mit
(Jan 14, 2017 at 10:14 PM)Elyk Wrote: How did the controllers feel to hold? One of my main concerns is that the joy cons are too small to hold comfortably.

it was alright. it was definitely more comfortable than i was initially thinking. it's "big enough" in that it could stand to be bigger but as it is it works fine.

it's more comfortable and more versatile than wiimotes, for sure. the buttons are a good size and the addition of the analog stick and the extra buttons go a really long way
[Image: 13a3785a5b.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: fef8774bcc.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: f5cb2d4fad.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: b7385c9f62.png]
Spritanium
You've done gods work son
[Image: supercorrect.png]
AWFADragNaut
Minus World thanks you for your service.
T-man
So what do you guys think of voice chat, matchmaking and lobbies being handled by a smart phone app? Gut reactions are not good, but the PlayStation App has come in handy numerous times for things like responding to messages and turning PS4 on and off so chances are good it won't be so bad. I hope there is at least some basic functionality that can be handled by the console without the app.
Draku
voice chat being handled by phone for a portable is surprisingly genius.

i would find it really confusing if matchmaking and lobbies were ONLY phone-based, though.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Fun With Despair
(Jan 19, 2017 at 1:01 AM)Draku Wrote: voice chat being handled by phone for a portable is surprisingly genius.

i would find it really confusing if matchmaking and lobbies were ONLY phone-based, though.
well then I hope you're ready for some confusion, pal
Draku
(Jan 19, 2017 at 11:44 PM)Pedigree Wrote: AND FUCKING PARENTAL CONTROLS OF ALL THINGS available solely through a smart device
actually if anything this makes by far the most sense of the things to put on mobile instead of on the system

the other shit though, yeah there should at least be an on-system option
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
mit
i give it a month

this is definitely gonna have enough backlash to force them to make an in-console app for it. i feel like i recall something similar happening with the wii u and i know the 3DS got updated really early on to have the internet browser and whatever (which i don't recall if they were promised at launch) so i'll be legitimately surprised if there's never anything in-console. the mobile thing is good on paper but falls clean apart if there's no console alternative
[Image: 13a3785a5b.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: fef8774bcc.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: f5cb2d4fad.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: b7385c9f62.png]
Pedigree
With over $700 trade-in credit at Gamestop, I was able to put Breath of the Wild on hold for the Switch. If I can't get the console on launch day in-store, they say that trade-in credit will work on their website. So I'm confident I'll get it the console one way or the other. Other than that, I am getting the following:

-Super Bomberman R... which looks awesome, has two player coop in story mode and can do up to 8 players in other modes as well as online. Seriously look at the gameplay from the Treehouse, the game even looks lovely.
-Another set of Joy-Cons and a grip, which are sold separately for some reason. But at least I will be able to do 4 players by separating them, including the Joy-Cons that come with the console.
-Joy Con charging dock that can charge four joy-cons at once.
-Nintendo Switch Starter Kit that has a carrying case, screen protector, game card carrying case, etc.

After all of that I will have over $100 trade-in credit left and will probably use it down the road for future purchases. Outside of GameStop, planning on getting Snipperclips which is a digital exclusive coop puzzle game and a 128gb Micro SDXC memory card.

Future plans for the system are to get ARMS, Mario Kart Deluxe, Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey of course but who knows what else will get released in between.
Pedigree
The Global Testfire special demo on Nintendo Switch for Splatoon 2 will be running from March 24th to March 26th at specific times of the day. See video for more info.

T-man
(Feb 12, 2017 at 8:50 AM)Pedigree Wrote: The Global Testfire special demo on Nintendo Switch for Splatoon 2 will be running from March 24th to March 26th at specific times of the day. See video for more info.

>specific times of the day

>for one hour

why tho
AWFADragNaut
(Feb 12, 2017 at 1:05 PM)T-man Wrote:
(Feb 12, 2017 at 8:50 AM)Pedigree Wrote: The Global Testfire special demo on Nintendo Switch for Splatoon 2 will be running from March 24th to March 26th at specific times of the day. See video for more info.

>specific times of the day

>for one hour

why tho

If i remember correctly, the first splatoon testfire was on for like, 3 hours. I remember this because the day it was on In was at Comic-Con and missed the entire thing.

I can only imagine it is just a projection for server stress tests. By cramming every player into a one hour slot, they can see what capacity their servers need to handle at the busiest of times. Whether it's a game event like Splatfest or launch week, they probably want their servers to sustain the traffic
T-man
I understand that perspective, I just don't really care about what the company gets out of it. I feel for the people with schedules who can't try out the game.
Fun With Despair
yeah the global testfire is literally a server test and nothing else

it sucks but it's on for enough days that most people could probably play eventually
Pedigree
problem is if they just straight up gave you an unlimited beta you'd tire of it before release

kinda like all the youtubers that got into the beta for Overwatch

also tbh those kinds of betas for games with progression in them suck because it's like literally starting over when the game comes out
Pedigree
clarified the beta I was referring to was Overwatch

sry 4 confuse
Fun With Despair
i can confirm that the overwatch beta made me sick of the game before it even came out

now that it IS out there's still about the same amount of content kek
Pedigree
Plus it's not like Splatoon only did the global testfire once, even if you can't do the first one maybe you can do the next one.

Btw I wonder if story mode is coming back? I loved that shit. Maybe it'll be even better.

Also sadness that you can't play as octolings.
Fun With Despair
(Feb 12, 2017 at 8:32 PM)Pedigree Wrote: Plus it's not like Splatoon only did the global testfire once, even if you can't do the first one maybe you can do the next one.

Btw I wonder if story mode is coming back? I loved that shit. Maybe it'll be even better.

Also sadness that you can't play as octolings.
I think story mode is basically confirmed. There was a bit of a cutscene with Marie shown in the reveal.

I imagine that because of the immense demand, they're going to give you the octoling hair now that you can equip hairstyles. Likely as a reward for beating the story, like the other octoling shit was
Pedigree

http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-2...mble-more/

more splat2n info

Thread Tags

vidya nintendo switch