great spell idea: "present for you" (or some variant)

Agastya
this is kind of an expansion on the false alarm idea but i think it's different enough to make a thread for it

basically when you choose this spell on a post you put a nice happy gift box on it, probably under their user info, that the receiver can either choose to open or decline

when you choose the actual spell you do one of two things:

A) put some exp in it so they pop open the gift and get an exp boost (a really fancy donation, pretty much)

or

B) put another spell inside of it

stuff like autocorrect may not work but you can nicely gift wrap a Great Sh*t button or maybe they open the box and ink spills all over their post

the target doesn't get knockback exp from the initial present, but they get knockback from spells placed inside the box. maybe a little extra because the caster spent a little extra to giftwrap it

if the target chooses to decline the gift they get shown a window that shows what was in the gift box and the caster is notified that their gift was declined. they suffer no further exp loss but maybe the target refunds them part of the cost of the gift because it's not polite to decline gifts? that may be too mean though

in order to prevent people from only claiming exp donations, the caster's exp should only drain for the gift box at first and then drain further when the gift is opened
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
rtsmarty
how do you handle people casting the spell that's in in the present while the present is there? does the caster just get a refund and the present removed? i mean you can't just say that the spell has already been cast because that would reveal what's in the present.

i feel like this spell would be better if it was the only way to donate. maybe get rid of the donate button and just make it so that giftwrapping exp is the only way to donate?
Spritanium
(Sep 9, 2016 at 12:32 PM)rtsmarty Wrote: how do you handle people casting the spell that's in in the present while the present is there? does the caster just get a refund and the present removed? i mean you can't just say that the spell has already been cast because that would reveal what's in the present.

i feel like this spell would be better if it was the only way to donate. maybe get rid of the donate button and just make it so that giftwrapping exp is the only way to donate?

I like this idea because donations are kind of OP currently. Especially once we have classes with various perks, if you can just donate exp to your friend in another class and have them cast a spell for you, it's kind of cheap
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Pea
good idea for a teamplay buff
Draku
i'd be cool with removing donations in their current form and making giftwrap the way to go
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Agastya
(Sep 9, 2016 at 12:32 PM)rtsmarty Wrote: how do you handle people casting the spell that's in in the present while the present is there? does the caster just get a refund and the present removed? i mean you can't just say that the spell has already been cast because that would reveal what's in the present.
the spell just turns into a donation for the full cost of the spell instead of just the knockback exp instead

at least i think that sounds interesting

also if you remove current donations how would lottobot work
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Draku
(Sep 9, 2016 at 7:56 PM)Agastya Wrote: also if you remove current donations how would lottobot work
damn. good point
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
Lottobot would have to be a special circumstance. It wouldn't be hard to enable the current donation form for Lottobot only (maybe for a class too, like Healers)
T-man
I don't want any changes to the donation functionality, seeing as I'm the only one who actually used it
Agastya
(Sep 9, 2016 at 9:09 PM)T-man Wrote: I don't want any changes to the donation functionality, seeing as I'm the only one who actually used it

i dunno i used it once and it worked out pretty well
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Aidan
(Sep 9, 2016 at 9:09 PM)T-man Wrote: I don't want any changes to the donation functionality, seeing as I'm the only one who actually used it

i've donated a bunch of times lol
Yrrzy
ive been donated to a few times
kaZaam
i say thx by don8in
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Two_Finger
I've donated
Yoshin
I've donated a few times myself
Mario
[deleted]
Spritanium
Yeah I like how it adds an element of risk to swapping EXP, you could get a payout or you could just unleash hell on your post
kaZaam
ehhhh but sometimes you just wanna say thx w/o scaring the shit outta some1 yknow?
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Stirling
just implement a tax on normal donations and have these as well

duh

incite the overthrow of the old administration faster doods
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Agastya