Mario
when people say someone's Valid what does that even mean? does it help? I just don't get it and even if it is comforting to people I don't think I agree with calling them Valid anyway since its like. What's valid about them? what would it take to be invalid? what are the metrics here?? Are we saying someone Exists? Are we saying they're Right? what's up with that
Spritanium
I think it's just a way to spread awareness/acceptance of people who are commonly thought to have something wrong with them
Spritanium
Definitely weird though, it seems sort of lazy when you could instead prove someone's validity by just treating them the same way you'd treat anyone else
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
(Dec 23, 2020 at 12:41 AM)Spritanium Wrote: I think it's just a way to spread awareness/acceptance of people who are commonly thought to have something wrong with them

so its like the opposite of 'what the fuck is your problem'
Money
It's p much like "understandable" + "i support you"
Mario
(Dec 23, 2020 at 12:41 AM)Spritanium Wrote: I think it's just a way to spread awareness/acceptance of people who are commonly thought to have something wrong with them

I think this is a different context than what I mean, like I see those broad messages like 'if youre like this you're valid' but I also see ones directed to an individual with no context like that at all
Spritanium
Yeah I don't think I've seen that but it's pretty weird
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
its like 'oh this person wants validation, ill tell them. theyre valid'
Mario
Sorry, @Spritanium i ran the numbers and unfortunately you are not valid