AWFADragNaut
(Oct 20, 2016 at 12:21 PM)T-man Wrote: lets take this time to 'member the wii u reveal

doomed from the start 2bh

Wow, I never realized that the final product was different to this. The Start and Select buttons are on the bottom middle instead of bottom right, and the thumbsticks are like nubs

As a matter of fact, I really think i have only watched this once, and that was when it first aired.
T-man
(Oct 20, 2016 at 12:44 PM)AWFADragNaut Wrote: Wow, I never realized that the final product was different to this. The Start and Select buttons are on the bottom middle instead of bottom right, and the thumbsticks are like nubs

As a matter of fact, I really think i have only watched this once, and that was when it first aired.
Yeah, the final GamePad was a vast improvement over the initial design. It was was a surprisingly comfortable controller.
AWFADragNaut
(Oct 20, 2016 at 12:49 PM)T-man Wrote:
(Oct 20, 2016 at 12:44 PM)AWFADragNaut Wrote: Wow, I never realized that the final product was different to this. The Start and Select buttons are on the bottom middle instead of bottom right, and the thumbsticks are like nubs

Yeah, the final GamePad was a vast improvement over the initial design. It was was a surprisingly comfortable controller.

I remember the first time I held it at eurogamer expo I was really surprised by how light it was. Undeniably well designed I'd say
T-man

they did it
Yrrzy
looks like a lot of weird losable parts and i cant imagine it having great specs at that size but then it was running skyrim there so who knows

at least they embraced that their best products were their handhelds
Spritanium
Looks pretty cool. It's a neat piece of technology and it looks like the gimmick is actually something useful this time around. This is a far better first impression than I had with the Wii U.

Cool things: it's clearly distinct from the Wii line, the graphics look surprisingly good, and holy shit finally a normal controller for playing at home

Also that Mario game has no timer...have we reached the promised land?!
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man

>that 3d mario in a shyguy mexican village

im crying
T-man

>splat2n with customizable hair

>mario kart 9 with king boo

this was a great trailer
Spritanium
(Oct 20, 2016 at 2:07 PM)Yrr Wrote: at least they embraced that their best products were their handhelds
Yeah I think that's what I like about it. They've managed to make the concept of a handheld at least a little bit appealing
T-man
This console is clearly a more well thought out Wii U and honestly, that's great. The Wii U as a system was nothing but half measures. I also really dig the name, it's catchy and captures the idea pretty well.
Spritanium
(Oct 20, 2016 at 2:12 PM)T-man Wrote: >that 3d mario in a shyguy mexican village
im crying
Right?!

Whereas 3D World always seemed like the product of a 3D version of Mario Maker which doesn't actually exist, it seems like this might be a unique adventure again
Draku
good, it turned out to be the best parts of every leak.

very wiiu successor-y, both in games and what the gimmick truly did turn out to be since they took the actually good part of the wiiu (off-tv play) and made that into the entire console basis.

it's funny that this is a return to the gamecube as far as "the console is literally designed for you to take it around with you to play with friends", that's pretty great. nintendo hates the thought of online coop so much they just went ahead and made a way to cover complaints about it without addressing the actual problem
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
(Oct 20, 2016 at 2:16 PM)T-man Wrote: This console is clearly a more well thought out Wii U and honestly, that's great. The Wii U as a system was nothing but half measures. I also really dig the name, it's catchy and captures the idea pretty well.
I like the branding. Taking advantage of the sound the product makes is pretty cool, reminds me of the kitkat commercials lol
Spritanium
(Oct 20, 2016 at 2:17 PM)Draku Wrote: nintendo hates the thought of online coop so much they just went ahead and made a way to cover complaints about it without addressing the actual problem
Yeah I mean thinking about online sort of puts a damper on things, but maybe they'll implement a better system this time around? I remember leaks about that too, and this console seems to be remarkably accurate to the leaks
T-man
Well, they still have a dock and a traditional controller, I'm sure the online will at very least be a marginal improvement upon the Wii U's.
AWFADragNaut
Im amazed, I think this is great

I predict a direct with games before end of the year to get people excited. Likely to include last Wii U games and Switch launch titles
Yrrzy
thank god they ditched the wii branding too and didnt call it the sWiitch or something
AWFADragNaut
https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status...7025187841

Woahoh this is beyond impressive...
AWFADragNaut
(Oct 20, 2016 at 2:23 PM)Yrr Wrote: thank god they ditched the wii branding too and didnt call it the sWiitch or something

The W3
Spritanium
I think now's a good time to start coming up with ironic nicknames for the console in case it turns out to be bad

Nintendo Switch-it-off

Thread Tags

vidya nintendo switch