Shroomguy
I know it wasn't really a main idea or anything, but I still think it could be a neat concept.

You could challenge a member for like, 24 hours or something and whoever gets the most Good Sh*t or something wins? You could decide how much XP you wanna gamble or have it be a set amount.

OR you could have different tiers of duel. 5XP, 25XP, 100...all the way up to an all or nothing. Of course, it'd be based on whoever had the least amount of XP in that case. If you win a lot of high stakes duels or something you could get a badge. In this model you'd have a badge that says how many consecutive duels you've played in. That way, even if you don't win a lot of duels, you could still potentially get a badge.

I think this could really contribute to the meta and allow a higher level of skill here on MW.
The Beef Baron
geno7
that's kind of a cool idea
[Image: fsMwICg.gif]
T-man
duels are rock paper scissors matches
Spritanium
I like the time based idea in the OP, just pick an opponent and if they accept, whoever gets the most EXP in the next 24 hours gets the gold
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Elyk
(Sep 2, 2016 at 10:17 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I like the time based idea in the OP, just pick an opponent and if they accept, whoever gets the most EXP in the next 24 hours gets the gold

I like the RPS idea better. I think something like what's suggested in the OP would be too easy to exploit by telling a friend to click Good Sh*t and reactions on a lot of your posts.
God
(Sep 2, 2016 at 10:30 PM)Elyk Wrote:
(Sep 2, 2016 at 10:17 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I like the time based idea in the OP, just pick an opponent and if they accept, whoever gets the most EXP in the next 24 hours gets the gold

I like the RPS idea better. I think something like what's suggested in the OP would be too easy to exploit by telling a friend to click Good Sh*t and reactions on a lot of your posts.

i believe that's called playing the metagame
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
T-man
Maybe you can challenge people to different types of duels and we can have both
Spritanium
Yeah getting your friends to give you a bunch of EXP would just be part of the game. It doesn't make the clicks less legitimate

Donations shouldn't count though
Spritanium
Rock Paper Scissors is funny but in practice it takes something that could be strategic and super rewarding and makes it kind of anticlimactic.
T-man
(Sep 2, 2016 at 10:59 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Rock Paper Scissors is funny but in practice it takes something that could be strategic and super rewarding and makes it kind of anticlimactic.

Come on, Sprite. You and I both know presentation is everything.

[Image: ckVWmhI.png]

Tell me you don't want this.
T-man

and play this on the page
Spritanium
It's a great mockup, but it's still just luck instead of strategy

Maybe we could have a few types of duels to choose from like you mentioned
T-man
(Sep 2, 2016 at 11:20 PM)Spritanium Wrote: It's a great mockup, but it's still just luck instead of strategy

Maybe we could have a few types of duels to choose from like you mentioned

[Image: uHyq7Zj.png]
ill fuckin fite u
kaZaam
xp texas holdem, fund trhat shit
kaZaam
i guess thas more longterm than a duel should be tho. still would luv to see it
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Draku
mw restricted rock paper scissors

in reality, the multiple type option is probably best. i wanna play stupid games with other members for xp
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
[Image: mvTe95L.png]

you know you want it

We could keep track of duels won and lost too.

And how much EXP you've won from duels.
geno7
all this sounds really fun honestly id love it
[Image: fsMwICg.gif]
Elyk
I'm reminded of back like 10 years ago I was on a forum that had an entire arcade built into it. It was all flash versions of classic games like Snake, Breakout, Space Invaders, Pac-Man, etc. Each arcade game had its own high score table and there was another table showing overall high score across all of the games. If you were the top scorer on a game you had a badge for it displayed on your profile until somebody beat your high score and took the badge away.

It was a racing game forum and we used to play while waiting in between races. I just looked on google now and it seems to be dead so I can't post a link to show it.
Mario
[deleted]