T-man
(Sep 19, 2016 at 5:10 AM)DrTapeworm Wrote: no seriously a lot of people have been getting really pissy about the idea of a 2d pikmin spinoff, as if they forgot that spinoffs are a thing, and that more than one game can be developed at a time, and other surprising concepts
Yeah, there's a LittleBigPlanet level I really liked that was basically just side-scrolling Pikmin, albeit you have direct control.

The idea has a lot of potential, I just think people are tired of Nintendo taking franchises and subverting them just because.
Stirling
what's all the hate i thought this was MARIO FAN GAMING SUNSHINE
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Poxni
I mean based on "what we know" (lol) on the NX so far it has potential to be neat, but considering the prospected release is in 6 months with still no formal reveal, well.
[Image: xPhNzA9.jpg]
AWFADragNaut
My friend's theory is that the NX is going to be delayed and released in May. This is to ensure summer sales when game and console releases tend to dwindle leaving a huge open gap for people to buy the new console, and not only that it is one month if not a few weeks away from E3 where they will show off all the games for the system (and hopefuly, Nintendo's sure-fire heavy hitters) which will be released for the rest of 2017 into early 2018 which means more sales for the system as excitement is built up after launch.
all i know is if zelda gets delayed one more time for this piece of shit i'm going to be pissed.

interested but not purchasing the actual system though. they'd have to announce some serious bangers for me to even consider it after the how the Wii U turned out
AWFADragNaut
"TOKYO—Pokémon Co.’s chief executive said Tuesday his company plans to create games for Nintendo Co.’s next-generation system, which people familiar with the plans say is likely to meld features of traditional consoles and hand-held devices.
Tsunekazu Ishihara was speaking in an interview as his company, an affiliate of Nintendo that handles licensing of Pokémon characters, responds to the world-wide social phenomenon generated by its smartphone game “Pokémon Go.” Its makers say the game has been downloaded more than 500 million times since its introduction in July.
Mr. Ishihara said sales of other Pokémon products have been lifted by the game’s popularity, and the company is hoping to bring “Pokémon Go” to China and South Korea.
With higher global awareness of the characters, fans and analysts have been watching whether Pokémon Co. would roll out its games on new platforms such as Nintendo’s next game system, code-named NX, which Nintendo has said it would start selling by March 2017. People familiar with the matter have said NX could be used both as a console with a television set and as a hand-held device.
“The NX is trying to change the concept of what it means to be a home console device or a hand-held device,” said Mr. Ishihara. “We will make games for the NX.”
He declined to say whether the games would be available when the NX hardware first goes on sale.
Attractive game titles are critical for any videogame platform, and Pokémon has become one of the strongest global game franchises thanks to “Pokémon Go,” which was produced by Pokémon Co. and developed by Niantic Inc., a spinout from Alphabet Inc.’s Google. Although “Pokémon Go” is free to download, players can pay for in-game items such as incense to attract animated creatures, which are superimposed on real-world street images. Official revenue figures haven’t been disclosed, but research company App Annie estimates that the game has earned more than $700 million—generating controversy along the way because of accidents a few players have suffered while concentrating on the game. Other revenue estimates are lower.
“I feel like the reaction we saw was 10 times or even 100 times bigger than we expected,” Mr. Ishihara said.
He said more features were planned for “Pokémon Go,” including player-to-player battles and character trades. But these features will come slowly to avoid overwhelming entry-level players, he added.
“Battling is a category that we do best at Pokémon, after all,” Mr. Ishihara said, but “it’s important to really carefully consider any feature that may increase the difficulty and raise the barrier to entry for more casual users.”
As for expanding “Pokémon Go” to China, one of the world’s largest smartphone games markets, Mr. Ishihara said he wanted to do so but he said issues with maps need to be addressed first. Use of Google Maps, the service on which “Pokémon Go” is built, is limited in China and South Korea.
Nintendo owns 32% of Pokémon, and its stock price surged with the popularity of “Pokémon Go.” Nintendo has said “Pokémon Go” would have a limited impact on its own earnings because it doesn’t directly sell the game.
But information from videogame data provider Famitsu shows rising sales of Nintendo’s five-year-old hand-held console, the 3DS, and the most recent Pokémon games for the device, released two years ago, both of which profit Nintendo directly. More Pokémon games are coming in November for the Nintendo 3DS system.
Analysts said “Pokémon Go” brought in new consumers and brought back old videogame fans. “Pokémon Go” is also available in many countries where Nintendo isn’t operating its games business, such as Brazil, bringing in a further new market for Pokémon Co.
Mr. Ishihara declined to give specific figures, but he said sales of Pokémon products such as Nintendo games software and trading cards are in some cases running 30% to 50% ahead of what would normally be expected thanks to “Pokémon Go” publicity. He said that the effect was especially notable in the U.S., where the company ran an ad during the Super Bowl in February to mark Pokémon’s 20th anniversary."

- Taken from http://www.wsj.com/articles/pokemon-to-c...1474371834 (you have to subscribe to read the article)

Raw article taken from Reddit
i want to die
(Sep 18, 2016 at 11:40 PM)T-man Wrote: Are they gonna make Sunshine 2 for it?

god, that'd be so awesome
AWFADragNaut
I think we will know what the NX is on Tuesday the 27th

European Retailers are reporting in that past October the 1st, they are unable to order any more Wii U units.

We will know what the NX actually is by next Saturday for sure.
mit
[Image: tbkQSRS.png]
"confirmed" direct announcement, cant wait for nobody to know what the fuck it is
[Image: 13a3785a5b.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: fef8774bcc.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: f5cb2d4fad.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: b7385c9f62.png]
AWFADragNaut
I have convinced myself not even Nintendo knows what the NX really is.
DrTapeworm
for all we know, it could be a donkey kong-shaped robot that smashes a barrel over my head killing me instantly
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Draku
(Sep 27, 2016 at 9:00 PM)AWFADragNaut Wrote: I have convinced myself not even Nintendo knows what the NX really is.
the NX is what you wish for it to be.

the power of your imagination can create a better game than modern nintendo, so they might as well let you
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
AWFADragNaut
(Sep 27, 2016 at 11:31 PM)Draku Wrote: the power of your imagination can create a better game than modern nintendo, so they might as well let you

But their legal team says otherwise

RIP AM2R, Pokemon Uranium and more which I've likely forgotten about
Draku
(Sep 27, 2016 at 11:33 PM)AWFADragNaut Wrote:
(Sep 27, 2016 at 11:31 PM)Draku Wrote: the power of your imagination can create a better game than modern nintendo, so they might as well let you

But their legal team says otherwise

RIP AM2R, Pokemon Uranium and more which I've likely forgotten about
they're not releasing info about the NX so that competitors can't get in on the magic.

of course they'd shut down such projects!
DrTapeworm
confirmed: the NX is the next metroid game
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Draku
(Sep 28, 2016 at 12:25 AM)JoshJDubya Wrote: In before the NX is really Super Nintendo Maker. Now with slopes DLC.
it is both portable and able to be plugged in as leaks have indicated

while in portable mode, many features are disabled such as internet usage and fun
Elyk
NoneXistent
Pea
NothX
T-man
NintendoeXitingthegameindustry
Spritanium
Nothing Xspeciallyinteresting
[Image: supercorrect.png]

Thread Tags

vidya nintendo switch