Atomic Shrine Maiden (greeno's music)

geno7
What is Atomic Shrine Maiden???????????? its the vehemently corny nomenclature for a music project by yours truly, named after an illustration by one of my favorite artists, but that's besides the point. the point is I make music

so what genre of music do I do, you may ask? I... dunno. I'm so ADHD about the type of music I feel like making that at this point ive just kinda stopped trying to focus on one genre and I just kinda make whatever I feel like making at that particular time I guess. Here's a sampler though:

-Some synthwave stuff: 80s style covers of the theme from Pacific Rim and Nuclear by Mike Oldfield. these are my most popular stuff mainly because they're really pandery. The latter song was even randomly used in a stream by Joel, something which I freaked the fuck out about. I still haven't gotten a chance to thank him for it, I hope I do someday. As far as actual original stuff goes, there's I Have Seen Dogs With More Style Than Men, the, I guess, "lead single" from an album I made a little bit ago. more on that later though.

-Sample-y stuff? I've been wanting to fuck around with more sample-layered Dust Brothers Hideki Naganuma type shit but I haven't really gotten into it too hardcore. there's What's It All About?, which is a little bit repetitive but that's kinda on purpose, I almost envisioned it as kind of a menu screen theme or something. There's also Riders, it was meant to be part of a collab that never got off the ground.

-More Rock-y Stuff Where I've Recorded Myself Actually Playing Guitar and Singing: ok I really like prog rock shit (I mean... look at my avatar) but I've only really attempted to fuck around with it recently. There's Clockwork Kingdom, which is a sort of combination of synthwavey stuff and a pastiche of bands like Yes and Genesis and Kansas. I need to rerecord a lot of it, the guitar is terribly recorded and I hit a lot of the harmonies flat. There's also Weapons Grade Woman, a track from a heavily Queen/Foxy Shazam-influenced glam rock album I was gonna do with my friends but that never really got off the ground. My friend did the piano intro and my other friend recorded the solo in the middle but everything else was me. The mixing is terrible but I'm impressed with how the overdubbed harmonies came out.

-Albums: with my attention span it's a marvel I was able to finish one album, let alone two, but here we are. One of them is called The 3D Album, a synthwave album that I think I could only describe as what would happen if Pink Floyd started doing 80s anime theme music. Featuring cover art by my really good friend jeto. The other one is a short album called The Bad Influences, a pastiche of garage punk that I did under the guise of it being a self-titled LP by a band called... well, The Bad Influences.

if you actually took the time to peruse all that shit thank you so much and if you wanna like, follow me you can go to my soundcloud (which is usually where my better stuff goes) or my tumblr blog (which is where like everything goes, even shitty WIPs)

I'll leave you off with this
[Image: fsMwICg.gif]
T-man
pretty tasty jams fam
geno7
wait shit I forgot there's also this track I finished yesterday that's really heavily frank zappa-influenced. ive been trying to make my compositions more... colorful
geno7
hey if anyone wants to pay me to make music for them ive opened up commissions
geno7
i did a punk song about stranger things
geno7
mini-song i banged out in 3 or 4 hours. trying to practice layered choir effects more, i wanted it to sound like Queen or something off of Sparks’ Indiscreet album
Shroomguy
oooo damn this is some good stuff. I might hit you up for a commission, honestly. Really like the theme Pacific Rim!
geno7
here is a song for an EP that im kindasorta working on thats uh…. totally different from a lot of the stuff ive done. i think i might call it “An Evening With Zeppo Moxy”?

shit though i worked hard on this, lemme just say. to date this song has the most ridiculously overproduced harmonies ive ever done which may have been why it took a million years longer than a usual song. thats not saying much for me but i really do need to give myself some credit once in a while.
geno7
[Image: tumblr_onjri1d0fb1uzo69uo1_500.png]

ARE YOU LIVING PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK? IS YOUR LIFE BLEAK AND MEANINGLESS?? DO YOU NEED WONDERFUL MUSIC IN YOUR EARS??

INTRODUCING “FREE MONEY”!

THIS ALL-NEW EP OF FUSION JAZZ MIDIS WAS HAND CRAFTED BY ATOMIC SHRINE MAIDEN HIMSELF, AND YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT ABSOLUTELY FREE RIGHT HERE!

BUT WAIT! THERE’S MORE!

FOR 3 EASY PAYMENTS OF 1.33, YOU CAN GET THE ALBUM HERE IN WHATEVER FORMAT YOU WISH, PLUS:

-EVERY TRACK IN MIDI FORMAT, AS IT WAS MEANT TO BE HEARD!
-3 BONUS TRACKS!
-A TEXT FILE OF LINER NOTES DETAILING VARIOUS FUN FACTS AND TIDBITS ABOUT THE ALBUM’S PRODUCTION!
-SPECIAL SURPRISE GOODIES!

DON’T WAIT ANOTHER MINUTE! STUFF YOUR EARHOLES WITH “FREE MONEY” TODAY!
geno7
[Image: QR2I9mG.png]

The long-awaited sequel to one of the hardest-backfiring april fools jokes in music history, The Bad Influences have finally returned with 55,768,598 samples of jaw-crunching, gut-punching, eye-poking garage punk rock potent enough to kill a large rodent, maybe two. If you've ever been out kicking puppies and robbing non-profit organizations and wished you had a soundtrack to go with it, Tommy Bad and the boys have you covered once again. click the album cover to listen
geno7
so a cool friend of mine who is a really amazing artist is currently doing a mecha comic called Go Titan X and I love it so I wrote a theme song for it
geno7
i did a lemon demon cover which i worked super hard on hhfnjnm