Created a new thread,
but this isn't just my thread.
It's your thread too. Post a short review about any manga[OR COMIC] you've ever read here. Ty

I will mostly be reviewing Shonen Jump series but here is one series that isn't for good measure

ATTACK ON TITAN
[Image: 9781632366542-450x675.jpeg]

Perfect metaphor.
You start school with an amazing teacher but after the 2nd quarter they disappear and get replaced by a sub who while effective doesn't really live up to the first teacher.
Now suddenly; senior year; the first teacher is back and everything before doesn't seem as bad.

That's Attack on Titan.

Great experience/10
I''S
[Image: EgdPZhmXYAELbED.jpg]

This was one of my first experiences with romance manga.
It's a really effective.
Love-triangle bull-shit but you follow the characters as they age. MC dates other girls outside of main girl and it's overall a good ride

until the ending. which kind of is just there. Like if you just got done doing two big ass loops on a rollercoaster and it just stopped fr right after the 2nd one.

Still a great read. I recommend it.

Ohdamnitsover/10
YU YU HAKUSHO
[Image: 3543684-19.jpg]

I can not get over how every girl wants to have sex with Kurama.
It'll be as soon as he shows up the entire show becomes about him.
"Hey so that was a cool episode huh"
"yeah kurama really was amazing"
"he was not in this episode"
Now I'm not going to lie he is sexy as hell but jesus christ
also of all the show for netflix to live action adapt they choose this one but suprisingly i'm not too worried bros

just keep the grandma beating the shit out of a teenage boy in and them playing street fighter for training purposes in and youre golden netflix.

10/10. read the manga and watch the anime
SAINT SEIYA
[Image: 61F953CH6HL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

It's so sad that the only people who will truly understand me when I say this are my latin brothers and sisters
and a certain percentage of american toonami viewers but

this manga is fucked up.

by the cover you expect pussy wimpy boys with wings flying away right?

wrong. how about literal bone crushing violence and death almost every arc? how about pure suffering? how about kidnapping of siblings, sibling death and fist fights with actual Gods?

This shit is awesome but there's a problem.

The anime while good is old and filled with filler and the manga art while great is very dated. If you can look past either of them check them out but it is not for the light hearted.

Broke my rib-cage typing this/10
Aidan
POKEMON SPECIAL SUN AND MOON PRETEND THIS IS IN A BIG FONT

[Image: utjkwz.png]
A manga based off of the popular video game hey you Pikachu, Pokémon adventures Sun and pokemon adventures Moon follows Sun and Moon
Now you'd expect this to be a super fucking generic like durrrrrrrrr I gotta fight the 8 other strongest cock fighters to be the greatest in the land but after like 20 years of that shit the writer got bored. So this story is kind of insane. The main guy is just trying to raise a ton of money for some stupid reason idk I read this last year. And the girl is a nurse. Neither of them really give a shit about the tournament or anything they just fuck around. Then everything changes when fucking aliens from another dimension show up and our heroes are trapped in a purgatory for 6 months where they cannot eat or sleep but their bodies refuse to die. Then that arc ends and it's like Godzilla or something after that. Basically this shit gets crazy super fast and it's really short too
Final score 0/10 read Digimon V-Tamer instead
Aidan
Fuck you pedigree don't make my post small
Thank you AIDAN for blessing us with that review. That sounds like a beautiful trainwreck. I need to check that out.

Idk why Pedigree did that; this thread is for all. Please post another bro.

KINNIKUMAN
[Image: Kinnikuman.jpg?ssl=1]

Look. Kinnikuman got robbed.
Had it gotten the proper dub treatment like DBZ did here in the west i'd be huge
Starts off as a wacky, monster of the week almost kaiju-like parody series but 30 chapters in
just randomly decides to become a wrestling tournament series and it's the best shit ever.

Complete with wrestlers based off real people, stereotypes[japanese ones included] and absolutely ridiculous moves.
[Image: picture4.png]
[Image: Kinnikuman-2.jpg]

this shit is awesome. if you like wrestling, big bara guys or just want to have a good time...check this one out.
out of all the shonen series i'll talk about this one probably sells me on the friendship and victory aspect the best besides ONE PIECE.

10 Kinniku GREATS/10
Aidan
(Dec 31, 2020 at 5:55 AM)Pedigree Wrote:
(Dec 31, 2020 at 5:51 AM)Aidan Wrote: Fuck you pedigree don't make my post small

had to, thought it would be funny especially because you said "pretend this is in big font"

oh ok that makes sense
I will forgive you IF you review your favorite magna
BLACK CAT

[Image: q91nzZI.jpg]

Now. This is a dope, interesting story about a former assassian turned bounty-hunter.
Completely devoid of fan-service, stupid anime bullshit[within limitations, this is JUMP] and actual interesting characters.
This sounds like a ft by itself but it takes another turn when you found out who wrote/drew this...

The guy who did To-Love Ru

yes. this is his first fucking series and not only is it good, it's badass. Might be a little generic by todays standards but
it still has a very unique setting and characters. If you check out the anime it's a complete adaptation with bonuses..
though the animation is by gonzo and they can get kind of weird.
The last fight is one of the best in shonen.
I don't mean to keep sucking it's dick but idk it's just good bros.

Highly recommend you check this one out. Nice solid series to read on a boring weekend trip/holiday.
Also it has Saya in it
[Image: f2Rpno1.jpg]

10 meowing cats/10.
KATEKYO HITMAN REBORN

[Image: 5025266-1943.jpg]

Now if BLACK CAT was a GOOD story about assassins; Reborn is a NOT SO GOOD one.

Sounds good on paper: Mafia boss meets boy and tells him he's going to become the leader of a prominent Mafia family in the future and that he was sent to train to be a bad ass.

Wow. Unique. Interesting. Cool.

400 something chapters later he is still a little bitch and spoilers: he doesn't become the mafia boss, he still is a bitch, and he still doesn't even confess to his crush.
There a couple saving graces about this manga but the main one is this guy
[Image: 2eehj3pcge751.jpg]

1.) baseball player turned sword user
2.) never emo. always happy as fuck.
3.) always tries to help his friends.
4.) cool hair.

he's so good that even the anime; with the notorious shit budget they had gave him the best animated fights in the series. every time.
Please don't read this.

Watch the OPs and maybe the varia arc if you want a taste of peak Reborn.

0 babies with guns/10.
NISEKOI
[Image: 1421593432.jpg]

Now I will be the first to say; I didn't like this one.
I'm in the middle of collecting it rn and I'm still not sure about it.
However there's one mini-arc in the middle of the series that's about the MC's best friend confessing to HIS crush/love interest and it's actually some of the best shit i've read in a romance type manga if not simply because that doesn't happen too often.

As for the actual manga as a whole; picture romeo and juliet if romeo and juliet were from opposite yakuza families, they went to japanese highschool and instead of their families being against them being together; they're for it, but mainly because the political power. However they hate each other.

Or something like that

I think it's worth checking out. It's not bad especially if you usually don't read that sort of thing
I've heard great things about the SHAFT anime as well.
No raunchy fan-service either. Just goofy japanese anime highschool bs.

6 NANIDESUKAS/10
CARDCAPTOR SAKURA

[Image: 91cR9ZnpCQL.jpg]

It is weird as fuck to me how everyone wants to romance Sakura in this.
Her best friend
Her best friend's mom.
Her brother's best friend
Her friend.

What the fuck is wrong with everyone in this goddamn manga/show. Jesus christ.

Calmthefuckdown/10.
SLAM DUNK
[Image: 9781421533285_manga-Slam-Dunk-Graphic-No...esizew=600]

This manga has a famous scene of the guy breaking down and crying saying "he wants to play basketball" and it's really emotional
but he had just gotten one of his teeth knocked out from fighting with the team so he says that and you just see his missing tooth
and it's actually the funniest shit.

legendary manga though. a lot of you won';t be into it due to sports but i recommend it 100%

10 MOU IPPOS/10
LUCIFER AND THE BISCUIT HAMMER
[Image: 81KD8baBwyL.jpg]

This is going to be a weird take I don't see people say a lot but..
Well..
If you're suffering from depression/anxiety of any kind you owe it to yourself to check this one out.
Seriously.
It's a great read.
Anime never ever : (

10 Biscuit Hammers/10
Great Teacher Onizuka

[Image: 81VDeAyH1GL.jpg]

This series is so fucking good the author cannot stop writing for it. 2 full ass spin-offs, one of them being on-going, 3 live action adaptations but they all pale in comparison to the original. Check this one out
Life changing.

Also check out
[Image: 51PX2F7Q79L._AC_UL600_SR402,600_.jpg]

Not a lot of people know this but this is a legit predecessor to GTO and it follows his highschool gang days. You get to see how exactly he ends up a 20 something year old loser virgin and it's actually a funny/heart-wrenching story at times.

10 motorcycle gangs/10
GINTAMA
[Image: wwf2RxF.jpg]

Now I know I'm the One Piece guy but if I had to choose my favorite anime/manga of all-time right now without a doubt it'd be Gintama.
This shit is basically a giant love letter to shonen anime otaku nerds.
The best way I can describe it is japanese south park.
It breaks all the rules and does not give a single fuck while doing it.
There is a LovePlus arc, there's a Monster Hunter arc, A goddamn Gundam arc, A Dragon Quest arc, There's whole arcs making fun of other series.

But if you thought that was all there was to it there's more
The characters are very endearing. The serious arcs are really fucking well done and the main character is not your typical MC.
1. war veteran
2. not a teenager
3. bleach fan

now. both the manga and anime are really fucking good. however this is THE ONLY case where i can honestly say the anime is BETTER simply due to the amazing work done by the sound team and voice actors.
Check this one out if you can, skip episode1{its filler] if you do try it out and give it a couple eps before you decide to drop it. if you stick around you're really in for something special whether you read the manga or watch the anime

10 SHOGUNS / 10
BEELZEBUB
[Image: 9Zm8B2U.jpg]

It's not often I read something that still holds up after so long.
I'm pretty sure this series influenced me to get into my first fight in HS.
Basically comedy/battle manga about guy who has to take care of a demon baby from hell.
Sounds stupid, it is stupid but it's a great time.

This series is dope because it's not too often you get deliquent manga anymore so having a series focus on just these kinds of students
is fascinating.
Kind of falls in quality a little bit towards the end but the last 2 volumes really end it on a satisfying note.
I recommend it

9 DABUS / 10
MEDAKA BOX
[Image: 81h0IqfAL4L.jpg]

Alright so look.
There are two Medaka Box's
Medaka Box Pre-Kumagawa
-Cute SOL school manga about solving issues
-One or two battles here and there
-Medaka being hot

Medaka Box Post-Kumagawa
-Consistent interesting battles
-Deconstruction of what makes a shonen a shonen
-Constant 3rd wall breaking AND 3rd wall breaking powers
-There is an entire chapter of a character doing shit like this
[Image: abaac7cea022e4a49191f9b2a3e784e8.jpg]
[Image: 1e02ec4bdd8d4ef12ebafd7f5a0d31d0.png]

-This

[Image: 4a325d4c41cb174db75c5c2a4acb5be7.jpg]

-Glorious reaction faces like this one
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBpGFQjmlydOGIeS3xAp2...Q&usqp=CAU]

-The main character becoming the BAD GUY.
-Medaka still being hot.

I am really suprised it lasted as long as it did but happy as well. Definitely a cult classic in shonen jump and probably shonen in general. It is a little fan servicey so if that's not your thing sit this one out but if you don't mind, hop on board. Enjoy the ride. It's a slow descend into madness and once it starts you don't want to get off until the end.

10 Medaka's Tiddies/10
DETECTIVE CONAN
[Image: 2593199-58.jpg]

You know what's crazy about those "LoL. One Piece should JUST END ALREADY" people? They never seem to mention or fuck with Detective Conan fans despite 90% of them desperately wanting the series to be put out of it's misery.
One Piece fans enjoy and love that their series is long; Detective Conan fans wish theirs would've ended 10 years ago.

It's a sad thing.
I used to fucking love this series.
It's good.
But holy shit it is going nowhere.
This shit came out in 1995. 95. The year I was born and is still ongoing.

Plot points will take bare minimum 3 years max to finish up.
This current arc just wrapped up and that took about 4.
Someone just died in the manga and it isn't even shocking.

Add on top of that author hiatuses which can last anywhere from 2 weeks to a month which seems like an issue with his health.
It's just unfortunate.
I really want to love/recommend this to people
but there just isn't enough pay-off for me to do so.

Look if you just want to view Conan as a collection of crime/murder mysterious..do that.
Honestly probably the best way to go about it at this point.
Me? I'm just tired and want it to end already.
Check it out on your own if you want

5 Truths Prevail'd/10
Two_Finger
everybody please read lucifer and the biscuit hammer, it's even fairly short if you care about length

anyways dungeon meshi is good
[Image: unknown.png]
some dude and his sister go delving into a dungeon cause's that's a lucrative thing to do, the party wipes and she gets eaten or kidnapped or something idr so after getting out bro assembles a party of misfits to go back in and find her
being misfits nobody can afford provisions so they turn to hunting monsters in the dungeon for sustenance as they go along

there's a few things going on in the story but the main focus each chapter is how they can delve deeper into the dungeon and what they end up scrounging together for food
art is a joy, the backgrounds are all incredibly pleasing to look at and the character designs are pretty diverse, every character has unique features without it going into wacky territory
character interactions are pretty fun
also it's a fantasy thing that doesn't pretend to be a video game, I know there's a lot of that out there at the moment
[Image: GrFo47K.jpg]