GRIMglamfire
whats the plan for pulling in new Blood

without Blood the beast will starve and its 2 much fun 2 post here
[Image: tumblr_mcfkee_ABc_D1rtlpz7.jpg]
mit
maybe Subtle "advertising" by sticking links in sigs for other forums? similarly making some posts pointing to here on social media could generate some interest
GRIMglamfire
why not set up a front page or a youtube channel theres got to be talent here
mit
a "main site"'s been in the talks for a super long time, iirc it would host general indie games and similar stuff. it never really ended up going through since it's not really necessary, though maybe it'd be a good idea to try to cycle in new users. at the same time though it'd probably be a pain in the ass, so i dunno
GRIMglamfire
the alternative is i could start posting at mfgg but lets be honest
Draku
(Sep 15, 2016 at 6:54 AM)Gato Wrote: my t r u e s e l f
[Image: 0N2EAuT.png?dateline=1473100410?dateline=1473100416]
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
Let's buy adspace on 4chan
Elyk
I don't really think we need a mainsite at this point. Youtube is probably a good place to start with things. We could upload podcasts and playthroughs of people's levels from the contest. Once we have more going on Twitter would also be a good place to start having a presence. We can announce competitions and other events (such as boss invasions).

The best advertising would just be word of mouth (or text of fingers) though. So if you're having fun/enjoying this site let your friends know.
Aidan
(Sep 15, 2016 at 2:52 PM)T-man Wrote: Let's buy adspace on 4chan

there's no fucking way we can compete for adspace with jlist, he pays top dollar to push those onaholes
Yoshin
buy adspace on SMWCentral
shits like 50 cents sometimes
T-man
(Sep 17, 2016 at 1:22 AM)Elyk Wrote: The best advertising would just be word of mouth (or text of fingers) though. So if you're having fun/enjoying this site let your friends know.
I don't think this can be stressed enough.

I know a great many of us have Minus World instead of friends, but there's got to be some outliers here.
Two_Finger
I got all of my fingers on the job
unfortunately just two isn't enough
GRIMglamfire
it's enough to finger me
Spritanium
Yeah definitely show MW to your friends. The target audience is anyone who grew up on classic early-2000s forums with a vague emphasis on video games, but I think we'll also appeal to all sorts of gamers and people who are a little tired of social media.

But in general, I think the main thing to keep in mind is maintaining the community. We can never let MW fall into disrepair, and we can never let it become boring. Once people sign up, we should be exciting enough to hook them in. Regardless of the number of people in the community, we can keep it lively, and that liveliness should attract others.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
lets play fate/stay night ft mason, draku and elhues
Two_Finger
(Sep 17, 2016 at 7:14 PM)zelma Wrote: lets play fate/stay night ft mason, draku and elhues

I never knew I wanted this till now
Beako
(Sep 15, 2016 at 2:52 PM)T-man Wrote: Let's buy adspace on 4chan
Or 8chan. It's $5 for a single board voucher and $20 for a global voucher.

Only lasts 24 hours though.Dead
MiniPup
The main attraction for the people on here now, is that friends and other ppl they know are on here, right?
It'll be difficult to attract new blood when they have no ties to this place, they won't have a reason to hang around. Minus World needs to have something thats interesting enough that people wanna sign up.
Mario
[deleted]
Shroomguy
I think if we just show off all the fun stuff and cool sh*t that we do on here, people will wanna join.

It's hard to pitch forums to friends tbh because everything is all IMs and what not now. But I will persist.
The Beef Baron