Aidan
You've almost become accustomed to the quarantine. Businesses still open, the bus still runs, the sun still rises each morning. It's mostly business as usual, aside from the strict curfew. Every night, you return home to listen to the latest announcement, hoping to hear good news.

"This is L. Our investigation into the high-profile murderer Kira is progressing smoothly. Please remain calm. The quarantine will be lifted as soon as this criminal is brought to justice."

Same as ever. You're starting to wonder if this L really exists. The people shouting from the streets must have similar doubts. Can Kira be caught? And what's going to happen to you if he isn't?

Kira Game is a variant of a popular social game. You may know it as Mafia, Werewolf or Town of Salem, but the overall concept is the same. A small group are trapped in an enclosed space, and must determine who among them is the villain.

Each player will be assigned a role, which will permit them actions, provide them passive traits , and establish their goal. Roles will not be made public, and should be a closely guarded secret. Revealing your role may make you, or one of your allies, into a target.

Most players will attempt to defeat Kira, the serial killer said to have a supernatural ability to assassinate his targets remotely and without a trace. Of course, Kira will attempt to keep himself hidden, whilst targetting the world's greatest detective, L.

Game Structure

Kira Game is roughly divided into two alternating phases: Day and Night.

During the day, all players will meet to discuss who they suspect to be Kira. As hysteria has begun to take hold, townspeople may choose to execute their prime suspect. Players can vote on who they'd like to execute. Of course, the suspect is encouraged to defend themselves from scrutiny. Kira will be amongst the townspeople, attempting to divert suspicion onto an innocent.

Once night falls, voting will close. Police and the less scrupulous types are likely to take action under cover of night. L and anyone officially covering the investigation will act first, then any townsperson capable of subverting curfew, and lastly, Kira may claim a victim. Following this, the player with the most votes will be mobbed and executed, and police on-scene will perform an autopsy. Results of the autopsy, including the role of the deceased, will be made public. Day will resume shortly after, and the cycle shall repeat until the quarantine is lifted.

Day Phase

Players may vote to execute another player. The execution will happen at the beginning of the night phase.
Players may PM the game host to perform an action. The player's role will mention their possible actions, and any restrictions on those actions. The action will happen at the beginning of the night phase.

Night Phase

Actions submitted during the day happen.
In the case of conflict, actions will roughly execute in the order of:
actions performed by L and the police force, then
actions performed by unaligned townspeople, then
actions performed by Kira and any associates of Kira, then
the player who received the most votes will be executed.
Following the resolution of actions, the next day phase will begin.

If you have any additional questions, please ask.

Players
1. Superchao
2. Jetamo
3. Hearts - Protector
4. Fun with Despair
5. Draku
6. Snufferin Snagglepuss
7. Kousaku Kawajiri - Kira
8. Elyk
9. StirlADrei
10. Two_Finger - Roommate
11. Kright
12. Zange
Superchao
it's time to solve these crimes

hurricane mixer style
[Image: U7dyPAD.png]
Jetamo
can you commit suicide in kira game

also im sign
[Image: ybpjq8e.png]
Hearts
put me in coach
Aidan
(Nov 8, 2019 at 5:12 AM)Jetamo Wrote: can you commit suicide in kira game

no
Fun With Despair
do it. put me in.
Draku
sure why not
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Snufferin Snagglepuss
give me a thing but make it extra dumb
"Let's play our lives away!"
Yoshikage Kira
A game all about yours truly, huh? To be honest, I'm a little embarrassed, but it looks like I have to oblige!
Baby Sans Thanos
Interesting... truly.
[Image: Zm6C7NV.gif]
Elyk
Hello
Stirling
I'm in.
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Two_Finger
sounds interesting
Kright
Sounds cool - I wanna play also!
Zange
I'm down
Aidan
Sign-ups are closed, and I've sent role PMs to all players. I advise you not to share role information with other players unless you completely trust them; carelessly revealing information can be very dangerous. Also, do not post your role PM or any significant part of it in the thread, or there will be consequences. The day phase thread will contain these and other rules.
Please let me know if you did not receive a PM, or if you are confused about any game mechanics. At least one player has disabled PMs in their User Control Panel, so I was unable to send them their role.

The first day phase will begin tonight at 8 PM PST, and last 24 hours.

Players
@Superchao
@Jetamo
@Hearts
@Fun With Despair
@Draku
@Snufferin Snagglepuss
@Kosaku Kawajiri
@Elyk
@StirlADrei
@Two_Finger
@Kright
@Zange
Draku
your role PM
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Aidan
Updated first post with more information about the day/night phases, and stickied thread.