Has anyone ever played any IRL RPGs?

God
im talking like dujngeouns and fdraogns and variants and spinoffs like cyberpunk 2060 and shyt like that. i wanna play it but also i kinda wanna start a game with queer folkz and women coz i think the RPG scene can be a bit intimidating for them. anyway, whats peoples experencines with this sor=t of thinkg?
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Aidan
one time me and my friends wanted to play dungeons and dragons but we didn't want to spend time getting d20s or rulebooks or making characters or learning how to play so we took two dice out of the monopoly board and found an example adventure online and basically winged it
it was a lot of fun. i think it would've been way worse if we played the game properly tbh
Draku
(Aug 31, 2016 at 12:31 AM)BlasterMaster Wrote: one time me and my friends wanted to play dungeons and dragons but we didn't want to spend time getting d20s or rulebooks or making characters or learning how to play so we took two dice out of the monopoly board and found an example adventure online and basically winged it
it was a lot of fun. i think it would've been way worse if we played the game properly tbh
Lockers Of Leviathans
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Stirling
yes, i'm a player and gm in the past

currently in a dungeon world campaign where we are gonna prob wrap up so i can do a JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE one

also i was planning on doing a jovian chronicles set in the original gundam's setting, and take it from the reigns

i've played dnd 3.5, 4.0, 5.0, and pathfinder and generally enjoy the system but it is a bit complicated

fate is a really good system that can be hacked (modified) for like any setting that the rules don't easily implement, such as my friend's brother who did supernatural american civil war; the dude also did us a pretty good warhammer 40k spess meraine

i've also ran a cascade failure and i like that system a good bit

if you want to do online, roll20 (from my town of living) is a great resource with d i s c o r d o
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
God
yeah ive heard that roll20 and discord is a good way to do it. there's also a local group that play every week near where i live so i gotta try and go down to it. i get a little intimidated by it all tho so maybe ill try it online first
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Yrrzy
i played Eclipse Phase once over the internet

cool transhumanist sci-fi tabletop but requires like 3 spreadsheets to play
Draku
roll20 is honestly a better solution than tabletopping in person, its Damn Good
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
kaZaam
one time i beat up my cousin w a nerf sword in the woods fcuk you it counts
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Shroomguy
I've been playing D&D or some other tabletop every Sunday for several years now, and the experience has been nothing but positive.

I have a million stories and great memories. We play via maptools (Or when I DM I use Roll20) and almost everyone has taken a crack at being a Game Master at one point. I think it's a great way to have fun and really explore all sorts of different genres.

Shadowrun was a really memorable one for us, heh. It's very rules heavy though.

My advice: Go for it. Wing it if you don't know the rules. Make everyone feel as welcome as possible.
The Beef Baron
Stirling
oh god i hated shadowrun

rulebooks are fucking garbage; you essentially have to have a previous rule book edition to understand things

Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
God
would anyone here be interested in starting a minus world D&D group? might be a good way to learn how to play / teach players if you already know
Stirling
Hella I'll do like a one-shot or a short campaign.

Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Two_Finger
I've always wanted to try
Shroomguy
Certainly could arrange something, depending on what edition people wanna play.
The Beef Baron
i want to die
(Aug 31, 2016 at 12:38 AM)StirlADrei Wrote: currently in a dungeon world campaign where we are gonna prob wrap up so i can do a JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE one

never thought id see another person who knew what dungeon world was, neat

also mentioning 40k, any thoughts on dark heresy?
God
great, we have people interested! so... i know it was my idea to set up the D&D group but i don't actually know what the best way of doing that is lol... i guess we need someone experienced to volunteer as a GM?
God
Oops Sorry, I Meant DM..............
Stirling
yeah i can; maybe we can use the discord sever for minus world? https://discord.gg/udKHG

do people want to do 3.5e, pathfinder (which is like 3.5e fully compatible), 4.0e, or 5.0e?

i played dark heresy a while ago and i had fun, but i don't remember if it is because of the people alone or the game sessions in general

Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
God
i wouldn't mind doing d&d for the first game but i'm indifferent to which version we use (i dont know the pros and cons of each)
God
(Sep 1, 2016 at 8:23 PM)StirlADrei Wrote: yeah i can; maybe we can use the discord sever for minus world? https://discord.gg/udKHG

can you reinvite me to that? the link has expired