The most heart-breaking moment in your internet childhood

ZelmaWoke
The realest moment for me was when i outgrew the 4kids message boards and decided not to post my sonic fanfiction there.................i deadass blasted that one sad avril lavigne song for like 1 full day :((((((((((((((((((((((((9
T-man
eddsworld died
Elyk
can you post your sonic fanfiction here?

it's probably better than shit i've written
El Negro
I was going to post something else at first, but I'll make that its own thread, since I misread the title.

It's definitely the one time where the series I really liked (Cirno and Reimu's 1-2-3) was just abandoned.

Every year, I kept looking back at it in hopes that another chapter would show up and it would continue. (It never did.)

still so fuckin' depressed about it bros

[Image: R2dYlX9.png]
[Image: z839mDR.png]
Spritanium
Imagine hearing months of rumors about PROJECT CAFE, the amazing next-gen console from nintendo, finally they're moving away from casual games and back to a CORE GAMER experience, fuck yeah guys, nintendo is still cool and they know when a brand has overstayed its welcome, they have some of the top experts in the video game marketing scene, this console will have a BUILT-IN HD SCREEN on the controller which sounds cool as FUCK, you're pumped, your body is ready, and then the "Wii U" shows up on the screen

This moment broke me and the worst part is that the Wii U is actually not that bad
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
i had no idea the hype for the Wii U was like that. Damn, you’d never know how hurt people were with how hyped people were for the NX!

The Wii U has very strong disappointment energy. I think it’s pretty solid myself, a bit weird but it’s nice for Nintendo to try the weird. But at the same time it just feels indescribably disappointing...
Draku
the wiiu was more confusing than it was disappointing
it was a fantastic console with great games but the name doomed it and made no fucking sense
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
CuteYoshiGirl
When I was invited to MFGG
honestly in hindsight me joining mfgg was heart-breaking because the person who invited me was perma and moved on with her life and i am still here shitposting

: ((((((((((((((((((9 sad fucking day bros
Fun With Despair
(Jul 7, 2020 at 11:49 PM)Draku Wrote: the wiiu was more confusing than it was disappointing
it was a fantastic console with great games but the name doomed it and made no fucking sense
This, what killed the Wii U wasn't the console itself but the horrible marketing. The asymmetric gameplay stuff was really neat, and having access to menus and shit on the controller was a great addition that made a lot of games way more convenient than they otherwise were.
MoonAge
do teenage years count as an internet childhood

if that's the case, as recent as a few years ago there were online friends and entire groups i would spend every day talking to without a care in the world, but nowadays i take a step back and realize our lives have grown so busy we can't really do anything like that anymore. sad stuff
T-man
(Jul 13, 2020 at 11:00 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote:
(Jul 7, 2020 at 11:49 PM)Draku Wrote: the wiiu was more confusing than it was disappointing
This, what killed the Wii U wasn't the console itself but the horrible marketing. The asymmetric gameplay stuff was really neat, and having access to menus and shit on the controller was a great addition that made a lot of games way more convenient than they otherwise were.
I wonder if there was a good, Switch-tier name that the Wii U could have had that would have effectively communicated it's premise. The best one I could come up with is the Nintendo HDS but Nintendo probably wouldn't have wanted for its home console's name to be so similar to its handheld line of consoles. Anyone else have any ideas?
Draku
(Jul 13, 2020 at 11:37 PM)T-mamf Wrote:
(Jul 13, 2020 at 11:00 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote:
I wonder if there was a good, Switch-tier name that the Wii U could have had that would have effectively communicated it's premise. The best one I could come up with is the Nintendo HDS but Nintendo probably wouldn't have wanted for its home console's name to be so similar to its handheld line of consoles. Anyone else have any ideas?
literally fucking anything other than using the wii brand name. call it the nintendo peepee poopoo, at least that'd get remembered.

HDS sounds like it would be confusing in a different way
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
(Jul 14, 2020 at 12:10 AM)Draku Wrote: literally fucking anything other than using the wii brand name. call it the nintendo peepee poopoo, at least that'd get remembered.

HDS sounds like it would be confusing in a different way
The problem is the metric fuckton of things you were expected to do with the Wii U, it's hard to hone in on any one element to elevate above all the else.

>Off-TV Play

>Asymmetrical gameplay via the GamePad

>Integrated Social Network

>Universal Remote and TV Guide experience

>Support for Wii software and nearly every Wii accessory

>Magic golf ball simulator for your floor

It's not hard to see how Nintendo got complacent and just went with a rehash of their most successful brand. HDS may also be confusing, but to me it's far more representative of the average usage of the GamePad. Then again, I suppose that's only true in hindsight. Nintendo couldn't have known that for everything they tried to accomplish, the Wii U would ultimately be fondly remembered primarily because "You can like, access the menu without pausing."

also, the nintendo hds has a sequel to canvas curse - makes you think
Fun With Despair
they should have just stuck with fucking Cafe as it's name