Shroomguy
Merge this if there’s another one already I guess idk on mobile can’t find it. The GG had me thinking about food as well, but the other stuff was uh...well either way.

Or best restaurant you’ve been to etc.

I was on a serious foodie kick before COVID. I got big into cooking all sorts of good stuff after the lockdown. Still, just before all this went down I went to a little restaurant in Boston called the Smoke Shop.

I still think about those smoked chicken wings. You ever have a smoked chicken wing? Some of the best BBQ I’ve ever had. Place was also a whiskey bar and had a ridiculously good selection. Thinking of picking up a smoking gun for myself to add some pizazz to my cooking.

My Dad (Rest his soul) showed his love with cooking and feeding people. We think it mighta been in the genes or something since my sister opened up two restaurants.

Anyhow, he actually cut up the old cherry tree in the backyard. Might pulp and dry some of the wood if I do get that smoking gun.

Latest dish I’ve made in Fesenjan. Really good Persian stewed chicken with Pomegranate and Walnuts of all things. Was skeptical but it was fantastic.

Anyway, what have your culinary endeavors been looking like? You got a delivery spot or kind of food you’ve been eating recently? Or do you have some serious hangups

It’s lunch time so I’m a little food motivated atm
The Beef Baron
Vertette
I'm getting a bit bored with the recipes I usually make so I've been experimenting a bit more lately. Doesn't always work out, but hey.
Elyk
Nobody in my family ever taught me how to cook and I haven't managed to build up the drive to start on my own yet. It just feels like I'm wasting my time if I prepare a good meal for 1-2 hours (then there's the cleanup) as opposed to just making something very simple or heating up something frozen.

As far as restaurants go I live in a primarily Italian area so we have about a dozen pizzerias nearby that cover the entire spectrum of quality. I'd give the Best Burger award to a little food court attached to the gas station down the road.
Shroomguy
(Jan 25, 2021 at 4:37 PM)Elyk Wrote: Nobody in my family ever taught me how to cook and I haven't managed to build up the drive to start on my own yet. It just feels like I'm wasting my time if I prepare a good meal for 1-2 hours (then there's the cleanup) as opposed to just making something very simple or heating up something frozen.

As far as restaurants go I live in a primarily Italian area so we have about a dozen pizzerias nearby that cover the entire spectrum of quality. I'd give the Best Burger award to a little food court attached to the gas station down the road.

Sometimes a good meal can take a while to put together. (My gumbo is a labor of love) but there’s some things you can throw together in under an hour or even 30 minutes that is still a awesome. Stir fry and rice is quick and dirty, for example.

I enjoy the process though. (I know that isn’t the case for a lot of folks to be fair)

There was a burger joint up here that had exotic meat burgers. I’ve had kangaroo and ostrich (both very good) But I’m still a sucker for Five Guys when it comes down to it.
The Beef Baron

Thread Tags

food cooking foodie