[Day 5] - Honey Roasted Party Mix

Spooks?
The sky clears at long last, and the sun's rays illuminate the Courtyard. A tattered, hole-ridden party tent sits around the remains of the Fountain, now nothing more than a gaping hole in the ground. A string of lights blows in the wind gently among the wreckage.

[Image: 122?cb=20170520215152]

"Yeesh, some party. You kids really know how to throw a rager, huh? If I'd known it wasn't just gonna be one of Clinton's stupid rallies, maybe I woulda showed up myself! Maybe brought a couple games, snacks, y'know. I've heard some of you guys really like Jackbox anyway. Quiplash, and the like.

I'm partial to that one game with the aliens on the spaceship though. Kinda reminds me of something... I'm kicking myself for not going now, you know."

[Image: 146?cb=20170520215156]

"Nah, just kidding. I wouldn't be caught dead at a party with you losers.

But enough about your dumb events, it's time to ask the age old question: who died?"

[Image: 112?cb=20170520215145]

"...Really? You guys couldn't leave the Kitchen alone for even one more night? You guys suck. Where's the creativity? I swear, I gotta start banning these kitchen murders already.

Fine, fine, I'll stop whining and get to the point."

---

@bees has been found dead in the oven in the Kitchen, burned to a crisp!

Their role was Revenge of the Ultimate Necromancer

Role Description:

---

[Image: 137?cb=20170520215135]

"Another burning kill too? Is this some kinda joke? How derivative. I remember the days back when people were faking suicides with illusions, riding around on shovel-based skateboards, and poisoning some guy's ice cubes. Those were the days... "

[Image: 5a3QRe6.png]

"Someone lit the rest of my pad on fire too. Not cool dude. Can't you guys just cool it with the fire for a couple nights? I actually got some really sick footage tonight but now I can't even edit it. Man, the studio's gonna be PISSED."

[Image: J6jvKVx.png]

"Oh yeah, speaking of cool footage, I caught a real-life MONSTER FIGHT on camera! Man it was totally rad, this diving suit guy blew up out of the Fountain and charged me, but then the youtube chick threw a table at him and then that girl with the scythe tore through the tent and th-"

[Image: 174?cb=20170520215142]

"Hey! Save it for your testimony, dipshit!

Geez, someone's in a better mood. How disappointing..."

---

CASE FILES:
-Bees is significantly blackened from burns in the Kitchen oven.
-Likewise, the rest of Trip's Pad has been blackened from a large fire, although the rain prevented overwhelming damage. The Terminal and Arcade Machine still work.
-The Ultimate Detective has found a broken lamp in Trip's Pad. It appears to have been broken tonight before the fire.
-In the Kitchen sits a Fried Changeling Hand with Garlic Mashed Potatoes, some deep-fried bananas, and some microwaved nachos.
-A party tent has been set up around the Fountain. Several holes are torn in the sides of it, and the northwest supporting tentpole is snapped.
-The Fountain has been blown up, and an extremely deep hole sits in its place. Analyzing the debris tells the Ultimate Detective that some sort of liquid explosive was used.
-A snack table is torn in half inside the tent, and a speaker has been crushed.
-The door to the Chapel has been barricaded by a pew.
-The Ultimate Detective notices that no more lighter fluid remains in the Kitchen.

OTHER INFO
-MCD's corpse is missing from the Stage
-One of the crates from down in the Underground Pier is missing
-The water tank in the Water Control Room that supplies the Fountain has been fixed, somehow
-A stuffed deer head has been stabbed with a claymore in the Trophy Room

Room descriptions will be altered as you investigate and learn more about the changes in each room.

THE MAP

[Image: nfkxev8.png]

Room Descriptions

House Bishop (Red):
House Minerva (Yellow):
House Academia (Blue):
House Oliva (Green):
Trip's Pad (Pink):
Outdoor Areas:

[Image: GzD4dqh.png]

Room Descriptions

House Bishop (Red):
House Minerva (Yellow):
House Academia (Blue):
House Oliva (Green):

[Image: XvBFwnk.png]

Room Descriptions

Basement Rooms:

CURRENT PLAYERS:

@Bigfoot
@Mother Goose
@ASMR Youtuber
@The King of Town
@Ham Sandwich
@Skull Face
@Fink
@Godbert Manderville
@The Archivist
@Momoko Koigakubo
@"cooking mama"
@Gordon Ramsay
@Hillary Clinton
@Grell Sutcliff
@Ruby Rose
@Ainsley Harriott
@Ramone Stradvar
@Bandit Shoey

Post investigation questions in this thread, and try to post any major theories here, for the sake of ease.

The investigation will end tomorrow at 8 PM PST.

As an incentive, if the correct killer is NOT lynched, something bad will happen tomorrow night.

COPYING AND PASTING YOUR ACCOUNT WILL LEAD TO IMMEDIATE EXECUTION. DO NOT DO THIS.
Visions
At the holding cells. An unnerved Gareth approaches Nathan's cell, clearly shaken by the recent events of the day: A leader manages a group of people and, not even a month in, chaos settles in. Despite his discouraged mindset, he attempts to hold his emotions in, readying to parley with the thief.

At the cell, Nathan is lying down at his bed, not to sleep, but to stare at the ceiling. Contrary to a nobleman's thoughts, the cell is not a pigsty, a trademark style of a prison cell one could see in London or any of its popular jail counterparts. Instead, it is a modest bedroom, locked up behind bars. At least, it would be locked up, had there been a dedicated guard to watch over him. Nathan is his own guard, deciding when he leaves and when he stays, not that he seems to mind it.

Gareth knocks at the cell bars, which lets out a slightly reverberated sound, loud enough to wake up Nathan from his aimless gaze.

“You know something about the knife?”

Nathan stares at the nobleman, with a smile at the corner of his lips.

“Figured it out, sire?”

“Cut the jabs, thief, you are currently suspected for more than knife robbery.”

The prisoner moves to sit at his bed, facing Gareth. His nonchalance spells out misdemeanor for his peer.

“I was hoping you would understand. What do you think of that knife? The second I laid my eyes on it, I knew it was something special. It is not special to the naked eye, but my gut instinct says otherwi-”

“Pray that your knife isn’t the one that’s involved, because the priestess has been murdered by one.”

The grin immediately fades away from the thief. The news has shocked him, as much as his shock, shocked the news bearer. Nathan is brought back to his aimless gazing, possibly attempting to let out sound words, rather than stutters and stammers.

“Show me the knife.”

He complies without a word. From under his bed’s pillow, Nathan pulls out the knife: The same one he presented to the leader at the bonfire some nights ago. The knife and its encrusted emerald does not bear any scratches, or more importantly, any trace of blood. Gareth deduces as much after examining it thoroughly for a long minute.
“I assure you, Gareth, that I did not use that knife for blood sport. I am a thief, not a killer. I do not partake i-”

“I’ve heard that excuse well enough. What you have to say does not matter and I have heard it enough from more than one idiot, anyway. On the same day, mind you.”

“Fair enough, but that knife is not well made for killing.”

“Have you taken any other knives?”

“I don’t need more than one.”

“Where have you taken this, then?”

“The display, in the Trophy Room.”

“And you knew about it? Since when?”

“You’ve presented them to that Cook. He seemed to enjoy of the longer sort.”

“So you admit to snooping?”

“A thief admitting to snooping to a monarch speaking with authority.”

“Yes, or no?”

Nathan starts taking aback from the barrage of comments and questions. He knows that Gareth is taking this situation seriously enough to warrant frustration from passive talkbacks, something he usually does not have a problem with.

“Yes. The knives looked like treasures, artifacts, what have you.”

“And your motive was to steal.”

“A criminal decides to murder in a location, devoid of an escape route. We’ve had this talk before. If you want me to help find the murderer, I will follow suit. For now, any other answer to your questions will mean nothing to you.”

“How do you know that?”

“Because I am not the killer.”

Pause.

“Right. You are ordered to follow me until the murder has been solved. Any aid that directly contributes to solving this mystery will be rewarded. We’ve no time to waste, now.”

--

The Fountain. Mernon is heading towards House Academia, where the unfortunate event has taken place. The front door is not blocked by a body anymore, but the sight of it all is still vividly burned into his retinas.

Inside, he notices the clock. It’s nearing midnight, only a few more minutes to go. The day has been long, with the murder mystery seemingly lasting even longer than the day itself. Inside, he sees Percy, sitting by one of the coffee tables, staring at a blank piece of paper. Not to scare the poet, the Alchemist greets him in a soft spoken voice. Percy does not answer, or move in any way. Approaching him, Mernon notices distress emanating from the man’s body: An aura in which he has never seen or experienced before. From the Romanticist’s eyes to the sheet, only one shakenly written word can be read.

“Marie”
Gordon Ramsay
At this point, I'll have to find another place for any future cooking.

Investigate the Kitchen.
Spooks?
Upon announcement of the body discovery, @Gintoki wakes up behind the Leisure Room's bar, hazy and tired. He rests his arm on the bar as he tries to recall what day it is.

The realization hits him, and he gasps in terror. He's been AFK for two consecutive days. He coughs suddenly, just barely able to cover his mouth with his hand. When he looks at it, he staggers back, the sight of the blood now dripping from his fingertips paralyzing him in fear.

He begins to cough and wheeze even more, as blood starts to erupt from every orifice of his body. He collapses to the ground in a heap, the first AFK death of the game.

@Gintoki has died from going AFK. His role was Ultimate Magician
role description:
The King of Town
Body, tasting it.
Spooks?
(Jan 25, 2020 at 11:41 PM)Gordon Ramsay Wrote: At this point, I'll have to find another place for any future cooking.

Investigate the Kitchen.
The Kitchen appears to have been used rather extensively, particularly the stove, microwave and... well obviously the oven. It smells like burned meat in here, but the smell isn't coming from the Changeling Hand, the Nachos, OR the Deep Fried Bananas. You know, it's probably the dead guy.

(Jan 25, 2020 at 11:48 PM)The King of Town Wrote: Body, tasting it.
You lick the charred corpse of Bees. Tastes like burned meat. He certainly was not seasoned well.
Gordon Ramsay
I woke up, ready to finally put my cooking chops on camera tonight. At last, you'll all get to see how a real chef performs! After Trip finishes with his footage.

In the study, as I awoke, I saw Mother Goose, Shoey, and an ape. The ape returned the journal to me, and then left. I exited as well, and got shoved out of the way by Ruby Rose. Having heard some footsteps last night and from Ramone's testimony, I spent a little while investigating the rooms on the second floor of House Academia to search for an attic entrance, and found that there's a hatch located in the hall.

Since I couldn't bloody well reach the thing, I just headed out to find that Mother Goose had now joined Trip and the Youtuber outside, watching Clinton's tent. Trip had more important things to do, so I roped him and his team to join me in the kitchen, where Ainsley was eating cheese. He shared some with Trip, and I took some as well to make my first course - gourmet nachoes. During this, I saw that the oven was already set to a "CLEAN" setting.

Then it was time for the main course; Fried Changeling Hand with Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Can't let a good hand go to waste, that's not how I learned. Skull Face entered and filled up his coffee pot with water, before dumping it out and trying again, at which point the water stopped. He still tried to make some coffee. Brave man.

That's about when Hilary interrupted to nag everyone about the party, along with Ruby Rose. I don't trust parties, so I just made the dessert for the show, but as I finished Trip and his crew left with the others. Well, at least I got to show off for the camera this time. Heading upstairs while Ainsley keeps eating cheese, I looked around the library to find some bloody interior decorator decided to make it look like one of those movie corkboards. Rubbish. That's where I slept for the night.

Check the workshop for a tall ladder.
Spooks?
(Jan 26, 2020 at 12:09 AM)Gordon Ramsay Wrote: Check the workshop for a tall ladder.
There is no tall ladder in the Workshop, but there is one outside going up to the Overlook Patio. You can use it, but Ruby Rose demands that you put it back afterwards.
Gordon Ramsay
Borrow the ladder to check out the hatch in House Academia.

Then put it back after investigating.
Jack of Spades
Is there a recording of Gordon's cooking show? I'd like to watch it.

Is the oven still on now? What's it set to?
Hillary Clinton
I am never throwing a party again.
Spooks?
(Jan 26, 2020 at 12:15 AM)Gordon Ramsay Wrote: Borrow the ladder to check out the hatch in House Academia.

Then put it back after investigating.
You grab the ladder and climb up into House Academia's attic.

Scattered around in one corner a bunch of construction materials, such as paint, hammers, and stepladders. Looks like the guys working on the restoration stored a bunch of their crap up here.

In the other corner are several books, models, and diagrams relating to British paranormal activity and conspiracies. A couple thick tomes describe the ghosts haunting old English castles, and there's a model of what looks like stonehenge, recreated in great detail.

You climb back down and return the ladder.
The King of Town
What's the status of the Water Control Room? How's the fountain part fixed?
Bigfoot
@Monokuma does the painting of the fruit bowl have any sexy oranges in it?
Spooks?
(Jan 26, 2020 at 12:30 AM)Bigfoot Wrote: @Monokuma does the painting of the fruit bowl have any sexy oranges in it?
You lift up the painting of the fruit bowl you fell asleep under and check it for any particularly sexy oranges. One of them sticks out to you, its supple roundness calling to you alluringly. You go to unzip your Gintama Lounge Pants, when Monokuma slaps your hand away from the zipper in disgust.

Who do you think you are anyway, Raptor from KG5?
Godbert Manderville
Inspect the body. Any injuries aside from the obvious burns?

Also, I'd like to inspect the broken lamp and try to determine its origin. Does it look like it's from the Pad?
Bigfoot
- I wake up in the Dining Room under the table and bump my head.
- I open my loot crate and put on the shirt. I climb out and see Ainsly sitting on the table. I place my TMNT mug in front of him then leave.
- I walk out into the rain as the Archivist walks down the stairs.
- I pass by a large party tent next to the fountain.
- I enter House Minerva and climb down the ladder. I use my crate as an air pocket to swim into the water control room.
- I pump hydrogen peroxide into House Olivia to clean out the lines. I flush water down the lines afterwards to make sure it's safe.
- I search around the rest of the water control room for hidden passages but don't find any.
- I swim to the passageway but see the Big Daddy entering from the House Bishop side.
- I hide behind a crate as it makes its way by into the water control room.
- I swim out of the tunnel and exit into wine storage.
- I walk through the coatroom to the stage and look for more passages but find none.
- I head up to the trophy room. I get a claymore from the hall of swords and use it to defeat a deer.
- I sleep under a painting of fruit.
Spooks?
(Jan 26, 2020 at 12:33 AM)Godbert Manderville Wrote: Inspect the body. Any injuries aside from the obvious burns?

Also, I'd like to inspect the broken lamp and try to determine its origin. Does it look like it's from the Pad?
You inspect the body of Bees. The back of his skull is slightly caved in, as though he was hit pretty hard with an object of some sort. Beyond that, he is unharmed as far as you can tell. He's a little too burned to be sure.

You walk into Trip's Pad, or at least its burned remnants. Picking up the Lamp on his bedroom floor, you quickly deduce that it's probably his bedside table lamp. It's mostly broken, but no pieces appear to be missing from the area.
Spooks?
(Jan 26, 2020 at 12:28 AM)The King of Town Wrote: What's the status of the Water Control Room? How's the fountain part fixed?
The Water Control Room is still flooded, but the fountain's tank is somehow flawlessly fixed. It's as good as new, surprisingly. You also notice a large hole in the wall of the room. Crawling into it, you find that it has an upward incline. You emerge at the wreckage of the fountain itself. Huh, so that's where that hole leads.
Bandit Shoey
I wake up in the study and shout that "i'm afking for safety purposes" waking up Goose, Gordon, and Ape
Ape gives Gordon a book then they leave
then nothing happens the rest of the nght till ape returns and looks around a little bit.
I tell him that "i'm afking for safety purposes" but he just ignores me and goes to sleep.
Then I go to sleep.