Syaxamaphone
Shit's giving my antivirus an aneurysm every time I load a page here. From now on I'm banning all pomf images. Failure to comply will result in death and also a salty spell if I've got the EX for it.

ITT better image hosts
[Image: NZRK1uk.gif]
Draku
pomf sux for more reasons than that. muh loadtimes

i wish mixtape didnt randomly delete shit.

imgur is ~officially~ banned for avatar and sig use but im not actually going to stop anyone from using it (but i kind of wish people would)

tinypic is reliable enough for av/sig use
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Dude
borrowed web space from a friend or bust
Yrrzy
yea i keep getting antivirus alerts every single page load on mw
Pedigree
Enough people have problems with pomf images that it's probably time to outright ban it, to be honest.
Pea
im pretty sure i switched to mixtape on my av/sig images

edit yes i did
Kabuto
yee my antivirus busts a nut anytime i come here which has contributed to me not being on the forum as much as i'd like to be
[Image: Bandit_-_russian_dancing.gif]
Yoshin
you guys know you can set an exception for pomf.cat in your antivirus
T-man
(Nov 28, 2017 at 5:05 AM)Diantha Wrote: you guys know you can set an exception for pomf.cat in your antivirus
This is what I ended up doing but I doubt the antivirus is freaking out for no reason. I don't think anyone on Minus World would do something nefarious but Shrug

Syaxamaphone Wrote:ITT better image hosts
I learned from my thread bitching about imgur that there literally aren't any. Maybe MW should be an image host.
EH2
pomf.cat is pretty much inaccessible in my entire fucking state so fuck pomf no matter what
Draku
(Nov 28, 2017 at 5:44 AM)T-man Wrote: This is what I ended up doing but I doubt the antivirus is freaking out for no reason. I don't think anyone on Minus World would do something nefarious but Shrug
It is actually. Pomf is marked as malicious because it got used for a few malicious files in the past, like any all-encompassing host eventually would.

Images on it aren't compromised but the entire domain is marked as a false positive on a lot of AVs because of what some people have used it for.
Yoshin
you can upload virus filled images to imgur just fine
any site with file uploads can get full of viruses
T-man
(Nov 28, 2017 at 6:01 AM)Diantha Wrote: you can upload virus filled images to imgur just fine
any site with file uploads can get full of viruses
like this

[Image: Nq8Y6b6.jpg]
Aidan
whatever happened to that asshole anyway
T-man
(Nov 28, 2017 at 6:23 AM)Aidan Wrote: whatever happened to that asshole anyway
probably grew up and became an astronaut
Two_Finger
fixed it
Syaxamaphone

>mfw Minus World loads three times as fast as imgur

MW invents their own image host when???
[Image: NZRK1uk.gif]
Agastya
shitty-ass fuckin phpbb2 forums let you upload your own avatars to them!!!!! cant believe minus world is that primitive...........
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Draku
we could probably have avatar uploading with a strict filesize limit, just i worry about the amount of storage we have available sometimes
T-man
If storage is a concern then fuck it, it’s no biggie.