New "No Fun Allowed" mode unlocked for Spells

Spritanium
If you don't like Spells due to silly concerns like accessibility and ease of use, you can now choose to disable them here: https://minus.world/spells.php?action=settings

The "disable" option will prevent you from casting or receiving Spells, but other people's will remain visible. The "hide" option will disable Spells AND hide them from view, so you can finally have the Uneventful Experience you always craved.
Spritanium
*Don't be offended by my wording im being facetious
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Agastya
[Image: 3cT25ru.png]

you broke it! i can't even be my own brand of jerk here!
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Spritanium
Apostrophes still don't work with autocorrect because no one has fixed it yet lol
Mario
[deleted]
Yrrzy
is there no way to only hide the post obscuring ones cause some of them are harmless
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
nahh i'd say all or nothing. either play the game or don't
kaZaam
only turning off post-obscuring ones sounds like a cheat
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Spritanium
Yep that's what I thought too.

If anything I'd have a "Sweet Only" mode where you can only receive Sweet Spells, but can't cast any Spells at all
kaZaam
hell nope

maybe as some kind of Special when we implement classes but rn just sounds like another cheat
Spritanium
Yeeeah Spells more or less became the point of MW, so people are honestly lucky to be able to disable them at all

There are plenty of boring forums out there to choose from Gonna Be Good
Spritanium
Anyway the idea is to give players a certain amount of influence over posts that aren't their own. Being able to inhibit the accessibility of someone's post using points you've earned through contribution is huge, and the fact that it bothers some people just means it works properly
kaZaam
(Sep 5, 2016 at 8:35 AM)Spritanium Wrote: The "disable" option will prevent you from casting or receiving Spells, but other people's will remain visible
wait so is this like Spell Invunerability cause idk if i like that either
God
tbf i think it's a necessary feature for some laptop users because a lot of the spells eat up CPU really quickly. Feeling Fabulous seems to be the biggest offender on my laptop. it would be neat if there was an option to just have it as a static background without the sparkles
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
kaZaam
sure. ppl should be able to turn spells off in general (and we def need some Lite versions for shitty computers/phones anyway) but Spell Invulnerability is str8 dumb. like if you're ok w seeing spells affect others then you should b ok with them affecting you.

Either Play The Game Or Don't
Spritanium
I don't think there's anything wrong with invulnerability since it disables casting too. It's basically a silent observer thing, I can get the appeal.

Lite versions of spells are definitely on the to-do list. Once I get that implemented I'll just add a checkbox to the spell settings. Could also take advantage of mobile detection
kaZaam
i get the appeal too cause it's a fucken cheat
Spritanium
Think of it like a football game or something,

Option 1 is for people who want to play the game

Option 2 is for people who like watching the game but have no interest in playing. They're not cheating, because they're not part of the game at all

Option 3 is for people who got dragged to the stadium and spend the whole time checking out the food court because they don't give a shit about football
kaZaam
w/ a system like this imo you should leave yourself open to engage w it at all. it's not fair for ppl who want to play to have certain users just blocked off from being engaged with cause they only like it when it happens to other ppl. it's dumb and totally a cheat.

the idea's intredasting for some kind of perk but it shouldn't just be an on/off switch in the cp ffs