son of boruto’s grandfather (naruto) impression thread

Mariofan169
actually nvm why go through the pacing issues with naruto when I could just read naruto, that’s a real galaxy brain right there

it turns out my library has the entirety of the manga run and since it takes much faster for me to read manga than watch anime, I’ll be going through the manga for the rest of the series (starting today where I grabbed 5 volumes). I’ll watch some parts of the anime just to see how the fights are animated and see the episodes that are adapted from the canon novels but otherwise it’d be redundant to watch the entirety of shippuden after finishing the manga. so yeah, expect my next impressions post soonish instead of in the summer
Zelma
Congratulations on finishing it. I'm also glad that you enjoyed it somewhat! I agree with your point; especially after having watched both HxH and JoJo, Naruto very obviously doesn't hold a candle to those series but I would agree it stands it's own ground and it doesn't necessarily need to compete with those(because let's just be real; those two are unicorns in the shonen genre anyway).

The most disappointing part of the Sasuke retrieval arc to me was the lack of interesting fight for Kiba. Did he even fight? I remember him running away from someone...somebody and then ending up in a river. Shikamaru's fight was sick and YES! The Bone guy was defintely the sickest member but I'm not leaving out flute chick who summonded big ass orge demons. That was bad ass too. Rock Lee proving he's best bone again and GAARA of all people helping him out....

Yeah; there's certain cheesy things like the whole death fake out thing for every member but to me, this arc had way too many highs to NOT be one of the stand out points in the series.

Interesting you mention Naruto Kai; because if you were planning on continuing with the series I was gonna DM you the reddit link with the Kai episodes and tell you to do that because Shippuden gets SLOOOOOW as fuck at certain points. Mainly the beginning which is the worse part of the second half if you ask me. However, since you're reading the manga now then you don't even have to worry about that. Not only that you get to enjoy Kishimoto's top tier art for part 1 and some pretty stand out moments in part 2 as well.

Good thread. Hope to see more updates in the future!!