AWFADragNaut
You know, I've just realised something.....

It was called the Switch from the start. Code named NX. X could be read as cross which in turn could also mean Switch.

eeh it makes sense in my mind at least.
GRIMglamfire
cant believe nintendo would release a console in 2017 that cant be fucked
[Image: tumblr_mcfkee_ABc_D1rtlpz7.jpg]
DrTapeworm
(Oct 21, 2016 at 12:52 AM)GLAMGRIMFIRE Wrote: cant believe nintendo would release a console in 2017 that cant be fucked

i mean, if you get creative, maybe
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Spritanium
I agree that it's clunky, not really ugly though. Reminds me of a wavebird
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Elyk
It looks like it's a 3d printed prototype, I assume the final product will look a little better. What I don't like about it is how small the actual controller parts look. I'm worried about cramping my hands. Sure, I could spend extra money on a pro controller, but then I couldn't use the portable functionality without setting the device down on a table or something.

[Image: ZjNlMmM5ODdlNSMvLWdKMXpibElneDVWc0d6ZzlT...suanBn.jpg]
Look, the thumb on the right hand extends past where the buttons actually are and the analog stick is way below.

[Image: nintendo_switch_nintendo_nx_handheld_controller.png]
Put your hands together like how the person in the image has them to get an idea of just how small one side is.
Elyk
WAIT A MINUTE IS THAT TINY-ASS D-PAD? IS THAT WHAT HE HAD HIS THUMB ON?
Spritanium
I'm confident that they'll work out any issues with the controller. I remember how downright ridiculous the Wii U gamepad looked when it was revealed. Of all the things Nintendo is bad at, controller comfort isn't one of them
Spritanium
It's just the plus button. There's a minus one on the opposite side. I almost guarantee they'll revert those to standard circular buttons because it's really weird currently
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
(Oct 22, 2016 at 3:59 PM)Spritanium Wrote: It's just the plus button. There's a minus one on the opposite side. I almost guarantee they'll revert those to standard circular buttons because it's really weird currently
oh THAT'S what those are, i was thinking the same thing as elyk
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
sealelement
(Oct 22, 2016 at 3:58 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I'm confident that they'll work out any issues with the controller. I remember how downright ridiculous the Wii U gamepad looked when it was revealed. Of all the things Nintendo is bad at, controller comfort isn't one of them

yeah the wiiu gamepad looks dumb and weird but its like the absolute best to hold. i have faith that the switch (or at least, controller and tablet mode; iffy on the split controller mode) will be just as great
100% pure gamer 100%
jowijo
Never used a WiiU Gamepad, but I didn't mind using the Wiimote horizontally, so if the spacing is similar, this could actually work really well.
T-man
(Oct 28, 2016 at 9:59 PM)jowijo Wrote: Never used a WiiU Gamepad, but I didn't mind using the Wiimote horizontally, so if the spacing is similar, this could actually work really well.

The GamePad, despite looking rather unwieldy was incredibly comfortable to hold so I have hope for the ergonomics of the device.
Yoshin
My issue is that my hands were too far apart, and looking at the Switch this will also be the case. Switch is also looking considerably thinner then the GamePad which will be hell for those of us with big hands.
Rotten Jack
Wow, a portable and a handheld console? How useful... for those that can move in the first place!

Way to think of the pumpkins, jack-o-asses.
AWFADragNaut

Jimmy Fallon debuts Super Mario Run and the Nintendo Switch

I actually really like this video because you can just see how excited Fallon is for this thing. Bit cringey and obviously advertisement through and through but he genuinely looks so friggin happy
T-man
big tell-all event is in 6 days

what do you expect mw?
Yoshin
full wiimote compatibility because Nintendo cannot let go
T-man
I hope it has GameCube Virtual Console games
Yoshin
I don't
fuck paying for games I already own, esp with the wiiu and its downloadable wii games(on a console that can play wii games, no less)
T-man
I wanna see more Mario Switch really bad

Breath of the Wild looks great and everything but it's kind of being whored out at this point

Thread Tags

vidya nintendo switch