Could I get a refresher on skill trees?

Shroomguy
I'm a bit confused about some of the lingo being thrown around. I know the obvious ones like lurked, and even heel makes some sense. But banyface? Never heard of it. Nevermind all the ones I'm not aware of.

I'm not even sure if this system is definitely going to be in place, but the vernacular would be nice to be aware of. Maybe it should go in the strategy guide? I'm not even sure how I'd tell what style I'm in. (If this needs to be moved to help please do)

Yours truly,
Steve "Shroomguy" ""Stivmin""
The Beef Baron
Spritanium
Classes are the planned feature. I think we're going with Babyface, Egotist, Wizard, Healer, Lurker

More info will be available when we get closer to that point
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
[deleted]
Spritanium
Yeah I liked the Heel name but some others on slack didn't think it spoke for itself. I'm fine with either

Here are the ideas I posted for posterity:

Quote:CIVILIAN
We all have to start somewhere. Users of the Civilian class have no special modifiers or abilities. Once you find your footing, you can move on to a class that aligns with your posting style - or who knows, maybe you like being a Civilian.

BABYFACE
Babyfaces gain power through their innocent outward appearance. They thrive by pleasing the crowd, and they rarely break the rules.

+ 2x EXP multiplier for receiving Good Sh*ts and Great Sh*ts
+ 10% cost reduction on Sweet Spells
- 1.5x cost increase on Salty Spells
- Receiving a ban resets your EXP

EGOTIST
Egotists gain notoriety through controversy. They feed on all sorts of crowd reactions, and it's easy for them to dominate in combat situations.

+ Users affected by your Spells receive no knockback EXP
+ 25 EXP for each reaction received, if the giver has also left a Good Sh*t on the same post
- 2x cost increase on Sweet Spells
- Cannot donate EXP to other users

HEALER
Healers can't stand to see weaker members be pushed around. Their perks are centered around helping the less fortunate.

+ Can reduce the remaining duration of a Salty Spell by half by spending 25% of that Spell's cost (own posts excluded)
+ Users affected by your Spells receive 2x knockback EXP
- 2x cost increase on Salty Spells
- Lose 50 EXP per week you go without "healing" a Salty Spell

WIZARD
Wizards are masters of Spells, and that's pretty much all there is to it.

+ 25% cost reduction on Spells
+ 2x multiplier on received knockback EXP
- 50% decrease in EXP earned from posts, reactions, and Good Sh*ts
- Lose 25 EXP each day you go without casting a Spell

LURKER
Lurkers don't really like to post as much as to silently observe. Their lack of contribution via posting gives them the ability to affect the game in unconventional ways.

+ Gain 1 EXP for each reaction or Good Sh*t left on another user's post
+ Gain 5 EXP for each thread you view (no daily repeats)
+ 50% cost decrease on all Spells
- Lose 2 EXP for each post you make
Spritanium
We need some better perks/drawbacks for Heel/Egotist because that class kind of sucks looking at it more
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
would you just choose ur own class or what
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
yea sounds rite
Draku
(Sep 4, 2016 at 11:24 PM)Spritanium Wrote: We need some better perks/drawbacks for Heel/Egotist because that class kind of sucks looking at it more
if anything i think that iteration is a bit strong, unless that's what you meant
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Elyk
25 exp for a single reaction is 25x what it currently is so that's kind of ridiculous unless you remove exp gain in other areas completely
Draku
(Sep 5, 2016 at 12:43 AM)Elyk Wrote: 25 exp for a single reaction is 25x what it currently is so that's kind of ridiculous unless you remove exp gain in other areas completely

yea exactly lol, and posts get a -lot- of reactions
kaZaam
(Sep 5, 2016 at 12:43 AM)Elyk Wrote: unless you remove exp gain in other areas completely
i actually like this idea
Two_Finger
as someone who reads every thread every post how would lurker really benefit me
also healer needs a massive buff
Draku
(Sep 5, 2016 at 3:27 AM)Two_Finger Wrote: as someone who reads every thread every post how would lurker really benefit me
also healer needs a massive buff
Yeah Healer looks like garbage atm. I get that it's meant to benefit others more than yourself, but bleeding XP for not healing spells is ehh. Should be an XP reward for cleaning up a certain amount of spells, so they don't get a full refund for what they spent, but they are incentivized without it being a penalty and it helps them fuel their ability.

Maybe make their good sh*ts/reactions give more XP to non-Egotists?
kaZaam
ya doc's got too much responsibility rn. either give the same kind of shit to other classes or just cut that last part off
God
not really seeing the point in the wizzard class
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Spritanium
The idea is basically to rack up tons of exp that gets taken away if you don't use it right away, could use some adjustments though
Agastya
when do healers get to promote to UNDERPAID BABYSITTERS
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
God
(Sep 5, 2016 at 8:16 AM)Spritanium Wrote: The idea is basically to rack up tons of exp that gets taken away if you don't use it right away, could use some adjustments though

yeah i see that but i don't really get what they bring to the metagame? it just looks like a severely nerfed version of the Cosmic Skill Branch.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED