sealelement
hey sp you're the only person i can go to with this so help me out here

do you remember that show road rovers? of course you fucking do dont even pretend you dont, as for me i havent seen it in like 20 or possibly 50 years and i dont want to be on some watchlist so im asking you this question i have today

all right so as we both know the premise of road rovers is that the dogs are "barking, scratching, frisbee catching international pets"

[Image: MIqlHDG.png]

as we can all plainly see, these are normal, if not slightly cartoony, dogs. and they're supposed to just be regular ass dogs!

BUT... the premise of the show is that, through some apparent scientific mumbo jumbo means according to wikipedia, they can transform into these:

[Image: ZunMFGe.png]

so my question to SP is: what the fuck? what is this? why?

and i'm not asking about the cartoon logic of how they transform into dog-people. i mean whatever. who gives a shit about how the rules work in this cartoon. what fucks me up, and what i hope for sp to elaborate on, is why they have to transform from regular dogs to superheroes.

i mean lets think about what its like to be an actual dog. not like a dog-man or anthro dog, just a dog. you drink stale tap water from a plastic dish and chase tennis balls all day. you can not wear clothes or speak languages. you can not understand what it means to play a videogame. you dont even see in colors and you cant eat a serious portion of foods. imagine you see the world in black and white, you can't play any video games or eat ice cream, and you wake up every day to the same handful of people except for when you need to take a shit in public. okay the last part is kind of okay but do you catch my drift? why would any of the road rovers want to go back from being sentient, sapient beings with superpowers and bad ass thundercats vehicles to being so dumb that their aspirin has to be hidden in their steakums?

please, with your furry fandom wisdom, elaborate for me what the appeal of the road rovers is. i can not imagine for the life of me a 5 year old child watching road rovers and going woha hey maybe my dog is a superhero secretly and actually liking it. i dont get it. i dont fucking get it
100% pure gamer 100%
Draku
idk think about a superhero who has to deal with a ton of stress from the life and death situations and the weight of those they couldnt save

you'd want to take a fucking load off and not give a fuck like a dog too id think
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
sealelement
good point draku. spider-man would be less of a whiny bitch if he was president clinton's dog
sealelement
thank you sp very helpful. so was their muscle actually muscle? i was under the impression those were like partially weird robot suits when i was a kid?
100% pure gamer 100%
Elyk
are there any pictures out there where the dogs don't have the armor on
Draku
i shouldnt be surprised sp knew that and where it was immediately but this is the funniest sequence of posts on mw
Yrrzy
why am i not surprised you had a screencap of a shower scene to hand
Elyk
lmao

this confirms then that they are NOT wearing robot suits
Mario
wait hold the fuckin phone why is one of them in a straight jacket and shit
sealelement
according to the wiki the one in the hannibal lecter is like a fucked up one who used to be the scientist who made the ray that turns the dogs into the road rovers's dog, so he's like idk the hulk or some shit where he juts fucking goes crayz
sealelement
get this man an award for his bravery
100% pure gamer 100%
Draku
(Oct 11, 2020 at 12:35 AM)Pedigree Wrote: all i did was google road rover shower scene lol
YOU NAMED THE EPISODE IT CAME FROM THOUGH
Pea
poll: does this thread belong in the louvre
Hearts
Dog garrison's that way, fellas