Baluchi Hound
0%
Mixed Breeds
40.00%
Total: 5 vote(s)

Judging a Mixed Breed Tier List (PT. 1) - D.O.G

John Wick's Cat
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Welcome! Tonight, uh... we're reviewing dogs. (Why are we reviewing dogs???)

You're probably wondering "wow what happen to this sort of typing in where its all in lowercase...." AND THE REASON IS THAT'S STUPID. Sort of.

Again, I am John Wick's Dog. I am him. I am -the- John Wick's Dog. Legit. Please believe me.

Do not question this matter.

Anyway... as you may already know! There's plenty of tier lists about dogs, whether they're the most cute, the least cute, the worst boy, the goodest boy, whatever you stupid moronic humans call these runts.

So I googled "Mixed Dog Breed List" and what's the first thing to show up? A tier list.

Wooooow...

And because there was a guy named, uh, Kyle... I thought it could be a good idea to rate this.

(I'll probably let the dog out tomorrow...)

Let's begin.

The tier list comes from a site named... DogTails by DogWatch...? What the heck kind of name is that? Whatever, none of my business.

https://dogtails.dogwatch.com/2019/07/30...dog-names/ <-- You can find it here.

Wait this isn't even a tier list! It's just a list of the 'cutest breeds'! Give me a break...

I sort of wished these would be in order... so because the site doesn't do that, I will not do that either. Deal with it, bear with it, dog with it.

I will be rating the first ten dogs listed, from the top.

-----

Alusky -- Alaskan Malamute and Siberian Husky

[Image: f7d589ec46d6ae5a71e2174feaf79797.jpg]

If you look up the Alaskan Malamute and the Siberian Husky in separate windows, and them put them together, you will notice right away that they are very similar.

That's because both of them were made for a more Cold type of wheather, which in this case would be the Arctic lands.

Some of the key differences between both is obviously their fur and facial features...

[Image: Coat-and-Colors-Alusky.jpg]

...The Alusky, however, actually manages to look relatively different to these two types. It's got the face of the Malamute, and the body of a Husky. This happens with a lot of Mixed Breeds, this being no exception at all.

My rating? Good. It makes me wonder what type of land they truly like the most...

-----

Bassador -- Basset Hound and Labrador Retriever

[Image: DCNe7lSWAAAhI5I.jpg]

For one reason or the other, the Bassador manages to be a perfect mixture of both, while at the same time being a complete deviation of the Basset Hound.

The Basset Hound, as we all know, is a small dog type similar to the Beagle, with a much more contrasted shape and face. Meanwhile, the Golden Retriever, is the exact opposite of that. They're also not necessarily golden.

[Image: bassador-mixed-breed-dog-pictures-cover.jpg]

The Bassador's small, yet not by too much. It's known to have a large body, like the Basset Hound's, but an appearance that ressembles the Golden Retriever perfectly.

My rating? Not bad. While not as good as the Alusky, it's got its charm as well.

-----

Beaglier -- Beagle and Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

[Image: Beaglier.JPG]

Speaking of Beagles... here's a Beaglier Beagle.

If you think the latter dog's name is too long... well, you're right. The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is a very small dog type with fuzzy hair and very attractive looks, which they use as their main charm along of their social positivity.

The Beagles are... popular. Unlike the Cavalier King, the Beagles can be medium-sized as well, lacking the fuzzy hair and charms that the Cavalier King has. They're still good, don't get me wrong... I'm just saying, however, that they are not as good. At least in my opinion.

[Image: 399506_0253a_orig.jpg]

The Beaglier, on the other hand, is pretty different. Their hair is not fuzzy, and they're not too similar to the Beagles. Their face ressembles a Cavalier King very well, while their ears clearly belong to the Beagle. Even then, while it is a clear combination of both, it's pretty redundant, and not as good as the original Cavalier King.

My rating? Could be better. Still not bad.

-----

Bernedoodle -- Bernese Mountain Dog and Poodle

[Image: Mini-Bernedoodle.jpg]

Who's coming up with these names? Anyway...

The Bernese Mountain is a large dog type that's mostly seen around Europe, rather than other places like America. They have a very specific color pattern: Black, White and Brown. That's really all there is to it, you will most likely not find one with a different color.

The Poodle's... also popular. It's a small to medium dog type that's got plenty of variety to choose from, and also the dog you always see around Hollywood. Seriously, they're everywhere.

[Image: Bernedoodle.jpg]

The Bernedoodle, is... like a Bernese Mountain with fuzzy hair and a brighter color palette. It actually manages to be pretty different from the two of them, being incredibly different from the Poodle itself! In fact, at first sight, you would most likely not even be able to tell that this breed is half-Poodle. Pretty cool.

My rating? Very good. It's a large dog with fuzzy hair, what else can I say?

-----

Bogle -- Beagle and Boxer

[Image: Beagle-Boxer.jpg]

You ever just had a Beagle turn into a Boxer in your backyard? Because this is exactly what this is.

The Boxer's a large dog type that a lot of people use as alarms, whenever you need to just... be aware that someone's at your door. Maybe your door bell's not working, I don't know, you probably have your own reasons. It's also got some pretty specific facial features that other large dogs may have as well, assuming they're from the same or a similar type.

Unfortunately, the Bogle suffers from this trait.

[Image: shutterstock_178619588.jpg]

I say unfortunately, because I just don't think this works very well in situations like these. It is very likely that the Bogle shares a body similar to the one of the Beagle, and the face of a Boxer, which... well, the Boxer's face isn't bad, but I don't think it fits here! That's all.

Besides that, it's just a tiny Boxer... or is it just a Beagle with a funny face?

My rating? Could be better. Not a fan, but it's not an abomination or anything. They're alright.

-----

Bo-Jack -- Boston Terrier and Jack Russell

[Image: bojack-horseman-1100x619.jpg]

That's the wrong Bojack.

[Image: 1ba98e4b2a6b7c60aac9d9635cf18dd9.jpg]

That's better.

The Bo-Jack is, quite literally, a black Jack Russell.

Boston Terriers are known to be very, very similar to the French Bulldogs, being slightly larger and different in appearance. Jack Russells on the other hand, are pretty basic dogs, not that big of a deal.

However... it is worth noting that the Jack Russells are always brown and white. They might have the color black as a mark, or anything of that sort, but they will never have it as their primary color.

[Image: 3ee07ac8330485bca56b9d2ae05d5981.jpg]

Take in mind that the Bo-Jack can also be dark brown and white! It all depends on the color of your Boston Terrier. Regardless... aside from the color, they don't have anything that's close to being similar to the actual Boston Terrier... it's really just a darker version of the Jack Russell. Maybe their face will ressemble the shape of the Boston's, but that's not likely.

My rating? Could be better. It's a shame that only the color is truly impactful about the Boston Terrier here.

-----

Border Chow -- Border Collie and Chow Chow

[Image: 16.jpg]

This one's actually kind of incredible. You won't believe this.

It's a Border Collie with MORE hair. Wow!

If you thought the Border Collie didn't have enough hair already, well prepare, because the Border Chow causes it to have even MORE hair.

As we all know, the Chow Chow's a dog with an unhealthy amount of hair. They look like sheeps when you don't shear them for months.

[Image: ebe56d30-a6fd-49bc-b64a-2724e2bb2438-495...0640_o.jpg]

I couldn't find good pictures, since the color of the Border Collie causes most of these dogs to be fully black... but hey. The Border Chow's got a face similar to the Chow Chow's, or at least the nose since that's the only fully visible part of those things. Besides that, they're just Border Collies with more hair.

My rating? Not bad. Border Collies are awesome.

-----

Bugg -- Boston Terrier and Pug

[Image: bugg-mixed-dog-breed-pictures-cover.jpg]

Not a real bug.

For whatever reason, the Bugg's face has its eyes pretty separated from each other, causing it to look somewhat derpy. You can blame both the Boston Terrier AND the pug for this, since they're both known to have... pretty odd yet unique facial features.

It is actually really hard to tell whether it's closer to looking like a pug or whether it's closer to looking like a boston.

[Image: Boston-Terrier-Pug-Mix-1.jpg]

They can also have some variety. The face won't always be the same, and sometimes the ears will ressemble more a pugs'. Did you ever just want to create a very derpy dog? Well, there you go.

My rating? Very good. They're pretty cute.

-----

Cavachon -- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and Bichon Frisé

[Image: 23fc4be9d3843466d8e1dd083fcf1e6c.jpg]

I might be biased towards fuzzy hair, but can you really blame me? Look at that dog and tell me you wouldn't try to pet it at least once.

I've already talked about the Cavalier King, but I've not talked enough about the Bichon Frisé. Why do they have that name? Why are they so similar to poodles? These answers cannot be answered.

The Cavachon's appearance is actually rather simple. Take whatever color your Cavalier King has, and then just slap it on a smaller, fuzzier Cavalier King.

[Image: cavachon-mixed-dog-breed-810x548.jpg]

Due to both dogs' small size, this mixed breed is not tall in the slightest. Be careful at 3 AM, you might just step on them accidentally. You can also carry them on your pocket, probably. Oh, and I forgot to say... the difference with poodles, is that the Bichon Frisé's always small. Always.

My rating? Good. The Cavalier King's excellent appearance causes the Cavachon to be equally as beautiful, while the Bichon Frisé's extremely fuzzy hair and even smaller size causes them to feel somewhat different from a Cavalier King.

-----

Cheagle -- Beagle and Chihuahua

[Image: Beagle-Chihuahua-Mix-900x500.jpg]

Do you ever feel ashamed of having two dogs love each other? Well, you should in case you've acquired a Cheagle.

The Cheagle's... well... let's just say that slapping a Chihuahua onto something so drastically different, like a Beagle, is not always a good idea.

There is an incredibly good chance that your Cheagle does not, however, look like a Chihuahua in the slightest.

[Image: chihuahua-beagle-mix.png]

But even then... sometimes it's not about the appearance. It's about the personality, and the Chihuahua's personality sucks.

My rating? Could be worse. You could've gotten another Chihuahua, that would've been pretty bad.

-----

And that's exactly ten mixed breeds. Isn't it fun to have a change of pace for once? I think it's a neat idea... rating 50 of them in one post though, that would be crazy.

If you liked these, do tell. You can vote in the poll above if you want more of this, there'll always be a fifth option for this sort of thing from now on.

(I swear, how can that dumb dog do this every day...? I want to take a dump.)
Draku
Shockingly informative thread, this is really good. I'm surprised how well some breeds mix. Though uh, there are certainly some that.. don't. I hate the Bugg and Cheagles are incredibly fucking cursed. I'm gonna have nightmares.

Would love to see more of these writeups in the future.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]

Thread Tags

dog