18+
69.57%
Other
8.70%
Total: 23 vote(s)
Yrrzy
im in favour of that
Stirling
Maybe not lifechat? Would allow venting about personal stuff to still be enabled with the youngins.
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Yrrzy
(Jan 17, 2021 at 11:51 PM)Stirling Wrote: Maybe not lifechat? Would allow venting about personal stuff to still be enabled with the youngins.

kinda exactly what some of us want to avoid tho
Yrrzy
its not about "being afraid" its about being *uncomfortable*
Spritanium
0% of us are well-adjusted adults and people under 18 should be protected from any and all situations that might lead them to believe we're setting good examples
Spritanium
We have a member bar that is a horse dildo. Why is this even a discussion
Spritanium
Talking to hypothetically ageless internet users who are lying about being 18 is infinitely less weird than talking to people who say "hi I'm 16"
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
remember when you were supposed to never give out your real name or age online before certain people figured out that was an excellent way to spy on people and gather tons of data?
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Aidan
if they can't be tried as an adult they don't get to vent to me
Yrrzy
(Jan 18, 2021 at 7:37 PM)Pedigree Wrote:
(Jan 18, 2021 at 2:26 PM)Yrrzy Wrote: its not about "being afraid" its about being *uncomfortable*

ok but you could still answer the question

why are you uncomfortable with them having access to life chat

other people are putting it more eloquently than me, im no psychiatrist so i cant tell you why i feel uncomfortable, i just Do
Fun With Despair
i would also advocate for keeping minors out of life chat, for what its worth.

my biggest defense of the 16+ issue is mainly that i think its hypocritical bullshit to have tried to boot someone out for joining when the rules weren't officially changed to 18+ and by the actual written rules he was allowed to join. especially when you guys have went HARD at MFGG staff for example in the past for retroactive rule changes in order to punish or get rid of unwanted people.

i am not a fan of vinnyvideo in any way but it was really the exact same kind of bullshit that MW would have vented about for six months if he did it on MFGG.

I don't really much care myself if 16 year olds can join or not, but I do understand why someone wouldnt want minors in life chat. i absolutely support locking lifechat to 18+ along with venting and art.
Stirling
(Jan 18, 2021 at 11:33 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: i would also advocate for keeping minors out of life chat, for what its worth.

my biggest defense of the 16+ issue is mainly that i think its hypocritical bullshit to have tried to boot someone out for joining when the rules weren't officially changed to 18+ and by the actual written rules he was allowed to join. especially when you guys have went HARD at MFGG staff for example in the past for retroactive rule changes in order to punish or get rid of unwanted people.

i am not a fan of vinnyvideo in any way but it was really the exact same kind of bullshit that MW would have vented about for six months if he did it on MFGG.

I don't really much care myself if 16 year olds can join or not, but I do understand why someone wouldnt want minors in life chat. i absolutely support locking lifechat to 18+ along with venting and art.

To be entirely fair, I'm the hardest anti-Vinny and anti-BS shit at MFGG and I haven't expressed this hypocrisy. I think a lot of people also assumed it was 18+ already too.

Yrr, if you can't express why you're uncomfortable with people younger than you needing help or struggling with life and seeking condolences or advice, then I'm sorry, but I firmly think we shouldn't cater to you. There's no distinction between an immature 28 year old struggling with a bad life situation in nature to a 16 year old in how we should approach it.

Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
rtsmarty
(Jan 18, 2021 at 11:33 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: my biggest defense of the 16+ issue is mainly that i think its hypocritical bullshit to have tried to boot someone out for joining when the rules weren't officially changed to 18+ and by the actual written rules he was allowed to join.
Dick move? Sure, I'll accept that. But what do you propose we do? No more than 3 weeks ago I requested that we move back to 18+, nobody really argued against it from what I remember. It's not like this is a position that's suddenly developed out of nowhere. Then suddenly a new 16 year old appears. What else do you propose? How could this have been handled better while still achieving the same goal?

If that's your biggest defense I urge you to reconsider because it's literally just doing it out of spite.

(Jan 18, 2021 at 11:33 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: especially when you guys have went HARD at MFGG staff for example in the past for retroactive rule changes in order to punish or get rid of unwanted people.

Citation needed?

I'd also like to remind you that this wasn't an "unwanted person". Saying "come back in two years" is not the same as "we don't like you, fuck off".

Stirling Wrote:Yrr, if you can't express why you're uncomfortable with people younger than you needing help or struggling with life and seeking condolences or advice, then I'm sorry, but I firmly think we shouldn't cater to you. There's no distinction between an immature 28 year old struggling with a bad life situation in nature to a 16 year old in how we should approach it.

Alright here's a reason. A lot of people here are completely fucking broken. Fucked. We would be incredibly poor influences on a child. I do not want fucking up some child on my conscience. We're a bad enough influence on each other, much less children. I'll concede that Lifechat is the worst of this but I'd still argue it applies everywhere.

But more than that I'm fucking 31. Talking to 16 year olds is fucking weird and please don't try to argue that that's just me, I will not believe you to be arguing in good faith.
Fun With Despair
i mean at this point i'm literally just mostly neutral on this topic besides just being a bit pissed over hypocrisy regarding retroactivity and what not.

I don't particularly like 16 year olds either so I guess I can just remove my vote. I don't WANT more minors i just fucking hate how it was handled on the whole.
Yrrzy
i feel bad about how we handled it too ftr
rtsmarty
(Jan 19, 2021 at 12:34 AM)Pedigree Wrote: @rtsmarty: "Alright here's a reason. A lot of people here are completely fucking broken. Fucked."

It really is not your place to talk about how completely broken/fucked up a lot of people here are. Speak for yourself.
I am speaking for myself. I 100% believe that a large portion of our members base (myself included) would not be a good influence on a child. If you need an example, just look at how I handled this situation. You think I can be trusted to give good advice to a literal child?

And like Yrr, I'm not happy that it was handled so poorly, and I'm especially not happy with how Sooshy(?) was made to feel. I tried to reassure him that this had nothing to do with him personally, but I knew it wasn't going to make him feel better. Ideally we handled this weeks ago. But we didn't. I'm not happy about that in the slightest.
Spritanium
My Final Opinion:

Only allow users 18 and up anywhere on our forum or discord; if a user is found to be <18 they should be banned until their 18th birthday; this is the only policy I can possibly not feel weird about while also providing horse cock memorabilia
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Fun With Despair
(Jan 19, 2021 at 12:59 AM)rtsmarty Wrote:
(Jan 19, 2021 at 12:34 AM)Pedigree Wrote: @rtsmarty: "Alright here's a reason. A lot of people here are completely fucking broken. Fucked."

It really is not your place to talk about how completely broken/fucked up a lot of people here are. Speak for yourself.
I am speaking for myself. I 100% believe that a large portion of our members base (myself included) would not be a good influence on a child. If you need an example, just look at how I handled this situation. You think I can be trusted to give good advice to a literal child?

And like Yrr, I'm not happy that it was handled so poorly, and I'm especially not happy with how Sooshy(?) was made to feel. I tried to reassure him that this had nothing to do with him personally, but I knew it wasn't going to make him feel better. Ideally we handled this weeks ago. But we didn't. I'm not happy about that in the slightest.
well, i agree with this post mostly.

i removed my vote, if that helps. i literally only cared about how it was handled.
Aidan
(Jan 19, 2021 at 1:08 AM)Pedigree Wrote: Petition to remove the horsecock memberbar is always an option

it's too gross and tacky to use anyways

fuck u
Stirling
(Jan 19, 2021 at 12:25 AM)rtsmarty Wrote: Alright here's a reason. A lot of people here are completely fucking broken. Fucked. We would be incredibly poor influences on a child. I do not want fucking up some child on my conscience. We're a bad enough influence on each other, much less children. I'll concede that Lifechat is the worst of this but I'd still argue it applies everywhere.

But more than that I'm fucking 31. Talking to 16 year olds is fucking weird and please don't try to argue that that's just me, I will not believe you to be arguing in good faith.

I think the first has been clear with how grandstanding Aidan was anytime Mfan had something to ask advice about, or how defensive others would be when Kesha would give a suggestion.

If people don't want to talk to kids, I'm not opposed to that and have voted for 18+ since I saw this, and opined such. I adjust as needed to younger and lower functioning people typically and that's a concession I just don't have an issue making, though I'm not fighting for it. I just think "me no comfy" isn't a great reasoning, and if we do allow 16+, they should have an outlet to discuss important life things. We all had each other to do such, and while there's an implicit power discrepancy in someone your age to someone half your age, that comradery is still possible.

I still want it to be 18+.

Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler: