Pedigree
NEW DOWNLOAD BUILD HERE: https://minus.world/showthread.php?tid=5...0#pid68720

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Oni5QZ7...sp=sharing

Currently just messing around with coming up with fun movement/abilities for a Boo game. Check it out and let me know what issues you come across.

Known issues and to-dos:
-If you tongue attack facing away from the enemy and the enemy touches you at all, it is defeated. I plan to fix this by making the tongue a separate object during the attack state, to focus the collisions more on the tongue itself.
-Collisions with the block need to be refined and smoothed out.
-Sound effects still need to be added for Boo's tongue and hide attacks.
-The idle animation needs some work, the tongue is a bit weird in a few frames and isn't what I was going for.
-Goomba's sketchy graphics are only for this test. If the goomba should be kept as an enemy in the future, this will change ofc.
-Powerups to vary the gameplay will be tested out in the future to find out what works and what doesn't.
-I still need to figure out what I'm going to do with an hp and lives system. Leaning heavily towards no lives and punishing player with coin and/or score loss. Let me know what you think about that.
-Thanks to a suggestion from Swoof, the tongue attack will no longer lock you in place but will reduce your speed and lock the direction you're facing in future builds.

[Image: Jf7zlV2.png]
Aidan
i like to lick
Pedigree
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M2YTXKx...sp=sharing

I have another prototype demo here. There is now technically a level end and four objectives to accomplish, though all of this is subject to change.

The following has been added/changed:
-Tongue attack has been fixed, so that you can't just walk float backwards while using it to kill an enemy behind you.
-Missing sound effects filled in.
-Temporary graphics put in place to establish aesthetic feel.
-Some minor fixes/changes in response to feedback.
-Four different types of objectives implemented. Do your best to uncover them all!
-Fully functional pause menu complete with an objective listing and an in-game help guide.

Let me know what you think. I absolutely need the feedback.

Screenshots:

[Image: OJwgWxz.png][Image: xVjkt0Y.png]
[Image: VBuDuR7.png][Image: PrInTqW.png]

Suggestions: -Yoshin requested dinput controller support and will help test it.
-Rebindable controls are requested by Yrr, they are already planned but that will come at the end during the polishing phase. Same with dinput support as well.
-Yoshin offered to help compile for linux/macOS.
Stirling
Alright, so on the attack I definitely think that the cooling down period and the slowing of movement during its animation should both be decreased, but primarily the cooling down. I'd love to see some momentum implemented so that those loops feel more natural.

I think I grabbed all four objectives. The one I got at the first loop wasn't clear if it was for doing the loop or not to me.
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Pedigree
(Jul 28, 2020 at 8:31 AM)Stirling Wrote: Alright, so on the attack I definitely think that the cooling down period and the slowing of movement during its animation should both be decreased, but primarily the cooling down. I'd love to see some momentum implemented so that those loops feel more natural.

I think I grabbed all four objectives. The one I got at the first loop wasn't clear if it was for doing the loop or not to me.
The pause menu describes what you did to unlock each one. You probably got a coin combo of 50 to unlock that one.

Thank you for your feedback, I will look into implementing your suggestion for the attack at least. I'm not at all sure how to apply momentum to the loop de loops or even detect that you're progressing through them on a character that is not affected by gravity though.
Stirling
Yeah, I'm not sure how you would approach it mathematically. Maybe key holding, even if a new direction, will add velocity until a cap in any direction? Elsewise you could just spin until you zip out of the level.
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler: