Draku
Post what you think about specific spells and throw out potential changes if you think a spell needs to be fixed up some. Considering this seems to come up often it's probably best to have a singular thread where this all can be compiled.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Mario
[deleted]
Draku
I think Whoops! might work better if it's simply cleaned reader-side on each view. It's funny that the poster has to go and do it but it's not practical for everyone else trying to read the post.

Feelin fab needs like... a black outline on the text. Or something.

Outta sight needs either highlighting to reveal or tooltips on top of the TTS.
Yrrzy
worth noting Whoops breaks links
Elyk
On my browser the graphic for Whoops covers the Edit and Quote buttons so I can't even use those to read the post.
I agree with Outta Sight being a highlight to read thing instead of text-to-speech. That's really what it should have been to begin with.
Draku
The TTS is funny as fuck and I can make it out clearly but if it's seriously impeding people somehow it should have something done to it. I think highlighting is too simple of a solution though, tooltips would be better imo.

Whoops doesn't cover buttons below posts for me but I think that might be res/browser based seeing as it's affecting a lot of other people. All the more reason to make it wiped user-side rather than poster-side.
Mario
[deleted]
Yrrzy
the TTS also requires the user have sound and not be currently listening to music/watching a video/in a voip chat
T-man
(Sep 6, 2016 at 12:43 AM)Yrr Wrote: the TTS also requires the user have sound and not be currently listening to music/watching a video/in a voip chat

Then read it later or quote.
kaZaam
(Sep 6, 2016 at 12:27 AM)wtl Wrote: - feeling fab should be adjusted to be less obfuscating, right now it feels more salty than sweet
yea this. maybe put some kind of invert filter on the text so the color's always opposite the bg? also adds xtra color anyway
(Sep 6, 2016 at 12:27 AM)wtl Wrote: - outta sight should be highlight to read. text to speech is funny but not practical for everyone
ya
(Sep 6, 2016 at 12:27 AM)wtl Wrote: - no fun aloud
o damn str7
kaZaam
(Sep 6, 2016 at 12:50 AM)T-man Wrote:
(Sep 6, 2016 at 12:43 AM)Yrr Wrote: the TTS also requires the user have sound and not be currently listening to music/watching a video/in a voip chat

Then read it later or quote.
outta sight's p indiscernible either way so still needs a phat nerf. think the tooltip thing is enough to make it more palatable n still retain it's salt-status
kaZaam
thinkan it'd be funny if Whoops was washable by anyone else, not just the op but the eraser was a lot smaller. would make it a true community effort
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
T-man
(Sep 6, 2016 at 1:07 AM)Kazaam Wrote: thinkan it'd be funny if Whoops was washable by anyone else, not just the op but the eraser was a lot smaller. would make it a true community effort

Something similar is coming, every user will be able to draw in the ink but only the receiver of the spell can do clean the ink with permanence.
kaZaam
perf
Spritanium
We're also going to adjust the cost of Outta Sight to 1exp per character and limit it to 24hrs. If I can get it working I'll do the tooltip thing too
Spritanium
THE SPELLNERFER UPDATE

- Whoops can now be cleaned up by anybody, not just the OP (except only the OP can permanently clean it)
- Whoops price increased from 100 to 120
- Outta Sight now costs 1 EXP per character with a 75 EXP minimum, and only lasts 24 hours. I guarantee we'll see it used on textwalls a lot less - it's possible but the price will absolutely destroy the caster's EXP.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
yeah i'd say that fixes most immediate issues, good sh*t
kaZaam
good shut

the whoops eraser's erasing eben w/o me having to click though. guessing this isn't intentional?
Spritanium
Does it only happen on other people's? Might be some weird browser thing otherwise
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
Have to hold a click on my end.