Do you think Dream cheated in his 1.16 MineCraft Speed Run?

Mario

Draku
obviously.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Dude
[Image: Nagito_Komaeda_Halfbody_Sprite_(18).png]
Mario

sealelement
havent watched karl's vid yet so i dont know but im gonna say maybe for now and ill update when i know for sure alright
100% pure gamer 100%
Mario
Look I've watched Dream's videos for a long time (1 month) and his antics with his friends prove his character.

Plus I don't think the rng in MineCraft is fair.

so no way did he cheat
Mario
in all seriousness though this whole thing has been a shit show. I don't think the moderators video was that convincing and dream's response video was pathetic. Karl's video is good too but idk how I feel about those simulations. Does minecraft not use seeded rng? Could we not figure out the exact seed dream was using for that rng and run the numbers? I'm sure it's difficult and not really worth doing when the chances are so low, but it's kinda weird nobody's really brought that up.
Yrrzy
i dont care
Yrrzy
i watch his hunters vs speedrunner videos sometimes theyre pretty fun if u can get over his irritating friends

but i really do not give a fuck about e-drama lmaoo
El Negro
Seeing how he went out of his way to harass the moderation team that accused him of cheating, as well as saying "he was just lucky" and not minding anything of what his teenagers fanbase did, as well as seeing how his chances of getting "lucky" are that high...

Yeah I'd say he was cheating.
El Negro
But also I just don't care and like seeing people fight amongs themselves (if I'm not involved)
[Image: z839mDR.png]
Dude
okay in a less shitposting manner

(Jan 1, 2021 at 7:46 AM)Mario Wrote: idk how I feel about those simulations.
they'd probably be more definitive if they were using the exact rng algorithm that minecraft uses but as far as i can tell they don't
still, statistically, dream's numbers are way out of range of anything you'd expect
(Jan 1, 2021 at 7:46 AM)Mario Wrote: Does minecraft not use seeded rng? Could we not figure out the exact seed dream was using for that rng and run the numbers?
funnily enough, he did upload a world folder, somebody could probably poke through and double check (for that one, single seed)
but rng calls are based on system time and are called at extremely varying amounts a frame, so unless you can say you have 100% the exact same setup as dream it'll be inconclusive at best
Aidan
would you rather:
have minecraft speedrun champion on your tinder profile, or
have minecraft speedrun cheater on your tinder profile
Fun With Despair
trick question, they stop reading at "minecraft" either way
Vertette
(Jan 6, 2021 at 3:09 AM)Pedigree Wrote: I'm announcing my Minus World speedrun to get banned

you can't beat me, I got the WR
sealelement
turns out he did
100% pure gamer 100%
Mario
yeah but he did it by MISTAKE so its ok and if you mentioned he cheated without reading his 50000 word essay about it you're misrepresenting him
Mario
watch him get mad at a dunkey video:

Aidan
how does he explain to his mom that he makes money editing a video where he gets mad about being called out for cheating at minecraft
Mario
Good news, Dunkey has finally responded to Dream's video