introducing Ultimates for each Skill Branch

God
Ultimates are incredibly powerful skills that can only be used if you're currently above LV 5 of your Skill Branch. They wipe your XP meter and set you back to 0. i don't want to hear no casuals saying that these specials are OP, I have two words for these people: GIT GUD

Babyface - Stable Era: Bans one member for 3 days, prevents salty Spells from being cast for 3 months.

Heel - 無為深淵地震: Hides all forum boards and topics and replaces it with one topic called "Dark Zone Undead Cherry Blossom Tree" for two hours, during which time all players have MAX Beasthood, can make invuln posts, and are forced to use a "Dark Zone" skin.

Healer - Heroes Never Die: Unban all currently banned players. Reduce all players Beasthood to 0.

Lurker - Wordfilter : Select one word not on the Oxford 100, or a word already used by bbcode. That word is autofiltered to a word or phrase (limit: 140 chars) of your choice for 12 months.

Cosmic - Cosmic Journey: For the next 3 months, any member viewing Minus World has a 0.0001% per second of this video playing full screen. The viewer receives 1000 XP if they watch the entire video and feel blessed with Cosmic Enlightenment.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Mario
[deleted]
Spritanium
I like the Lurker and Cosmic ones, I don't think we're at the point yet where we can make bans part of the game yet though

And no salty Spells for 3 months is kind of a long time (especially since we're doing 3-month seasons and the spells will cycle every time)
[Image: supercorrect.png]
kaZaam
cosmic one seems kinda random
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
God
ywah cosmic is a hard one to get right. suggestions welcome
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Draku
that lurker one is amazing

not a big fan of the others
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
Currently, I feel that we straddle the line between fun and obnoxious quite well.

These are too much I think.
Mario
[deleted]
T-man
(Sep 5, 2016 at 8:05 PM)wtl Wrote: the big things that stand out to me are:
  • We decided we didn't want to incorporate bans/warns with the spell system whatsoever.
Yeah, giving regular users that much power over others is really exploitable and not fun.
Draku
(Sep 5, 2016 at 8:05 PM)wtl Wrote:
  • No jump-scares or other stuff that fucks with peoples heads. I don't think we want to become Psychological Horror World LOL
im imagining a spell that makes it so as you scroll you see shadow-y figures for a split second before they vanish and im dying
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
(Sep 5, 2016 at 8:10 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Sep 5, 2016 at 8:05 PM)wtl Wrote:
  • No jump-scares or other stuff that fucks with peoples heads. I don't think we want to become Psychological Horror World LOL
im imagining a spell that makes it so as you scroll you see shadow-y figures for a split second before they vanish and im dying
(Sep 5, 2016 at 8:11 PM)wtl Wrote: that's less of a spell and more like a curse
o shit i luv this idea
kaZaam
mayb do a jumpscare curse too but have it be preventable somehow. like a weird minigame
God
based on feedback I have updated the Cosmic Skill Branch ultimate:

Cosmic - Cosmic Journey: For the next 3 months, any member viewing Minus World has a 0.0001% per second of this video playing full screen. The viewer receives 1000 XP if they watch the entire video and feel blessed with Cosmic Enlightenment.
Draku
Defuse the Jack-in-the-Box!!!
kaZaam
(Sep 5, 2016 at 8:33 PM)Draku Wrote: Defuse the Jack-in-the-Box!!!
LMAO sounds too easy unl you like hide it somewhere

i was thinking maybe something like you'd get some creepy Something Happened message that says "it's coming..." or something like that and ebery time you go to a new page everything starts to get slightly darker. maybe have like a low bass frequency get louder and louder as it gets darker. once it goes borderline pitchblack, there'll be like a 1/5 chance that you'll get jumpscared on refresh/new page. maybe do something simple like you have to find a crucifix or some shit hidden in a random thread to get it to go away before it gets you. idk if the losestate should be anything more than a jumpscare, maybe it forcibly puts that zalgo text shit on any post you try to make for the next couple days idk
kaZaam
idk if thats 2spooP but itd be fucken cool
God
(Sep 5, 2016 at 8:43 PM)Kazaam Wrote:
(Sep 5, 2016 at 8:33 PM)Draku Wrote: Defuse the Jack-in-the-Box!!!
LMAO sounds too easy unl you like hide it somewhere

i was thinking maybe something like you'd get some creepy Something Happened message that says "it's coming..." or something like that and ebery time you go to a new page everything starts to get slightly darker. maybe have like a low bass frequency get louder and louder as it gets darker. once it goes borderline pitchblack, there'll be like a 1/5 chance that you'll get jumpscared on refresh/new page. maybe do something simple like you have to find a crucifix or some shit hidden in a random thread to get it to go away before it gets you. idk if the losestate should be anything more than a jumpscare, maybe it forcibly puts that zalgo text shit on any post you try to make for the next couple days idk

Zalgo is definitely a Cosmic ability but I think it can be incorporated into a normal Spell for the Cosmic Skill Branch
kaZaam
yea idk mayb the zalgo text should just be its own thing
Shroomguy
I personally really really hate jumpscares but if other people want them then go for it
The Beef Baron