DrTapeworm
pikmin 4
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Fun With Despair
if mario switch is another 3d world I am never playing a nintendo game again

instead i will only play paper mario world, SUPER BOWSER, and the legend of popple
DrTapeworm
the three fangames that can't be C&D'd
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Draku
(Jan 8, 2017 at 9:22 AM)Pedigree Wrote: I never understood the "hating 3D world" meme and probably never will. I mean I'll give you that its predecessor 3D Land was a shit game, but 3D World is Good Sh*t

the "hating 3D world" meme and the "it's not 64, it's shit" meme are probably the same meme tbh.
i fucking love both 64 and 3d world. they're amazing games that do exactly what they each set out to do near perfectly.

i dont know why 3d world gets hate unless it really is people who only played land cause land was fucking god awful
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Fun With Despair
(Jan 8, 2017 at 9:22 AM)Pedigree Wrote: I never understood the "hating 3D world" meme and probably never will. I mean I'll give you that its predecessor 3D Land was a shit game, but 3D World is Good Sh*t

the "hating 3D world" meme and the "it's not 64, it's shit" meme are probably the same meme tbh.
(Jan 8, 2017 at 9:24 AM)Draku Wrote:

i fucking love both 64 and 3d world. they're amazing games that do exactly what they each set out to do near perfectly.

i dont know why 3d world gets hate unless it really is people who only played land cause land was fucking god awful

I just have a thing for collectathons, and while 3D World was good enough as a game, I still haven't beaten it to this day because something about it just feels boring to me and I'm not a fan of the lack of actual structure to the worlds, with most of them just being floating platforms

i get that the 2D Mario feel is what they were going for, but it's really just not for me.

damn feels good to actually justify your dumb hate of something for once
Spritanium
3D World has semi-pretty graphics but it's still all boring sandbox levels. I mean shit, SM64 had a lot of levels that were just floating blocks too, but they added a bit of whimsy and gave every level context (it's just floating blocks because it's a painting, so it doesn't have to be a realistic setting).
[Image: supercorrect.png]
geno7
im sort of jumping into this thread without having read it so idk if someone already mentioned this but can i just say i am really thankful the switch has some semblance of a name that rolls off the tongue

say what you want about nintendo but they're usually really shit at naming things, particularly systems, so im really glad they decided to go with a short, sweet name and not the fucking "new nintendo wii u poopy xl" or some shit
[Image: fsMwICg.gif]
Spritanium
I get the feeling that they finally hired a marketing team this time

And look what fucking happened, everyone is stoked on the console, it's almost as if advertisement is an important thing
Elyk
I don't know if I'm explaining it right but 3D Land/World are 2D in design despite being 3D games which is why I can't count them in the same group as SM64 or SMS.
Spritanium
Nah I know exactly what you mean. 64 and Sunshine (and Galaxy to an extent) have you returning to the same worlds multiple times to do different things, while 3D Land/World levels are just one-off A to B experiences. It's a fundamental difference; even though 3D World added a bunch of cool environments it's inherently limited. A 3D game with 2D limitations.

There really hasn't been a main series Mario title that allows you to explore since 2002.
Hey if that mother 3 rumor is real im killing myself from happiness
mit
i'm looking forward to it (including stuff i'm not even sure i'm allowed to talk about yet? or if i am if i should talk about it) but regardless i'm not looking forward to the launch inevitably being shortstocked. apparently rumors are already going around that initial stock will be sparce, and after all the amiibo shit i'm getting really fucking tired of it.
[Image: 13a3785a5b.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: fef8774bcc.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: f5cb2d4fad.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: b7385c9f62.png]
His dad works with my dad at Nintendo. Keep it on the down low though.
mit
i don't think i can say what it is without just flat out giving it away or just sounding like a jackoff. like even looking it up i can't find anyone else talking about it so better safe than sorry.

it's not anything substantial though, i know just as much as everyone else regarding literally everything about the console.
mit
but still the fact that apparently gamestops are only going to get 20-30 per store is ridiculous. i know rumors are rumors but this is nintendo and if history serves this isn't farfetched.
[Image: 13a3785a5b.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: fef8774bcc.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: f5cb2d4fad.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: b7385c9f62.png]
Draku
(Jan 10, 2017 at 10:37 PM)Pedigree Wrote: Low in-stock helped the Wii become a craze so I don't think that you can blame Nintendo for trying to reproduce those results.
the wii was popular because people wanted it, and it sold enough to where their supply, which wasnt intentionally bad, wasn't enough

ever since, nintendo has been artificially trying to recreate that scenario and failed every single time (except with amiibo, where, again, it was that people wanted the product, not the low supply that helped them sell)
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
HylianDev
I actually liked 3D World and 3D Land a whole bunch.

On the subject of virtual console gamecube, I really want that because I no longer have any gamecube games. Also, portable gamecube.
Mario
T-man
Tonight's the night lads
Vertette
You mean tomorrow's the morning.

timezones lol

Thread Tags

vidya nintendo switch