Reduce the cost of each spell by 1% each time you use it.

God
as an incentive for players who constantly use Spells (big up, you all know who you are). this won't be a massive change (esp. for low-cost spells) but over time it will give decent discounts. i think if you use Frame That Sh*t ten times you deserve for it to cost ~270 XP
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Shroomguy
I think it'd be an interesting skill option. "Experienced Sorcerer"
The Beef Baron
God
i wonder how many times would you have to cast Feeling Fabulous to get it to cost 1 XP, assuming the real cost gets rounded to the nearest integer?

i.e. you cast it once for 25 XP, which discounts 0.25 XP, meaning the next time you cast it it still costs 25 XP, but the real cost is 24.75 XP, which discounts 0.2475 XP and so on
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Yrrzy
only if using other spells puts it back up, so you have to commit to a spell
God
(Sep 4, 2016 at 8:11 PM)Yrr Wrote: only if using other spells puts it back up, so you have to commit to a spell

that would be terrible for the metagame and would severely limit the skill ceiling for so many playstyles.
Yrrzy
yea but if it wasnt like that then spells would all be dirt cheap after a while on the site

just doesnt work from a balance perspective unless it resets/decays somehow
Spritanium
EXP has to be an integer ((int) is used for validation in the PHP)
[Image: supercorrect.png]
rtsmarty
i feel like this disadvantages new players too much
God
(Sep 4, 2016 at 8:17 PM)Yrr Wrote: yea but if it wasnt like that then spells would all be dirt cheap after a while on the site

just doesnt work from a balance perspective unless it resets/decays somehow

they're never going to become dirt cheap. and percentages are intrinsically decays; that's kinda the point of percentage-based modifications.
God
(Sep 4, 2016 at 8:19 PM)Spritanium Wrote: EXP has to be an integer ((int) is used for validation in the PHP)

idk anything about PHP but surely there's a way to round a value to the nearest integer?
Mario
[deleted]
God
(Sep 4, 2016 at 8:19 PM)rtsmarty Wrote: i feel like this disadvantages new players too much

if the global discount the playerbase has accrued is ever to the point where it noticeably affects the metagame (it won't), the XP cashback that skilled new players receive from more spells being cast will offset the fact that spells are very, very marginally more expensive for them.
kaZaam
sounds kool but yeah mayb there needs to be some kinda decay. mayb the discount should go down by %1 for ebery day or two it isn't used?? idk i think there needs to be some xtra responsibility involved for a perk like this
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
T-man
I don't know if this is something I'd want to be default, but I'm certainly not opposed to something like this once classes are implemented
God
(Sep 4, 2016 at 8:59 PM)Kazaam Wrote: sounds kool but yeah mayb there needs to be some kinda decay. mayb the discount should go down by %1 for ebery day or two it isn't used?? idk i think there needs to be some xtra responsibility involved for a perk like this

you mean the 1% discount should decay by 1% each day....?
God
(Sep 4, 2016 at 9:03 PM)T-man Wrote: I don't know if this is something I'd want to be default, but I'm certainly not opposed to something like this once classes are implemented

how do you envision it working once classes are implemented?
rtsmarty
(Sep 4, 2016 at 8:30 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: if the global discount the playerbase has accrued is ever to the point where it noticeably affects the metagame (it won't)
(Sep 4, 2016 at 8:30 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: spells are very, very marginally more expensive for them.

I dunno according to this it only takes about 69 uses of a spell for it to be 50% of the cost. I don't think that's "very very marginal" and I don't think that 69 uses is a particularly unreachable number either. As well, as time goes on the discounts of experienced members will only get better, giving them more chance to use the spell and bring the cost down even more, i.e. after 69 uses it costs 50%, so you can use it twice as often. If you then use the same amount of EXP again, the cost is just 1/8th of what it should be.

Whether this is offset in any other way (I don't think it is) is beside the point I think. It's just not a fair system.
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
(Sep 4, 2016 at 9:07 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote:
(Sep 4, 2016 at 8:59 PM)Kazaam Wrote: sounds kool but yeah mayb there needs to be some kinda decay. mayb the discount should go down by %1 for ebery day or two it isn't used?? idk i think there needs to be some xtra responsibility involved for a perk like this

you mean the 1% discount should decay by 1% each day....?

ya something like tthat. def needs more thought
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
rtsmarty
Thinking of implementation, it would be a lot simpler to have the discounts only valid for X amount of time, rather than having the discount decay by X amount per day.