MW Speedrun Contest - Werewolf Quest

Yrrzy
Minus World Speedrun Contest
Or, "Minus World Self-Congratulatory Speedrun Circlejerk"

Rules

With the voting stage over, it's time for us to start speedrunning!
The rules are simple; record yourself beating the game as fast as possible, with a timer visible. Fastest time wins!

Post your recordings or links to twitch vods here, and feel free to post links to streams if you intend to stream your attempts!
You can post multiple attempts here and I'd love to see some back and forthing of times or peoples own personal progression.

(Invite your friends too, the more the merrier)

Contest ends on the 12th of March.

If you're new to speedrunning, I have compiled some links and explanations of the tools and methods here: https://minus.world/showthread.php?tid=3637

The Game

You voted for Werewolf Quest; a shortish platformer/brawler/metroidvania I made in 3 days in 2015.

Game: Werewolf Quest
Author: Yrrzy
Download: https://gamejolt.com/games/werewolf-quest/88443 (mirror)
Time Estimate: 6 Minutes
Rules:
Time starts on New Game.
Time ends when final cutscene text box appears.
Versions 0.1.1, 0.1.2 and 0.1.3 are all allowed as the only [known] differences are controls and audio and a credits bug.

Game Tips

Almost all the combat in the game can be ignored; if you have enough moon power it can be quicker to just tank the hit and keep going.
If your moon power is in the red, you won't jump high enough to progress or be able to uppercut, try to have enough to tank the necessary hits while still retaining your full jump height.

Uppercuts, the third hit in a combo, will deal double damage.

Jumping skulls will always knock you back, so it can be worth punching them once and running through.

Knight boss is only vulnerable during his attack animation, but you can get a full combo in during it.

The projectiles the cloak guys throw at you can be punched to destroy them.

If you hit the Lich with his red orb while he's still in the cast animation, he will skip his alternate attack phase and shoot an orb next too.
It's a tight timing window that needs you to be fairly close to him when you hit the orb.

The third zone sucks and I'm sorry.

Alpha Wolf is the easiest boss in the game.
His slash attack won't connect if you stand still as it's designed to bait you into running into it.
He has no vulnerable state like Knight, instead you can attack him at literally any point where his attack won't hit you first.
You can juggle him for his entire healthbar.
However he won't Die until he leaves his stun animation so you can actually keep him alive by juggling him infinitely. So uh, don't do that.
Yrrzy

Here's an early attempt with a lot of mistakes and resets, with every boss being done on a slow cycle.
Two_Finger

I restart once at the start and I fucked up with the time at the end but this is my best one
there were a bunch of runs where I did everything super smoothly but then fucked up really hard so I reset lol
Yrrzy
two finger wins btw lol
Aidan
is shitposting a speedrun?
Yrrzy
if it is then play this version instead

or watch FWD play it
You
(Mar 15, 2018 at 7:40 PM)Aidan Wrote: is shitposting a speedrun?

lmao good run
Producer
(Mar 15, 2018 at 7:40 PM)Aidan Wrote: is shitposting a speedrun?
[Image: kkzECPF.png]