it when they were younger (much like many of us feel about MFGG LOL), or maybe because there really is some cool stuff there that is unfortunately tied to the Awful
T-man
so is this a forum where i can talk about how much i hate neogaf
Mario
yeah
Spritanium
Something Awful is where marble hornets became popular, they did some ARG-ish viral marketing before it really took off
[Image: supercorrect.png]