The End dimension in Minecraft sucks

Mario
It made some bit of sense when it was originally created as some kind of Final Boss Arena but ever since they expanded on it without improving the travel mechanics it seems to just be totally disjoint from the way the rest of the game works. Infinite Exploration, except for the End. like yeah it's infinite but since everyone has the same starting point and travel back point it just means resources from the end will get increasingly more rare to get and harder to deal with the travel related to it. Despite the end being infinite it makes the size of the mine craft world just feel a lot smaller and it becomes a lot less interesting to stick with one world with many people over time- something I like doing because you can explore how people played on your world in the past and whatnot.

dear minecraft please change how the end works.

thanks,
obama
Draku
yeah it worked great when it was just an arena but it seems rather silly now

have the arena be its own thing and the dimension part of it be a thing you access via unique portals like the nether
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Stirling
i'll let notch know about your complaint
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Yrrzy
I really hope its their next goal to improve after the cave update, the previous end updates were during the period where minecraft wasnt sure what it was doing and the recent updates indicate they'd do a much better job now.

The important endgame content like Shulkers and Elytra are really good and useful but arent remotely balanced for multiplayer, and so the more the end is explored, the harder it is for anyone else to get stuff. It's also really samey and boring, so you never feel like anything's changing as you explore. This kinda works in a small way, because travelling out into the end is scary and desolate (the threat of falling into the void and losing all your stuff is better than any horror game for Fear of Consequences imo), but its just not worth doing.
Stirling
the only time i went to the end post dragon was to die with all my best stuff so i stopped played because base minecraft really drags.
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Mario
I think they've done a good job keeping it interesting these days. The Nether update is great and they're doing a big cave update. Agree with Yrr the end has to be next. SOMETHING has to be done with it and I think there's opportunity to make it be really interesting or useful in a way you dont get w/ the overworld vs the nether instead of it being like. The CLoud Kingdom in Mario Odyssey + exceedingly diminishing returns on exploring the very empty 'post-game' stuff they added
Yrrzy
i wanna be able to fight the insect the elytra comes from
GBA
a lot of mods for the end lean into the space theme and make it like a foreign planet, which would be neat, but years too late

[Image: the-endergetic-expansion-scr-1.png]

sometimes i like to browse the minecraft suggestions they have "under review", and it seems quite a few similarly-tagged suggestions deal with some kind of dream world/dreams, bed overhauls with banners, and also magical biomes with giants and such

excited to see if any of those suggestions coalesce into a new world like the end or nether where you sleep and enter a dream world of giants via the bifrost or something--there's an unused giant enemy in the game already that they randomly added functionality to in one snapshot before removing it soon after--since i only play multiplayer on a server that's been live since 1.7, i'd personally want something new and explorable like that over an overhaul to a world where i have to fly kilometers out to hit mismatched new chunks, but different strokes

side note the infinity snapshot was like the coolest thing and i would prefer it if they went that direction with strange filters and structures to make something that doesnt resemble the nether, overworld, or end

Spoiler:

it's a shame mojang is slow with these updates; if next year's update isnt themed around the end, it means waiting another year for anything to change
also dripfeeding additions through biome/mob votes is stupid. im still waiting for deserts to be updated Sleeping