Fuck Symphogear GX, Part 12: Where's Miku?

Draku
PART 12: WHY DID THEY DITCH THE MOST IMPORTANT NON-GEAR CHARACTER

This is a short one and not as well structured or reasoned but I think it's important to touch on and I need to fill one more day space before I can get to what I want to finish off with in two parts. So Miku is Hibiki (the main protagonist)'s best friend, and factors heavily into how Bikkie operates as a character, providing her with much needed support when she's troubled or hurt. A major conflict of Season 1 involves her and Hibiki's relationship becoming strained, and the two wind up in conflict again in Season 2 thanks to Miku feeling powerless in the face of Hibiki's plights. So, what's Miku's big role in GX? Being Top Dad's sponsor. Other than one other scene where she gets to talk stuff out with Hibiki, that's literally it. Miku doesn't do a god damned thing other than tell Hibiki to make up with her dad. Repeatedly. Even when she knows it's a bad idea to.

[Image: af7wD5c.jpg]
This is getting used again because it itself is not all right.

I realize that giving screentime to her is a little difficult with 7 Gears, Elfnein, and the villains and such to focus on, but it's not like they gave the villains any meaningful... anything, and they didn't know what to do with the Gears either. But part of why Hibiki comes off as so shit is because she relies heavily on Miku's guidance, and Miku's guidance this season is trash because she's mind controlled by the writing into thinking Top Dad is clearly the best person ever and also Hibiki needs to respect whoever gave her that catchphrase! It's also strange that someone who was so key in the prior two seasons gets dropped off entirely outside of a total of 3 or 4 scenes in an entire season.

[Image: gPq9QPC.jpg]
The one time Hibiki gets to be a badass in this season (before the moment gets ruined seconds later by being forced to lose by the plot).

The other scene I mentioned is when Hibiki is being an ultimate shit and reliving her already long-resolved conflict about fighting other people instead of talking with them, and Miku talks some common sense to her while Hibiki is unable to save her dearest friend despite Miku being ABOUT TO FUCKING DIE. We have a nice scene between the two that involves Hibiki carrying Miku in her arms after rescuing her, and it's one of the few redeeming bits of GX for Hibiki period, even if she had to be an utter shitter to get there. We could have had plenty more even if they wanted to have Hibiki continue to be shit, because Miku will naturally snap her out of it as she always does. Except when she's out of character because muh dads.

Fuck Symphogear GX.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]